Letters with the Elephant Stickers

SUAYEON ONE-SHOTs because i'm gay


"Another one?" Gahyeon gasped, eyes sparkling with joy.

My Bora,

No, I am not a connoisseur.

But I find this flower extremely beautiful.

It's captivating, just like you.

Of course, I googled the meaning of this (because God forbid, it could mean weird things) but turns out it means love or passion or desire.

Also, red looks good on you too. You look extra gorgeous today.

Anyhow, I wish I made you smile at how silly this is. Have a great day!

Love,

Sing

Bora is definitely smiling, looking at the single red rose in her hand. She has been getting mysterious letter taped in her locker on random days for almost a year now. Sometimes, it comes with a chocolate, candy and now for the first time, a flower.

"But like we're about to enter our last year here in Uni. Whoever that is should be making himself known by now or he'd lose his chance" Minji commented munching on her Macaroons.

"He's so romantic. Who could this Sing guy be?" Gahyeon gushes.

"Bold of you to assume it's a man." Handong said sipping on her coffee.

The three women looked at her curiously.

"I mean it could be my innate dislike to men, but there is no way in hell a man could do that. That my friends, is a very gay thing to do." Handong explained.

"Somehow, true. I mean it's Bora unnie. She's liked by everyone." Gahyeon agrees.

"Yeah, but that would be a disaster because she's straight as . She has no chance at all." Minji said.

Bora rolled her eyes at that.

"Unnie, Pasta is as straight as it can be ... until it gets wet." Handong answered back which made the other three laughs.

"Though, the hand-writing is a mess. 100% sure it's written by a man!" Minji pointed out.

At the seat not too far from them, Siyeon heard everything and can't help but sigh.

"For the record, your handwriting really does ." Yubin said as a matter of fact.

"I'm sorry, unnie." Yoohyeon sighed with her.

It was initially just a dare. Siyeon has been having a huge crush on Bora ever since she entered the Uni. They have different courses but have the same department, College of Arts and Culture. She was just a freshman in Music Production while Bora was a sophomore in Performing Arts, majoring in Dance. Since they are under same department, there are multiple occasions they would meet but Siyeon doubts Bora even remembers her.

She only ever talked to her once. She was about to go home when she saw Bora coming out of  one of the faculty offices.

"H-hi, Sunbae." Siyeon greeted when their eyes meet.

Bora smiled at her and did a little wave. Siyeon's smile was only for a brief moment as it turns to a concerned frown.

"Sunbae, your finger is bleeding!" Siyeon pointed out.

"Ah, . Must be a paper cut" Bora winces as she brushes it off from her shirt. Siyeon immediately rummages through her bag and takes out a piece of band aid. She peels it off and carefully wraps it on the older's finger.

Bora giggles as she noticed the designs on it - cute little wolves.

"Thank you, Wolfie." Bora pats her shoulder and walks off.

And so, her unrequited love began. She remained admiring from afar for a year until she reaches sophomore. Yoohyeon dared her to send just one letter to her. She did but after seeing Bora's reaction, she decided she'd do it until she gets the courage to confess to her personally.

"But cheer up, unnie. There's a line up of girls and boys, begging for you just to give them a chance." Yubin quips.

It's true, though. Siyeon is undeniably one of the popular students in their department. Not only for her looks, but also for her talent in producing and well, singing as well.

"Yeah, but they're not Bora." Siyeon pouts.

She wasn't sure if Bora was straight or gay. But it didn't bother her before since she has not seen the older girl date anyone. So her chance was still 50/50. But after hearing Minji, her chance has been demolished completely.

"Well, the only way you can have her is by ... making her wet." Yoohyeon wiggled her eyebrows.

Siyeon almost chokes in her coffee while her two friends laughed.

***

"Minji, it's been 3 months! Sing hasn't been writing me anything!" Bora groaned as she sat next to Minji.

They're back from their break and are now on their 3rd month of their final year. Minji is from the Arts Management program but the Department director gathered 1-5 students from each program under the same department.

"Could it be that your secret admirer was from the seniors and has already graduated?" Minji voiced out her thoughts.

"Possible. But he or she, I don't know, could have said goodbye to me. I mean, Sing made my year. I was happy you know. I don't really care if it's from a him or a her" Bora groaned once again.

"As you know, we have a tradition of sending-off Senior students. This includes musical performances from you guys. I want you to collaborate and produce a spectacle." The director explained and quickly left.

As soon as she left, almost everyone appointed Minji as the director of the mini-concert they are planning.

"Okay, babes. Let's brainstorm a theme so we can follow through with it in each department. Ideas?" Minji started.

"Okay, how about like Greatest Showman theme! It can both be theatrical in a sense, but also music festival too!" Handong, clearly from Theater Arts, suggested.

"Oh my god, I can already imagine the set design!" Gahyeon, from Production Design, gushes.

Siyeon, who was also chosen to participate with Yubin, could do nothing but jot down the endless ideas. Honestly, she was already feeling the pressure. She was a hundred percent sure she will engineer, if not produce, all the music that will be used. But it excites her nonetheless.

Somehow, writing down something is enough distraction for her as she is seated right next to Bora.

She smells so good. She thought.

During their 3-month break, Siyeon thought whether to confess or not on Bora's final year. She decided to just completely stop since she already got the confirmation from Minji that she isn't gay. There was no point of confessing.

"I mean, Sing made my year. I was happy you know. I don't really care if it's from a him or a her" Bora's words keep running through her head though. Was there real no point of confessing? She can just introduce herself and just go on with life.

But she might not be able to handle Bora's disappointment when she tells her it's her. Bora might be angry, too. Or be uncomfortable. It could ruin Bora's last year. Siyeon thought that would be the worst.

"You're too serious. What are you writing, Wolfie?" Bora's voice pulled Siyeon out from reverie.

Wolfie? WOLFIE?! Siyeon's mind was shouting.

"You okay?" Bora asked out of concern as she didn't get an answer from Siyeon who was just staring at her.

"Oh. Um yeah. You ... you know me? I ... I mean you remembered?" Siyeon wanted to slap herself for stuttering hard but how can she not when the love of her life just called her Wolfie for the second time.

Bora giggled. "Of course, I do! You're my favorite Junior!" She added.

Favorite junior. Siyeon is pretty sure she is now as red as a tomato.

"Anyway, what are you writing over there that makes you have that serious face with your eyebrows all scrunched up?" Bora asked once again, wanting to see Siyeon's notes.

"Ah yeah... well... you know just the ideas the team has been throwing." Siyeon tried to explain giving Bora her notebook.

"Unnie" Siyeon looked away from Bora to look at Yubin who is seated beside her whispered her name. Yubin has her eyes wide - the kind of expression she does when she panics. She looks over to Yoohyeon who has the same expression.

"Let me see what we have he — " Bora started but immediately stopped.

Siyeon was confused for a moment until her focus went back to Bora who turned pale.

"It's you." Bora said looking back at Siyeon.

Bora received almost a hundred of letters from Sing. She was so sure the handwriting on the notebook she's holding is the same from the ones on the letter.

"Sing." She whispers.

Siyeon immediately stood up, grabbed her bag and dashed off without saying a word.

***

Siyeon sighs as she pulled out yet another letter taped to the door of her studio. It's no secret she's been receiving love confessions left and right but she tends ignore them all since she's dumbly in love with Bora.

She slumps into her seat in her workstation. It's been exactly 3 weeks since she last saw Bora. She was doing her best in hiding and running away from Bora. And boy was it too hard. The campus is big as hell but for some reason, they would always meet somewhere. And every time that happens, she runs away as fast as lightning. She'd miss all the meetings that were held for the upcoming send-off party, making sure Yubin attend instead.

It was embarrassing to even think that that was the way she confessed - by accidentally showing her notebook with her freaking handwriting. She rested her forehead on her desk, her MIDI controller completely on her face.

She heard someone opened the door but she didn't move.

"Yubin, I'm gonna let the fact that you did not knock slide. Now go away, I want to be alone" she muttered.

"Lee Siyeon" that's definitely not Yubin.

Siyeon immediately stood up and turned around only to see Bora with a frown.

"Sunbae..." she whispered.

"I hate you."

Siyeon swears she could hear how her heart shattered into pieces hearing Bora's words.

"I know. I am sorry. I shouldn't have -"

"You were ignoring my letters since forever when I have been keeping yours, even the first one!" Bora cut her off.

What? Ignoring what?

Bora showed her a familiar purple stationery with a small elephant sticker on it. The same one Siyeon's holding right now. She's been receiving that same stationery for quite some time now, consistently but she never paid attention to it, not even opening them because it wasn't Bora. It always caught her attention, though, because the elephant was so random.

But what in the world is happening right now?

"I...don't understand." Siyeon said, still in confusion.

"You... gave me that band aid. I ... well, I started taping letter on your locker since that day. But you never read them! Then I noticed your locker getting more letters from people so... I ... started taping them to your studio. But you still never read them. It's annoying you know?" Bora rambles.

"I... I am sorry for not reading it but ... I was so focused writing you too. But ... what... this is confusing. What are you saying?"

"I am saying I like you too, !" Bora exclaimed.

"You... like me? As in like like?"

"Yes! As in like I wanna kiss you right now. But I am not gonna do that because I am shy and I still hate you for not reading my letters"

Siyeon couldn't believe it but still, she took a step forward, inching closer to Bora.

"Can I ... hug you, then? I am so happy right now." Siyeon whispered.

Bora beamed and pulled siyeon by the waist, hugging her tightly instead of answering. Siyeon could hear and feel Bora giggling.

"Can't believe you like me too. Feels like a dream to me. Oh my god." Siyeon whispered, still holding Bora in her arms.

"Yeah, must be the wolf band aid." Bora quipped.

"I like you Bora Sunbae. Will you go out with me?" Siyeon pulled away to look at Bora.

"Finally! I thought you'd never ask, my Sing. I'd love to, Wolfie." Bora answered and peck on Siyeon's cheek.

***

Hello, babes. 
I am sorry for the long wait. Got busy with work (AGAIN). 

Bringing you this fluff Suayeon. 

Already got few ideas on my mind, I just need to make time to write them into a one-shot story.  
I also have like two different stories that have like multiple chapters each. One already has 5 chapters written and the other already has three. So I'll probably publish two completely new Stories maybe by February or March. 

By the way, Happy New Year everyone!