Chapter 2

๐˜”๐˜ถ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ ๐˜ˆ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฐ ๐˜ˆ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ต ๐˜“๐˜ฐ๐˜ท๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ ๐˜ถ (๐–ค๐–ฝ๐—‚๐—๐–พ๐–ฝ ๐–ต๐–พ๐—‹๐—Œ๐—‚๐—ˆ๐—‡+๐–ก๐—ˆ๐—‡๐—Ž๐—Œ ๐–ข๐—๐–บ๐—‰๐—๐–พ๐—‹)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

ย 

The second time we met was in the cafeteria. Yizhuo told me that the two of us would be eating lunch with other people for a change. I didn't like the sound of that because I was practically okay with just the two of us.

Just because I'm an introvert doesn't mean I'm socially awkward, well I am socially awkward, but it's not just because I'm an introvert. C'mon, it took years to get to this level!

I was taken aback to see Karina sitting at our table, together with her group of friends. I only know Giselle (Karinaโ€™s best friend) because Yizhuo told me they had classes before. The rest, well, I'm not planning to.

"So, Winter, right?"ย 

Ugh. One of Karina's guy friends started.

ย "You were the girl Karina kissed at the party, right?"

Oh, God.

Why do you have to mention that, you jerk? Should I just deny it and run as far away from these people? Social interaction is such a nightmare. Yizhuo will understand, and she can take care of herself if I happen to storm out of here.

"You guys, what now?!" Now, it was Yizhuo's turn to aggravate me. Ughhhhhh.

I forgot to tell you all that Yizhuo doesn't know the ongoing feud happening between me and Karina. I sort of locked it in a chamber, buried it deep into the depths of my brain, making sure it'll never see the light of dawn ever again.

I should've mentioned it. I wouldn't be suffering now if I did.

โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹I didn't answer his question. What am I supposed to say? Deny the question even though they already know it was me? Are they making fun of me? I walk out of the scene, excusing myself that I need to do some important things.

My action earned some confused stares and raised brows, and Karina wasn't saying anything, not even an apology. And I feel like I'm being cornered in a situation where I no longer feel safe. I have to get out of there.

I explained to Yizhuo what happened the other day. She understood and never brought it up again.ย 

A year had passed, and it was long forgotten.

But then, here we are again.

"I heard you were looking for a recommendation letter for your paintings? I can arrange that for you. In return, I need your cooperation. I need someone to act as my fake girlfriend."

"Why me?"

"It's because we don't like each other. I don't wanna deal with the burden of someone falling in love with me. I don't have time for that."

"Why don't you ask one of your friends?"

"I can't. That'll be awkward. And I don't flirt with my friends."

"So, you'd rather flirt with me? It's that what you're saying?"

"We both know that we despise one another, so the term flirting is non-existence from the very beginning. Plus, it's a win-win situation, youโ€™ll get the recommendation letter, then people will stop throwing themselves at me."

Making a living as an artist will be such a pain in the future. But if I could get a recommendation letter from someone who has a good reputation and connection, it'll be such an opportunity. That's why I agreed to be Karina Yu's fake girlfriend.ย 

I thought it would be easy. Oh boy, I spoke too soon.

I thought we're just going to act when people are watching and then ignore each other right after. But no, it's more than that.

In order to fool everyone, public display of affection and kissing was one of the conditions listed on how to fake date Karina Yu. And I'd say she's doing a great job, while me, well, you could say I'm stillโ€”processing.

Skin ships are not something I'm familiar with, and she was the first person who invaded my personal space like this. Not to mention the girl seems to have an obsession with kissing. Has she always been like this?

"We need something that can make people believe that we're dating."

"Wasn't announcing it already enough?"

"It did make an impact. But we need something more than that. Something noticeable. Something people can see."ย 

She looks at me like she's gonna devour me whole and says, "Probably a kiss mark or a hickey would do..."ย 

I gulp, feeling my nervousness creeping out of my body. Before I could react, she grabbed me by

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter