Too Fast, Too Soon

One Day More
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joohyun always imagined that she and Seulgi would grow old together, sitting on a rocking chair in their house’s garden, surrounded by people they loved.  And then at night, when they’ve both lived their life to the fullest and loved as hard as they could… they would lay on their bed, embraced, and share the moment where they both take their last breath. Happy at the life they’ve lived.

 

Joohyun didn’t imagine that the world would be cruel enough to take her other half sooner than she could ever think. 

 

But what if… what if she was given exactly 24 hours to spend with Seulgi? What would she do?



 

Speeding past the night lights in Seoul City on a motorcycle, Joohyun loved the rush of the cold wind against her face. What she loved more though was the driver of said motorcycle, her four-year long girlfriend, recently turned fiancé, Kang Seulgi.

 

The girl had picked her up from work and upon Joohyun’s insistence, they had decided to go to an observatory, there were predictions that there would be a meteor showere that would speed through the atmosphere.

 

“Hey babe!” 

 

“What?!” Joohyun strained to hear Seulgi’s voice over the loud sound of the wind and of the buzzing motor.

 

“Have I ever told you how much I love you?!” 

 

The next thing she knew, the bike that they were on was spinning out of control… Joohyun could only hear her screams and the tires squeaking against the pavement.

 

‘I love you hyun!’ and Seulgi’s strained voice before her world came to a stop. The stars falling and then darkness enveloped her. 

 

Beep. 


 

Beep. 


 

Beep… Beep.. Beep..


 

Joohyun furrowed her brows as the beeping sound that roused her from her slumber went faster and faster, louder and louder. 

 

Joohyun tried to move her arms to turn her alarm off but found her limbs still, no matter how hard she tried… her hands wouldn't move. 

 

Panic set into her and the beeping pound sounded faster… Why were her arms not moving? 

 

Were they tied? I swear if this was one of Seulgi's twisted pranks, Joohyun would have it out with that dumb bear!

 

Wait…  Seulgi? Where's Seulgi?! 

 

All at once, Joohyun remembered the skidding tire, the sound of Seulgi's scream, the feeling of being spun around… the pain of hitting the hard ground, the warmth of Seulgi's embrace… the iron scent of their blood… 

 

Seulgi! Where's Seulgi?! 

 

Joohyun desperately tried to move her arms, trying to reach for Seulgi's hands that she knows are probably only inches away from hers as it always is… 

 

But she couldn't move her hand, Joohyun grew more frustrated by the second. 

 

Beep… 

 

Beep.. Beep! 

 

"Code blue!" 

 

"Patient has an elevated heart rate, she might go into cardiac arrest.” 

 

Finally! Her hand moved! Joohyun reached out and grasped for Seulgi's hands, but her palm only met empty air. 

 

"Doctor, her hand, it's moving."

 

Doctor? 

 

Why was there a doctor in her room? 

 

Joohyun tried to open her eyes, but was immediately blinded by the bright light of her surroundings. She flinched and closed her eyes shut, 

 

"Ms. Bae.." 

 

"Ms. Bae can you hear me? I am doctor Kwon, I've been taking care of you for almost four months now.." 

 

Four months?! … where's Seulgi's? 

 

Joohyun tried to call out for her other half, "Seulgi…" 

 

But her voice wasn't there and only a silent rasp escaped her lips. 

 

"Seulgi… Seulgi… Seulgi.." Joohyun panicked, and with every time she called out Seulgi's name, the loud beeping sound went faster and faster till all of a sudden, Joohyun felt so drowsy… 





 

The next time Joohyun woke up, a man wearing white was standing next to her mother. 

 

Her mother immediately burst into tears at the sight of Joohyun's open eyes, whilst the doctor made sure that Joohyun drank her water and was calm as they explained to the raven head what had happened to her. 

 

Four months… she was in a coma, she had been in an accident--but what

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter