Ride or Die

Ride or Die
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Inspired by Outrun Ep 14

 

100% fiction. AU - established relationship.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

 

If there was anything that Jong Kook desperately wanted to do right now, that was to strangle his dongsaeng, Ha Dong Hoon, for putting him and his girlfriend, Ji Hyo, on the spot.

 

Frankly speaking, If it weren’t for his kids and Ji Hyo’s piercing glare, he would have locked Dong Hoon in the meeting room and given him the proper beating he deserved. Dong Hoon had been extra persistent this year, reviving his pursuit to tease Jong Kook’s love life. He really should’ve shot down his suggestion weeks ago.

 

Poke.

 

Jong Kook blinked his eyes when he felt Ji Hyo’s tiny finger poking his side, drawing his attention back to her. She was seated on top of the counter with her wide doe eyes filled with curiosity.

 

Tilting her head, she whispered, “Are you sure you’re okay, Oppa?” Carefully examining his face to check if he was still fine from Director Ha and his reliable assistant Seok Jin’s ridiculous orders.

 

Jong Kook pressed his lips into a tight smile, “Yeah. Are you okay?” This time, he took a glance at their position and drew a step back. “I hope I’m not putting my weight on you?”

 

Ji Hyo swiftly swayed her head, “I’m alright.” She raised her arms again, inviting Jong Kook to come closer into her embrace but he didn’t move. She could tell how conscious he had been feeling since they began filming their first scene.

 

“Oppa,” she gently called for him. “I won’t bite. I promise,” she joked, successfully making Jong Kook chuckle.

 

He raised his brow at her and she responded with a nod, encouraging him once more. Going back to their position, Jong Kook still chose to keep his hands resting on the kitchen counter while giving her enough space to move.

 

Ji Hyo didn’t dismiss his hesitation but she also didn’t let this stop her from making him feel more at ease. Despite their professional experiences, Ji Hyo knew that Jong Kook wasn’t comfortable enough to act nor display any form of skinship for a crowd. They barely even do this when they’re out with their friends. Their affection towards one another was always private and special in the safety of their own bubble– except for the minor slips.

 

In an effort to lighten up his mood, she slipped her hands naturally around his shoulders and swung her legs playfully.

 

“I’m getting hungry, Oppa,” she blurted out of the blue, successfully causing Jong Kook to laugh. If you didn’t know Ji Hyo well enough, you wouldn’t know that this was her showing off her aegyo. Jong Kook knew this and it did not fail to make his day.

 

“Looking at those little side dishes, I want to eat again,” she uttered, staring at their props on the kitchen island.

 

Jong Kook laughed at this again, “What should we do with you? The filming is no joke right now.” As much as he wanted to sneak in some food for her to munch on, it was impossibly tough for them as the current subjects on set.

 

“This is no joke,” she pursed her lips.

 

“Isn’t it?”

 

“Can I tell you something?” She continued. “I’ve already eaten two meals.”

 

Jong Kook’s smile grew bigger, “That’s crazy.”

 

“I woke up early and ate breakfast and ate kimbap too,” she confessed.

 

“Why are you like that?”

 

“My appetite has increased recently.”

 

“I wonder why,” Jong Kook’s tone became low.

 

“Me too.”

 

“We might have a problem with that,” Jong Kook said worriedly. “You were like that last time too.”

 

“I know, it’s driving me nuts,” she swung her legs and rubbed her hands against his back, feeling the tension of his muscles.

 

“Gwenchana,” she whispered.

 

“Hmm?”

 

“You can relax, Oppa. You still seem so tense,” she gripped her hold on him a bit tighter while resting her chin on his shoulder.

 

He shuffled his stance, putting pressure on his other leg, “I’m sorry. I don’t want to give Dong Hoon the satisfaction.”

 

She giggled, “What do you think he’s planning to make us do next?”

 

“I wouldn’t know,” he sighed. “But once I get the opportunity to have a fight scene with him, I don’t think I’ll be able to hold back.”

 

Ji Hyo slapped his back, “Yah, oppa! You can’t do that. Think of poor Song Yi!”

 

Jong Kook let out a low chuckle, “Aish, I don’t think I’ve ever cursed this much in a filming set.”

 

“You’ll live,” Ji Hyo pulled back and his cheek, “Look where it got me. I get to star in a music video of Dong Hoon oppa’s food song.”

 

“No wonder you’re so hungry. You’re probably thinking of that song,” Jong Kook’s poor remark earned him an eye roll from his girlfriend.

 

“Nice try but it wasn’t funny,” she sighed then pouted, “Now, I can’t stop thinking about food again.”

 

Jong Kook grinned and lightly pinched her nose, “We’ll have lunch in no time. I just hope Seok Jin hyung does his job well.”

 

“Nado.”

 

“JOA!” Dong Hoon screamed through his megaphone. “Why are you acting all sweet when we’re not rolling?!” He complained dramatically. “Did any of you capture that?!” Throwing glances at the camera men and at Chan Hee.

 

Jong Kook’s temper hit the roof once more and before he could attack Dong Hoon, Ji Hyo laid her forehead on Jong Kook’s chest and held onto his arms, “Oppa, just let it pass.”

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________

 

“There’s a bedroom scene?” Ji Hyo made a face at Dong Hoon’s direction.

 

“What is he talking about?” Jong Kook knitted his brows together. Not only were they confused but they were struggling to finish Seok Jin’s scene.

 

After several attempts, Se Chan lost his cool and suggested cutting it all together. With Dong Hoon onboard, Seok Jin did his best to hold his smile and finally got through his death scene in one go.

 

The production team then brought out the party props for the next scene and Jong Kook overheard Dong Hoon and Ji Hyo discussing how he forgot the storyline he was plotting in his head.

 

Feeling relieved about this information, Jong Kook stretched his back against his chair.

 

“You look happier,” Se Chan noticed while he eyed his hyung on his sudden change in demeanor.

 

“Dong Hoon is ridiculous. I don’t know why he had to drag me and Ji Hyo into this,” he mumbled.

 

Se Chan laughed, “Wah, hyung. Stop being so stiff. Noona’s becoming awkward too because of you.”

 

He shook his head, “By the end of this shoot, the story’s all going to be about him. He’ll just use us as his sidelines.”

 

“PERFECT!” Dong Hoon chimed upon hearing Jong Kook’s comment. It seemed like Jong Kook wasn’t the only one who got to eavesdrop.

 

“What now?” Jong Kook’s brows met.

 

“OK, Chan Hee, shoot us!” Dong Hoon yelled in excitement, “Let’s wrap this up quick so we can shoot the couch and bed scenes! After lunch, we’ll shoot my scenes in jail!”

 

Jong Kook slapped his forehead as Ji Hyo apologetically looked at him.

 

Following their director’s exciting orders, she stood from her seat and offered her hand, “Ready?”

 

He tipped his head upwards and sighed, giving his palm to hers, “OK.”

 

Standing up from his seat, Ji Hyo tugged their interlaced hands and led them to their seats in the center.

 

“Ottoke,” Ji Hyo suddenly mumbled as she stared at the cake in front of her.

 

Jong Kook elbowed her, “Yah, control yourself. I saw you eating from Se Chan’s props earlier.”

 

She scowled at him, “I told you I was hungry.”

 

“Patience, Ji Hyo-ah. I already told our managers to ask the team to have our lunch ready,” Jong Kook responded with a grin.

 

“Oh,” Dong Hoon stopped in his tracks when he got to the table. His stars were flirting with one another yet again, just when the cameras weren’t rolling. Interrupting their banter, he said, “Hyung, we won’t shoot your love scenes yet. I know you guys are excited but since you won’t act this way during your scene— move over cause that’s my spot.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter