fin

sweet for you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

There was flour everywhere. 

 

And by everywhere, she meant everywhere. 

 

Especially all over herself. 

 

Sana didn’t want to, nor did she even need to look into a mirror to see the mess that was all over herself. 

 

But then again, it was her fault for wanting to do this. 

 

It was currently the month of February and Valentine’s Day was coming up, so of course Sana would go and want to spoil her girlfriend, Dahyun, for that special day (but Sana wouldn’t complain if she could every day). 

 

“You don’t need to, it’s okay,” Dahyun smiled up at her. 

 

The problem was that Dahyun thought it’d be tiresome for Sana to do all that Valentine’s Day stuff people often did, especially with how busy the older girl was with her school academics. 

 

Sana whined, trying to convince the younger girl. “But I want to , is the thing.”

 

Dahyun worried over her. “We can just stay in and have a little date to ourselves, just don’t push yourself to do all that other stuff.”

 

And though Dahyun still assured her that she didn’t need to do anything special like make chocolate from scratch, here Sana was in her kitchen, best friend Momo talking her through the steps over the phone, and the outcome of the situation seemed evident. 

 

“This is a lost cause,” Momo groaned, covering her face in exasperation. “How is it that you have absolutely no talent or skill in the kitchen?”

 

Sana made a face, refusing to admit to the fact. “That’s such a lie, Momo.”

 

“Sana, you literally managed to burn instant ramen to a crisp,” Momo deadpanned. “And don’t forget I have the pictures to prove it.”

 

“I— “

 

“Like girl, I couldn’t even burn ramen like you did even if I tried to— “

 

“We get it, okay?” Sana rolled her eyes. She could never live that moment down, Momo would always bring it up whenever she could. The girl found joy in her misery, she swore. 

 

Sana glanced at the time on her phone, panicking when she realized she only had a few hours left until Dahyun would come over to her place. She couldn’t mess this up, she had to finish it. 

 

“Can you please help me?” Sana used her puppy-dog eyes, hoping its effect worked on the older girl.

 

“Again?” Momo let out a breath, rethinking her life choices to have gotten here. “We’ve gone over this multiple times already.”

 

In fact, Sana had called Momo three hours ago and had gone through her instructions to no avail, each batch of chocolates having no improvement in being close to what she wanted as an end result. Momo had no idea how Sana was this bad. 

 

Sana clasped her hands in front of her, close to getting on her knees to beg Momo to help her again. “Pretty please?”

 

The line went silent, and Sana thought the screen had frozen still on Momo’s face, before the girl spoke up. 

 

“You owe me.”

 

Sana cheered, throwing her hands up in excitement, and jumped up. 

 

“Thank you, thank you!”

 

She had one last chance to make this a success, she couldn’t screw up again.

 

Sana shook out as much flour out of her hair as she could, making quick work to tie her hair up into a high ponytail, brushing the hair out from her face. 

 

She could do this.

 

. . .

 

“Oh god, these are hideous.”

 

Sana was extra careful this time, trying hard not to burn the chocolate as she melted it. In the end, she was able to pour them into molds and set them to rest in the freezer. 

 

She taste-tested one and hummed at the taste. “Not bad, not bad at all.”

 

Yet, for some reason, the chocolates were still a bit too soft and the molds seemed to almost be useless as the chocolate shaped pieces were deformed. 

 

Sana bit her lip, furrowing her brows, trying to figure out if she still had time to do something in order to fix the chocolates. She wondered if she could leave the sweets in the freezer and find a way to sneak them out to give to Dahyun later. 

 

Momo had left around the time she was putting the heated liquid chocolate into the different molds, saying she had done all she could and now Sana should just pray that it turns out alright. 

 

Now she didn’t know how to feel as she looked down at the chocolates in her hands. Maybe she could attempt and mold a heart for a couple of them, which seemed like an easy task but proved otherwise as Sana grit her teeth. 

 

There was some white chocolate left that Sana could decorate half of the batch in, paying extra attention as she coated some and went as far as drawing little hearts on. 

 

Sana’s phone chimed at a new alert, a new message from Dahyun informing that she was currently outside waiting at the door, Sana presumed.

 

She spazzed around in a hurry, putting the chocolates back into the container mold and throwing it into the back of the freezer with a loud bang.

 

There wasn’t anything else she could do, she’d have to deal with it and hope that Dahyun wouldn’t make too much fun of her. 

 

The Japanese girl sprinted all the way to the bathroom to wash all the flour and whatnot off her hands, trying to fix her hair in a way that was fairly presentable. 

 

A quiet knock sounded from her door and Sana called out loudly, “One second!”

 

There was flour and dried chocolate stains all over her shirt and somehow on her pants as well and Sana had never changed clothes so fast in her life from that moment. 

 

Her hair fell in light brown waves over her shoulders, a loose white tee paired with plain, simple grey joggers

 

There was no need to dress up all fancy when they were going to be in the apartment the whole time, and Sana knew Dahyun was outside wearing her most comfortable hoodie and pants.

 

Sana quickly stumbled her way over to the door and as she let out a breath, reaching for the door, she also went and grabbed the bouquet that was leaning against the wall there, hiding it behind her back

 

The door clicked open and Dahyun beamed up at her, shining brightly, before she closed the distance with a hug. 

 

Sana pulled the bouquet from behind her back to show Dahyun and the younger gasped, her hands reaching out to hold the bouquet herself.

 

Dahyun’s eyes widened in surprise, her face lighting up. “Flowers?” 

 

Sana smiled, leaning the bouquet towards the girl. “For you.”

 

Dahyun was silent in awe, taking in the beauty of the flowers that Sana had bought just for her.

 

They were beautiful lilacs, some of them ranging in different shades of purple from light to dark all mixed together and bunched up into a single big bouquet just for her. 

 

She buried her nose into the bunch, inhaling the sweet scent, a blush fighting its way to her cheeks. The gesture was cute of Sana. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter