Hiding

Bruises

After leaving the rooftop, WooHyun comes back to my apartment with me in order to avoid SungGyu. I lend him some pajamas, and even with all of the thoughts running through our heads, we manage to fall asleep. I wake up two hours later to the loud buzz of my alarm clock. I groan and shut it off, turning over to face WooHyun. He's still sleeping, and he looks surprisingly peaceful. I briefly wonder if he's in any pain. The bruises from last night look at least twice as bad. The worst ones have turned a bluish purple color, and his split lip looks a bit swollen. I frown and get out of bed, pulling on a pair of sweat pants. I walk to the bathroom and pull out every drawer in the small vanity. "Please be here," I mumble to myself. Searching through the large assortment of items, I smile when I find what I'm looking for.

 

I walk back to WooHyun and sit down on the edge of the bed next to him, putting the item on the bedside table. I hesitate before gently shaking him awake. He looks up at me in confusion, then in recognition once he remembers the past few hour's events. "Good morning," I say to him with a smile. He returns the smile and stretches, throwing off the covers. "The towels are still in the closet, right? I'm gonna take a quick shower." I nod and he walks to the closet, grabs a towel, and closes the bathroom door. As soon as I hear the water running, I stand up and walk into the kitchen area. While I look for something to make us for breakfast, I hear a phone buzz behind me.

 

I look around in confusion before spotting it on the table. I pick it up, noticing it's WooHyun's and not mine. Looking at the small display screen, I see he has a new text message from SungGyu. My eyes widen while I decide whether to read it or not. I look at the bathroom door before pressing 'open'.

 

From: SungGyu <3

Where are you?

 

"Woohyun, come here," I yell towards the bathroom. The water stops, and within a minute or two he walks into the room, towel wrapped loosely around his waist. I wordlessly hand him his phone and watch as he reads the text. We both jump as he receives another text, and I grab the phone once he's done reading it.

 

From: SungGyu <3

You're at SungYeol's, aren't you?

 

I look at him, and he looks back at me and frowns. "I'm not telling him where I am," he states. I nod. "When do you wanna leave for the hotel?" I ask, handing him back his phone.  "As soon as I can," He replies, setting the phone on the table and adjusting his towel. He walks back to the bed and looks for his clothes from the previous day. "SungGyu's at work right now, right?" I question. He looks up and nods. "Do you want to go back to your apartment and grab some clothes?" He stops and hesitates before answering. "Will you come with me? Just in case?" He quietly asks me, looking at the ground. And for a second, I get mad. Mad at SungGyu, for making his own boyfriend fear him like this. I clench my fists and answer him in the calmest voice I can. "Let's go. Just wear a pair of my sweats for now."

 

As WooHyun unlocks the apartment, the first thing that hits me is the smell. The apartment reeks of cigarette smoke. I turn around and take my last breath of fresh air before walking through the doorway. WooHyun walks straight to the bedroom, and I follow after him. He grabs a small travel bag from the closet and opens a few drawers, grabbing clothes and stuffing them into the bag. I look around the room while I wait. It's changed a lot since the last time I visited. Where it used to be organized and comfortable, it was now messy and depressing. There are clothes scattered all around the room, and a stack of empty cigarette cartons next to the buzzing desk lamp. The bed is unmade, and also covered with piles of clothes. I look down at WooHyun, then up at the dresser he's currently taking clothes out of. There's not much on top of it, only a picture frame and a small blue box. I grab the box without thinking and read the front. Condoms. I blush and throw the box back down, feeling embarrassed and guilty for snooping.

 

"Okay, I'm done," WooHyun says as he stands up. We make our way to the front door, and I notice him hesitate before locking it. We walk to my apartment, and he changes into a new pair of clothes. I go over to the bedside table and call WooHyun's name. When he's next to me, I motion for us to sit down and show him the item I had grabbed earlier. He furrows his brows and looks at me quizically. "What is that?" He asks me. I smile at him and take the cap off of the small bottle. "It's makeup," I reply. My girlfriend at the time had bought this after I'd gotten drunk and hit my face against the door, bruising my nose prettly badly. She had rubbed a bit of the makeup on the bruise, making it look like there was nothing there. WooHyun eyes the small bottle and laughs. "Do you even know how to use it?" I roll my eyes and grab his jaw. "Just stay still," I order sternly. I squeeze a bit of the cold makeup onto the tip of my finger and press it on WooHyun's cheek. He flinches, but stays still otherwise. I rub it in and blend it fully, doing the same to all of the other bruises on his face. After I'm finished I take a step back and look at his face. The bruises were still there, but they were a lot less noticeable. I hand him a mirror and he smiles at his reflection.

 

"Are you ready?" I ask him. I zip up my own bag, having agreed to stay with him for as long as he wanted. He walks to the front door with his bag, grabbing his phone. "I'm past ready. Did you call the hotel yet?" He asks me. I stand up and grab my keys. "Yeah, a few minutes ago," I reply. "Now come on, let's go." I take one last look at my apartment before closing the door behind us.

 

 

~*~

So I kind of imagined SungYeol's apartment looking like this: http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5265/5549547609_ffb00d0a78.jpg I feel like it'd be small and comfortable.