Paran Jangmi

Blue Rose

It's a beautiful fine day. Birds are flying up in the sky, flowers are blooming, pets are being fed by their owners, people flooding the streets - some are off to work, some are doing groceries while some are just enjoying the morning breeze. Every single soul in Seoul are up and about except for one who is still comfortably snuggled in his duvet.

This one is still up late at night playing his favorite game, Starcraft - clicking madly on his PC's mouse and keyboard - so it's a common scenario to see him still laying on his bed.

"Kyuhyun-a!" Suddenly, a knocking sound and someone calling the still sleeping man is heard but the said man didn't budge.

"Kyuhyun-a!" The knocking and calling become louder causing the sleeping to steer.

"Yah, Cho Kyuhyun, open this door!" This time, the man who's in the opposite side of the door shouts as he banged the door

Kyuhyun abruptly stand up and half-walk half-trip towards the door.

"Ah, Eunhyuk hyung, wae, you're disturbing my sleep!" He exclaimed as soon as he opened the door

/*hyung = honorific used by men to address their older brother/cousin/friend/colleague*/

/*wae = why*/

"You're up playing late again, don't you have any schedules today?" Eunhyuk asked as he narrows his eyes towards the younger

"Gosh, hyung, you wake me up and almost break my door just to ask me that!" Kyuhyun exclaimed, clutching his head

"Just answer the question, Kyu."

"Ugh, I don't have any this early, just later in the afternoon, satisfied?" Came the latter's reply and the older nods his head

"So, is that it, nothing else? If none, let me go back to my comfy bed and into dreamland." Kyuhyun didn't let the other answer as he close the door and flop his body, face first on the bed and drifting back to sleep.

-----------------------------------

Kyuhyun stepped out of their dorm. He made sure to lock the doors - electronic pad is broke so it is locked in the old fashioned way for the meantime. After making sure it is securely locked, he turned towards the stairs but before he can take a step, he saw a small black box laying on the floor opposite the door. He looked around to see if someone is around but he found no one.

He carefully approach it and there on it's lid is a blue note with his name written, in bold letters, on it. Curious, he lift the box up and opened it. Inside nestled a stem of Blue Rose. Huh, whom does this came from? He asked himself. He checked the lid again but only the note is there. He checked the inside of the box, the sides and even under but no indication of the sender. Maybe, from Eunhyuk hyung? But no, if it's from him, he should've left it inside. He immediately dismiss the thought.

Just then, he feel his phone vibrate so he took it out from his pocket. The second he saw his manager's message, he quickly unlock the dorm's door and hastily puts the box inside before deliberately locking it again. I'll deal with it later. He noted to himself as he made his way out and to the waiting van.

-------------------------------

Schedule for today is finished, at last. Kyuhyun jabbed his key into the key hole, then he twisted the knob to open the door and took back his key. He closed the door shut behind him after he went inside. He saw his hyung's shoes there but the dorm is quiet and no sign of the latter. He's fast asleep, I guess.

He sit himself on the floor so he can comfortably took off his shoes. Whilst doing so, there's something at the back of his mind saying something he needed to do but he can't remember. He looked around, trying to get a clue but to no avail. Maybe I'll remember once I take a shower to clear my mind. So he did exactly that.

After taking a shower, he still couldn't remember what he is supposed to do. He tried to entertain himself by playing his game but still, his mind keep on thinking what is it he is forgetting. Couple of hours passed by he felt tiredness claiming his mind from all those thinking so he head straight to his bed, letting his self fall onto the soft surface. He pulled the duvet on him before dozing off.

-----------------------------

The next day, Kyuhyun woke up from the feeling of needing to use the bathroom. He then went to the kitchen to fetch himself a glass of water to drink. As he drink, he roam his eyes around the kitchen. His gaze stop on a familiar looking black box on the kitchen counter. His eyes become wide as realization hit him. It is the box he saw yesterday, the one he said he'll deal later after coming back from his schedule.

But how did it got there? I remembered putting it on the floor by the door. He asked himself

"Oh, you're up!"

A voice snapped Kyuhyun out from his thoughts. He looked up and saw his Eunhyuk hyung who is carrying a plastic bag on his left arm and a black box on the other.

"Yeah, needed to relieve myself then get thirsty after."

The older nodded as he place the plastic bag on the dining table.

"Oh yeah, I saw this outside." He inform Kyuhyun as he hands him the box

Kyuhyun grabbed it and there on the lid is a note with his name on it just like the other one. He then quickly opened it and another Blue Rose is in.

"What is it?" Hyuk asked as he came close to take a look "Oh, another Blue Rose. Where did that came from?" He inquires, looking at the younger

At this, Kyu knows that his hyung is the one responsible for placing the other box on the counter and that he isn't the sender.

"I don't know." He said "There's nothing written aside from my name." He added

---------------------------------

It continued for the next days. Either of them would find the black box containing the Blue Rose outside their door. Just like the previous ones, the note on the lid only contains Kyuhyun's name in the same bold writing, not knowing who the sender is.

Kyuhyun tried to ask every person he knows - may it be inside or outside the industry - just to know who sends the roses. He even posts them in all his social accounts in an attempt to see if the sender will comment down but to his dismay, no one seems to be the sender.

-------------------------------

On the sixth day, which is before his special day, he gives up on finding whoever the roses came from. He just let himself enjoy on admiring the beautiful flowers on it's place - he provided a vase just for those and places it on the center of the coffee table. He is awed by it's unique color - instead of the common once which are red, white or yellow, it is blue-to-violet pigmentation.

The flower also become a stress reliever for him. When he came home after a long day and sees it, he feels all exhaustion leaving his body. One time when he feel frustrated, his mood lift up as he sets his eyes on it. He seeks the flower when he woke up from a nightmare too.

Whoever the sender is, he like to thank them. They are a life saver.

-----------------------------

Today, is a special day for Cho Kyuhyun. Why? Because it is the day when he is brought up to this world. He doesn't have any schedule for today aside from the Live Broadcast later at night but he still woke up early, feeling giddy. He jumped out from his bed and headed straight to the door (he didn't bother to freshen his self first, he is alone, well aside from his Eunhyuk hyung, after all) to see if another black box is by their door.

His enthusiasm disappeared when he found nothing outside right after he opened up the door. He even look around to see if the box is just misplaced but nothing is there. He went back inside, straight to his room, sadness evident on his face. He didn't answer Eunhyuk's question of "What's wrong?" on his way. He dived on his bed as soon he's in, clearly ignoring his vibrating phone and the knocking on his door.

In all the days, they chose to not send it today. Why is that? Are they just playing with me? Is this a prank? This are the words swirling in his head before sleep takes over him. 

He woke up again around at around 5 pm. He drag himself out the bed and he lazily took a shower to fully awake his self. He walked out of his room and he noticed the dorm is peaceful, he's hyung might not be home yet. He's stomach growled loud so he made himself dinner then he prepared for his live broadcast.

After some time, the staffs arrived and they set up everything that they will be needing - the cameras, the table, the background - everything. They meticulously check every single thing so the broadcast would be perfect.

At 9 in the evening, they started the live. Kyuhyun puts aside his sadness so he can put on a cheerful show.

They did a lot of things. He did challenges and played games, he called his hyungs and he interacted with his fans.

--------------------------------

Time passed by and the live come to an end. He thanked everyone for their hardwork. They all cleaned up, after that, he ordered food for them to share. When everybody are finished, he showed them to the door.

He opened the door for them, thanking them again as they go. He shut the door after the last staff walked out. He started to move away from the door when a knock is heard. He opened the door again to reveal one staff smiling at him.

"Hey, I thought you've gone home?" Kyuhyun said

"Actually, I'm still by the door when I saw this. It has your name on it so I give it to you." The staff explained as he lifts a familiar box

"Where did get that?" Kyuhyun asked, gaze shifting from the staff to the box

"By your door." The staff answered

"Thank you and be careful on your way home." Kyuhyun bade before closing the door again

He went inside and sat on the couch as he look at the box, feeling so many emotions. Without any further hesitations, he opens it. Like before, there is a stem of Blue Rose inside but when he lift the flower up, there is another item inside, a flashdrive to be exact.

With trembling hands, he plugged the flashdrive in their flatscreen. It took few seconds to load what is inside but when it did, he saw only one file, a video file. He clicked it and the video started.

In the video, there are different people from different races. They are wearing blue-adorned clothes.

"Saengil chukha hamnida, saengil chukha hamnida, saranghaneun Kyuhyunie, saengil chukha hamnida!" Everybody sang the Korean ver. of 'Happy Birthday'

As they sing, Kyuhyun is watching them with a big smile

After singing, they greeted Kyuhyun in their own languages befoe saying:

"1-2-3... Annyeonghaseyo! Urineun Elpeu-yeyo!" They greeted as they held out their hands

/*Hello! We are - ELFs!*/

"Oppa did you like our gift?" One fan asked that made Kyuhyun confused

"We chose that one because it have the same color as our fandom." Another said.

Kyuhyun now understands as he put the pieces together. The Blue Rose which is the same as their fandom color is given by none other than the ELFs.

"Yes, you're right! We are the one who sends you that." A fan confirmed

"And other than it's color, we chose it because of another reason." Another one said

"Blue Rose means mystery and attaining the impossible."

"In other words..."

"Miracle!" Everybody said in unison and their song, 'Miracle' is played in the background

"Having you is a miracle for us."

"We hope a miracle is granted upon you."

"Saranghaeyo! Annyeong!" Everbody said in unison while waving or making finger hearts

Kyuhyun is crying at the end of the video. He feel so thankful and loved. He is so very happy to have ELFs, his Everlasting Friends.

"You ARE also MY MIRACLE." He said with a smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for the lame drama, I ain't good at that but at last, I've done it! My first time of writing a 2000+ words story. Yeoreobun, please tell me your honest opinion about it, it may be negative or positive, it's all fine with me. I wanted to know if it's good and if I'm still lacking.

Vote and Comment, please

Kamsahamnida! 🖤🖤🖤