Chapter 1 ✦ I'll never forget the day we met ✦

⋆ Can't take my eyes off you ✦⋆

10 Feb. 2022

 

Breaking News: 

SM Ent. released "Elayne"'s first teaser pictures and we finally know who the members are!

As we announced last week SM released today "Elayne"'s pictures and the company shared with the public who's going to be part of their new girl group. Elayne is a 5 member girl group composed by the very well known to the public former SMROOKIE girls: Koeun, Lami, Hina and Herin. What nobody was expecting was for a foreigner to join the line up of Elayne. Y/n is the first european idol to debut under SM. Entertainment and the fans are super excited to see a big company like SM make such a bold decision, possibly making way for other foreigners to join Kpop. "Elayne"'s mv will be released on Valentine's day and we are on countdown mode for the hottest debut of the year so far. 

tyxoxo_neo commented : I'm happy that SM is debuting a foreigner but I'm worried about her fitting in :// 

yulyuli commented : I can't tell who the visual is... they all look meh kkkk

okneok22 commented : OMG YES FINALLY THE SMROOKIE GIRLS AAAAA

lala_lisa_luv commented : i'm actually excited for this asdfghjkl they look so pretty <3

wooyahnah commented : stop putting foreigners in kpop groups -_- 

kooki3 commented : me (an empath) sensing that MY''s are bitter 

Herin scuffed and closed her phone, she was laying down on the floor of the training room along with her group members. It didn't take a genious to understand how they were all feeling at the moment, when their debut was four days away and the internet was on fire with mixed opinions since the announcement of their debut all the girls shared the same state of spirit, panic. Koeun sighed, while walking in circles and bitting her nails, Lami was on the couch laying down with her hands in her stomach, she had been feeling sick for the past week because of anxiety. Hina's phone began to rang, she lifted her head from the ground and looked at the caller ID.Upon seeing it she hung up, sighed and got up stomping her feet. 

"Jaemin?" a muffled voice asked, coming from a girl also laying on the floor, she was laying face down, wearing a very oversized hoodie. Hina humed and chugged down her bottle of water. 

Koeun finally stopped and sat down on the floor signaling the girls to join her and form a circle. 

" Girl I already know what you're going to say and I-" Herin started.

" No listen. I'm not going to try and give us a motivational pep talk about how it is NOT our fault that we have an unhinged background because we thought we were never going to debut, and now that we are, instead of being excited we are all shaking in fear because we have to have very awkward interactions with people we despise." 

The girls looked at her with raised eyebrows and a look on their faces that read "You're doing it again". Koeun brushed her hair away from her face and began to play with her fingers, speaking in a low tone: 

" Y/n I'm sorry about the bad things people are writting about you... I'm sorry that as a leader there's nothing I can do, but I know you're going to amaze everyone and prove that all the things their saying are wrong. You belong here and we are a team, we are sisters and I would fight them all if I could." 

Y/n slid closer to her friend and gave her a small hug "I know you would Koko, don't worry about it. Haters is the least of my problems..." Koeun gulped and lifter her head to look at Y/n giving her a small smile. 

"I said I was not going to give you a pep talk and I'm not, what I suggest it the following." Koeun got up putting her hands in her hoodie pockets, she had dark circles around her eyes, similar to the ones in her group mates faces. " We go to the dorm, we get some delivery food, something like really greasy that will make our manager have nightmares, we chug down the hidden vodka bottle that Herin has, NOT YOU LAMI, and we...we drink the pain away."

" Can we maraton Adam Sandler movies?" Y/n asks getting up and linking arms with Koeun who nods. 

" Sounds like, a pity party. I need it immediately." Herin grabbed her things and Lami. " I was saving that vodka for a special occasion." 

" I have another idea but I fear it may be a little ilegal..." the four girls all stopped in their tracks looking back at Hina that was zipping her cardigan up. 

Herin made a intrigued face. 

" Proceed..." 

" We need plates, and a dark alley. And some sharpie too." 

" Plates? The dish?" Lami asked confused " What are we going to do with those?"

" Trust me little one."

_________

It was a chilly night in Seoul, it hadn't snown in a long time but it was raining almost everynight, like today. The girls head out from a small store with the five plates and sharpie Hina requested to buy. Upon hearing her idea while they headed to the store the girls got excited to complete the task. Having already bought the plates they started to look for a quite and hidden place in an alley nearby. 

After a few minutes of walking they climbed some stairs and reached a dark street where no cars could pass. They sat on the stairs and began to scribble with the sharpie on the plates. 

" Hina how the hell did you come up with this?" Koeun questioned shivering because of the cold " If we get caught we are done for" she looked around worried. 

" I saw this in a movie, I don't remember which one but I always wanted to try it." she said writting with trembling hands.

" Chill Koko, we're good, we just have to sprint really fast when we're done." Y/n said hugging her friend and sneaking a peak at her plate. 

After everyone wrote on their plates they turned the corned into a part of the alley that had only one street lamp on, you could see the city lights in the horizon and the silhouettes of the girls on the wet concrete of the road. 

" Who wants to go first?" Herin asks secretly hoping nobody would volunteer so she could do it. " OK I'LL GO FIRST" 

The girls cackled and told her it was okay, Herin turned her plate around and showed the words she had written on it. 

" Explain your plate before breaking it!" Hina requested in a hurry.

" Don't worry babes, uri leader has run out of motivational pep talks but I've got some words to say" she cleared . " I love you all, I know it's been hard but we're ending a chapter, and even if we feel scared because we don't know what's coming, let me say that being in this journey with you has been the best adventure of my life." 

Y/n fake sniffed and got a dirty look from Herin.

" Not even a tear?" she asked with a pout.

" Only from the cold but it might freeze."

" Ok let us get this over with..." Herin looked at her plate for a few seconds and gripped it hardly sniffing from the cold too. Small clouds of smoke came from because of the way she was breathing. " So, in my plate I wrote down some things that make me stressed and that I want to let go off from now on." 

The words "low self esteem and loving someone who doesn't love me back" could be read in her plate. Y/N placed a hand in Herin's shoulder and gave it a light squeeze. In a matter of seconds the same plate she had been holding fell to the floor breaking in tiny pieces. The other four girls gave her a round of aplause before quickly doing the same. 

" I wrote down some things I hate" Hina said quickly before showing her plate with the words " Our debut song ,Giselle, Endless Training period, Xenophobia and Na Jaemin" on it before smashing it on the floor too. 

" I wrote down my worst biggest fear at the moment, having a floppy debut and losing one of my members because of hateful comments from the public...also, our company giving up on us again...and being a bad leader." Koeun said in a slow pace reading the words she had written as if she could visualize all of those scenarios. She threw the plate with more strength than expected making the girls jump and giggle a little.

" That's a lot of accumulated anger Koeuniie." Lami followed before throwing her plate with " Having to give up my dream to become a singer" writen. " I don't ever want to feel that again... we have to do well." Her three unnies hugged her while Y/n stared at her plate. She bit her lip and threw it with all her will on the ground. 

As it fell and shatered the sound of a window being open and an old lady screaming was heard.

" WHO'S OUT THERE? I WILL CALL THE POLICE!" 

" .." Herin cursed starting to run grabbing Lami by the arm. The other girls followed her and ran as fast as they could terrified about getting caught and having their first scandal three days before their debut. They reached a busy street and stopped at a bus stop with their hands on their knees gasping for air. Lami began laughing and hitting Koeun in the arms expressing her satisfaction.

" We have to do that every month it was so freeing!" she said while twirling around with her arms in the air.

Koeun half sat half fell into the seat of the stop looking defeated.

" I think this was enough adrenaline for me."

" What did you write Y/n?" Hina asked Y/n putting an arm around her shoulders. She gulped a little but your mouth was still dry from all the running and cold air that you had been breathing. 

" I wrote down a date... February 14." the group mates looked at her waiting for more information. " February 14th 2020... the day I met him." 

Koeun got a apologetic look on her face and gave Y/n a small smile before getting up and patting her head. 

" Our debut date really doesn't it?" Hina added before signaling to the bus for it to stop. 

When the manager and the president announced their debut date Y/n heart fell to her feet and she could feel her stomach in , she couldn't believe it. It must have been a cursed that someone put on Y/n because the 14th of February always ended up on becoming a day that became special to her somehow. Her mind started to race with flashbacks from that meeting and from THE other 14th of February. A voice called Y/n's name and woke her up from her daydreaming transe, Hina hurried Y/n  to get into the bus. 

____________

When they got home Hina and Lami ran to the bathroom fighting about who would shower first. Koeun placed their orders for delivery food and began to set a small pillow fort in the floor of the living room with the help of Y/N. The night passed with them in their cozy pajamas, eating fries and burgers from their favourite fast food chain while watching "Grown Ups". Hina always had the best ideas for activities and dared them to play a drinking game of jenga which left them very drunk after downing Herin's hidden vodka bottle because of the game. The group of friends layed on top of the blankets and pillows that Koeun and Y/n had put together, laughing out loud because of their drunken state and because of the dumb movie playing on TV. They didn't realize how late it had gotten until they heard several knocks on the door. 

Startled from the noise they all covered their mouths and looked at the door as if they could look throught it laser vision.

"Who could it be?" Koeun asked with squinted eyes. 

Y/n got up and walked in zig zags until she reached the intercom, pushing the bottom making the camera turn on and show the figure of a person on the screen. 

She made a big O face and looked at her friends in slow motion before covering to not laugh out loud.

" WHO IS IT?" Hina screamed making Herin push a pillow in Hina's face to shut her up while making a shush sound.

Y/n opened the door trying to act composed.

A tall and slender men stood before her with a serious look in his face. When he saw the state she was in he started to shake his head.

" Howwwww may I help you Johnny Suh Sir?" Y/n said trying to look sober. 

" Do you guys know how late it is? You're making so much noise... Everyone is pissed and they made me come down because I'm the only one who doesn't have beef with you guys. Funny enough I was sleeping ok because I have my noise cancelling thingies one you know but NO they woke me up on purpose because you were being loud and nobody upstairs has the balls to come down here and tell you to zip it." 

Herin appeared beside you at the door frame and gave him a nod as a way to greet the boy. 

" So. They made you come downstairs because they are little es?" she said while downing a vodka shot followed by a bite in a french fry she had in her other hand. 

Johnny rolled his eyes and entered your apartment. 

" You guys have food? The least you can do is share since I got woken up because of you" he said while joining the rest of the girls on the floor and bitting some onion rings. " So debut is in 72 hours, I'd ask how you're feeling but this speaks for itself." he pointed at Lami now knocked out sleeping in a weird position with a fry hanging from the corner of . 

Herin and Y/n had closed the door and gotten a cup for Johhny. 

" Vodka soda my friend?" Herin offered.

" It's...4 a.m..." Johnny said while looking at her with a serious look on his face.

" If you're boring just say that." Y/n added.

He grabbed the cup and downed it in a second. 

" I'm your only friend, treat me nicely."

" Yes Johnny" you guys sang in unisone. 

Johnny spent the remaining hour eating and watching the rest of the movie with you guys before falling asleep on the couch. Y/n was the only one still up when Johnny's phone began to rang, without looking at the ID caller she picked it up.

" Johnny's phone this is Y/n speaking."

The person on the other line remained silent for a moment but Y/n could hear them breath.

" Hello?" she asked before realising she could just look at the ID to see who she was talking with, but before she could a familiar voice spoke in a soft voice.

" You're debuting on my birthday..."

She could feel her heart skeaping a beat when she heard his voice. went dry and now she was the one unable to find the words to speak. For some reason none of them talked, they stayed on line in silence for what felt like an eternity. 

" Your birthday..." Y/n finally managed to say with a crack in her voice. 

Almost like in a hurried way the person on the other side of the line answered 

" I'll never forget the day we met. It was on my birthday, last year... I couldn't take my eyes off you."

Tears began to fill Y/n's eyes and she gripped Johnny's phone while biting her lip trying not to start crying. 

" I mis-"

" Goodbye Jaehyun."

Y/n hung up, taking a deep breath and hugging her knees not realising Johnny had woken up and heard the last part of the call. He came down from the couch and put an arm around her, giving a comforting hug while she sobbed. She promised herself she would never look back, that she would not miss him or crave for his presence, but hearing his voice was enough of a trigger for her to want to get up, run to the 11th floor into his arms. But she couldn't, he didn't deserve her love. It was almost a year ago but she could remember like it was yesterday when her eyes first landed on him and his dimpled smile made her heart melt. And it was all because of another heartbreaker named Mark Lee. 

___________________________

⋆ this is it for this chapter <3 backstory on the next one my loves , this is so long but I got carried away and I can't wait to post more please let me know what you think and if I can make any improvements, btw I will try to post one chapter a day but I make no promises because I might get writers block asdfghjklç ⋆