Williamsburg

5 Stages On A Journal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Karina's POV

 

 

6:00 pm

 

 

"Gi I have seen it coming and besides we are both expecting it. I'm fine stop worrying."

 

 

"Rina please understand, we just don't want you having another relapse again. We know how ugly it can get for you."

 

 

"I'm not having problems with my disorder, and I feel better now. I have stopped picturing things and I can instantly shut all my worries off."

 

 

"Are you sure?"

 

 

"Yeah I am doing great and I don't skip my doses, believe me I can manage it."

 

 

"Did you ever tell Winter about it, that you are medicating? You keep delaying it."

 

 

"Uhm with that I can explain. I was about to tell her the day before we leave but I failed to do so."

 

 

"Oh my god I've told you so many times that you should let her know everything, it's so unfair that until now she has no idea what really happened to you three years ago."

 

 

"I'm sorry"

 

 

"Now the two of you are in this position again and you are hurting yourselves. Why do you guys always choose take the complicated route?"

 

 

"It's hard to explain, because we're the only ones who can understand. I will tell Winter, I am planning to. I just hope that eventually our paths will cross again."

 

 

"It's too late, it's over Rina and I know that you are hurting. You are pretending that it's fine even if it's not. That's Winter, we're talking about your snail puppy and your ing favorite person. This is the one you gave your everything to and now she just left you without saying a word."

 

 

"I know but this is what she wants and it's time for me to let her go. She needs to start her career Gi, time is running and she can't waste it anymore."

 

 

"I just find it odd that you are not infuriated by this when it's Winter, knowing you, you could've been using all your family's connections by now just to find her."

 

 

"We have been preparing for this day, even two years ago we already know how it's going to end, we're actually lucky that we came up with a mutual decision. It's fine. She wanted to leave and I am not going to stop her. We are doing this because we love each other so much."

 

 

"I'm sorry but this is so not you Rina. What's your plan are you gonna stay here in the condo or you are going home to Alabang? I think it's best if you stay with your family."

 

 

"Yeah I'm going home, I'll be staying there for a month and then after that I will be leaving."

 

 

"Oh how can I forget about you going back to your normal life. Does your family know that she left you?"

 

 

"They know that we're gonna take a break, same with tita and ate Taeyeon we told them about our plan."

 

 

"Tangina, Winter is so gago like I cannot believe her. How can she do this to you? Why would she ditch you like that? Now that she has recovered iiwan ka niya ng ganun nalang, like no goodbyes at all? Ang kapal naman ng muka niya!"

 

 

"Hey Gi, don't be so harsh on Winter please. Napag usapan na namin to, we are bound to do this, it just happened that she left earlier."

 

 

"I'm sorry but I don't understand like how can you be so relaxed about this? Bakit okay lang sayo na ganito yung ginawa niya? I mean fine, you are going to take a break pero why is it okay for you to be ghosted like this? after all your sacrifices for her, this is how she will repay you?! Rina you do not deserve this."

 

 

"It's complicated. But I beg you to not hate on Winter please, it was my fault kung bakit kami umabot sa ganito. This is our decision and I am asking you to respect it."

 

 

"And that girl Anna, what's the deal with her? did they elope?! What did I miss, did she brainwash the hell out of Winter? Oh I'm gonna ing kill her, at first she was okay, I even like her, but honestly these past months she has become so shady."

 

 

"Hey Giselle calm down please, we don't have the right to accuse Chaewon. We don't even know where she is or kung kasama ba niya talaga si Winter. Wag mo siya idamay dito, she's just there for her or maybe she's carrying out what she promised her."

 

 

"Do you hear yourself Karina, why are you defending her or baka pati ikaw nabrainwash ka din niya? How come a girl that you've only known for less than three years was able to manipulate the two of you? I find it weird that you let Winter hang out with her. I don't trust her, I bet she's the one who put these ideas into her head. Utouto pa naman si Winter."

 

 

"Hey Snug! mag ingat ka naman sa mga sinasabi mo. You're not helping Rina you are stressing her out, you are starting to become toxic, it won't help her."

 

 

"Wow, and now I'm being toxic?! I'm sorry but I really can't believe that my best friend got ghosted."

 

 

"Snug please calm dow I'm sure Winter didn't intend to do this. May mga dahilan din yun baka hindi niya lang nasabi."

 

 

"Whatever you wanna say but you cannot convince me that Chaewon has nothing to do with this. She manipulated Winter, didn't you notice Rina, it's like she's controlling her these past few months. I even asked you why you are allowing it."

 

 

"Gi you are overreacting, please stop it. Don't make it complicated, ang dami ko na masyado iniisip ngayon and it's not good."

 

 

"I am not making it complicated Rina, I am just protecting you."

 

 

"I know, but you have to calm down and stop assuming. Wag ka na magalit kay Winter. It's not her fault, it's a mutual decision."

 

 

 

 

When I arrived at the condo this morning, I just thought that Winter went out to get some groceries or she went out biking with Ennik and Ryujin. I was being a little keyed up because I didn't receive a message from her last night and when I was trying to contact her for hours I didn't get a single reply. I was on the brink of tears running through the rooms of our condo, wondering where she might be or what might have happened to her.

 

I only stopped being distraught when I found our photo laying on the console table. That's when I realized that it is already happening, she has decided to leave and the time has come for us to part ways. I could feel my heart breaking when I was reading the note. I am sad and deeply hurt that my Winter is gone, but I am also relieved knowing that she is safe and she finally chose herself.

 

 

 

 

"Rina, Rina? Hey." I woke up from my trance when I felt someone lightly tapping my shoulder. I didn't realize that I was zoning out and Ning was trying to call my attention "Yes?"

 

 

"I want to apologize for what happened, I know that Winter didn't mean to do this or she might have her reasons. Rina I swear kahit kami hindi namin alam kung saan siya pumunta. I'm sorry, I really hope you'll be okay. We are here for you, tawagan mo lang kami ni Snug even sila Yeji, they already know what happened."

 

 

"Thank you so much Ning."

 

 

"Squish I'm sorry. You know how much I like Winter pero naiinis ako dito sa ginawa niya,. Why can't she be a normal person, gano ba kahirap gawin yun? Dapat sumunod siya sa agreement nila ni Rina but no, she chose to be a coward and just simply escaped so she could save her . What a ing dumb move, sumama pa siya kay Chaewon,when she doesn't even know who she is. Does she know her background. Hindi nga niya alam that Chaewon and Anna is the same person. When we tell her she always thinks it's a joke."

 

 

"Giselle please! Alam mo naman yung mga pinagdaanan ni Winter because of me, don't blame her na. Stop it, it's not her fault and I know that she didn't want to hurt me. Maybe this is the only way para kayanin niya, she also mentioned this before. She was honest about it, hindi niya daw ako kaya makita on the exact day we decide to leave."

 

 

"I don't know. What else can I say? You have to take care of yourself Karina. Do you have any idea where she might be?"

 

 

"None. I don't have a clue because it's part of the plan. We are not going to tell each other our whereabouts and we have decided to lose contact after we split up."

 

 

"Oh gosh, so what will happen now, you're just gonna move on from your relationship and forget each other? You were doing great before she left, isn't it too cruel, how are you gonna handle it?" 

 

 

"Yes I admit it is too painful that she's gone. We dont know what the future holds, either she will change or I will change but I am hoping for the best for both of us. Who knows, we might get back together again in the future, but for now I'm okay with this. We made the right decision."

 

 

"I hope it gets better from here on. Wait but why is it that even Ning and Ryujin don't know where she is. She just told them that she is leaving, they were also surprised that she's gone."

 

 

"No idea. It's her choice and we should accept it. I just hope that she is happy wherever she is."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

8:00am At The Bellslip New York

 

 

*knock* *knock* *knock*

 

*knock* *knock* *knock*

 

 

"Winter, hey. Winter stop crying! Baka magka colds ka na."

 

 

"I am not crying, shut up! stop banging on the door!"

 

 

"The breakfast is ready! Come out now. Halika na kain ka na."

 

 

Kanina pa ako gising at nakatulala dito sa guest room, I really can't believe that this is happening to me, wala na si Karina at iniwan ko na siya mag isa.

 

 

*knock* *knock* *knock*

 

*knock* *knock* *knock*

 

 

"I'm coming wait lang, mag wwash up lang ako!! Katok ka naman ng katok!"

 

 

"Can I come in?!" 

 

 

"Sure, it's open!" Tumayo na ako sa kama when I saw her peek through the door. Kinuha ko na din yung pamalit kong damit dahil ngayon araw ako lilipat sa apartment ko. "Grabe your eyes are swollen stop crying na kasi."

 

 

"Pano ako hindi iiyak, iniwan ko ng wala sa oras si Karina!"

 

 

"I know that you are mad and upset. Pero dapat inexpect mo na to."

 

 

"Anong expect eh bigla tayong umalis!"

 

 

"I'm sorry, I can explain it. Tumayo ka na dyan, the breakfast is ready."

 

 

"Oo na, can I use the toiletries there in the bathroom? Ayaw ko na kasi buksan yung mga gamit ko eh nasa ilalim pa yung pouch, tsaka aalis din naman tayo kagad." bumangon na ako at tinignan yung phone ko. Yung mga last messages ni Karina nung isang araw pa. Hindi na din niya ako cncontact.

 

 

"Nakatulala ka nanaman, hurry up."

 

 

"Oo na, pahiram ako ng toiletries." sa sobrang wala akong gana kumilos pati yung suot ko ngayon na pajamas hiniram ko lang sakanya.

 

 

"Sure, check the bathroom beside this room. It has complete toiletries in there or you can go to the master's bedroom if you want to use the bath tub."

 

 

"Is this your place ba talaga Chaewon? Grabe this is a freakin high-end condominium. Magkano yung rent mo dito?"

 

 

"I don't rent, it's mine, it's one of my assets I bought it."

 

 

"Lagi mo talaga akong pinagttripan sa mga sagot mo. Ano nga magkano yung rent? Tsaka sabi mo sa Brooklyn ka nakatira, hindi ko naman inexpect na sa Greenpoint pala. Sino ka ba talaga ha, drug trafficker ka ba? gumagawa ka ba ng illegal? I think there's something's fishy about you. Sobrang questionable yung lifestyle mo eh."

 

 

"Winter shut up, don't make it weird."

 

 

"Totoo naman eh, you live in this neighborhood tapos dito pa talaga sa condo na to. Yung mga gamit mo dito, tangina pati mga toiletries mo akala mo hindi ko napansin, puro Asprey tsaka Le Labo. Ano ka ba talaga? Drug lord ka ba or mule?"

 

 

"What the hell? Stop degrading me you idiot, ang sakit ng sinasabi mo ha kagabi ka pa."

 

 

"Sino ka nga, oh my god don't tell me may sugar daddy ka? yuck kadiri ka naman Chaewon, baka may pamilya yun."

 

 

"Tangina can you stop it?"

 

 

"Sabihin mo na kasi! Umamin ka na hindi naman mag iiba yung tingin ko sayo. Nagulat ako na ang ganda ng condo mo eh, and we are in New York, malamang ginto yung monthly rent dito."

 

 

"I'm a dj and I produce music. That's it. Ang tagal ko ng sinasabi sayo kung sino ako, I even mentioned it yesterday nung nasa plane tayo pero hindi ka nanaman naniwala. You always think I'm joking."

 

 

"That's not convincing enough. Tsaka pwede ba wag mo akong lokohin you even came up with a pseudonym. Ano yung sinabi mo, yung ikaw si Anna something? edi sana nabanggit na sakin ni Karina yan."

 

 

"Ewan ko sayo, bahala ka. That's what you get because you don't pay attention to what we tell you."

 

 

"Malamang kamuka mo lang yun dba model yun or celeb ba? tapos cnclaim mo na ikaw siya. Baka nga ginagamit mo lang yan para makakuha ka ng sugar daddy."

 

 

"Ang gago mo ha isa nalang. Winter have you noticed, nung pagsakay palang natin sa car kagabi you kept asking about rent, mortgage, my background and other stuff. Actually kahit nung nasa plane palang tayo, why are you so bothered by that, natatakot ka ba, are you thinking that I kidnapped you? Kung hindi ka naniniwala sakin it's up to you. This is my place and this is where I live, I told you about this so many times alam din ni Karina to. Napagusapan namin to because she was living here before."

 

 

"Pinaalala mo nanaman siya. Ayaw mo pa sumagot ng maayos eh sino ka ba kasi talaga? and did you just say bothered by that? Don't single it out because sobrang bothered ako sa lahat! Madami akong itatanong sayo kaya maghanda ka na! Para akong na-hypnotize nakatambay lang ako sa condo nila Ry nung isang araw tapos ngayon nasa New York na ko? Sagutin mo lahat ng tanong ko mamaya. Iisa isahin ko talaga lahat yan."

 

 

"Alright, I promise that I will try my best to answer everything. Follow me to the dining when you finish, let's eat breakfast. You need energy, grabe you were crying for almost eighteen hours pinagtitinginan ka na ng other passengers, I'm sure na-dehydrate ka na."

 

 

"Tangina inorasan mo pa talaga yun? Ganun talaga, wala akong pake kahit tignan nila ako! Sobrang nammiss ko na si Karina, gusto ko na siyang yakapin. Wala manlang akong idea kung kamusta ba siya, kung anong iniisip niya or kung nalulungkot ba siya. Ano na kaya ginagawa niya ngayon. Baka hindi na nakakakain ng maayos yung baby ko, hindi ka ba niya tinawagan or chat?"

 

 

"Oh god Winter now I totally get it. Why would she call me of all people? Hindi niya iisipin na ako yung kasama mo."

 

 

"Are you ing serious?! Or you're kidding. Anong hindi? maiisip niya yun dahil ikaw lang naman madalas kong kasama kapag wala ako sa condo namin. Ikaw yung lagi kong sinasamahan for more than a year, I'm sure alam na ni Rina na nawala ka na din. She knows that you promise me something. My giant baby is really smart kaya malamang alam na niya na idea mo to. Hindi nga lang niya alam yung mismong details pero sigurado ako gets na niya yung nangyayari."

 

 

"Well the police are not after me pa naman so I guess it's fine with Karina and don't blame me, ito yung usapan natin dba?"

 

 

"Anong usapan pinagsasabi mo, eh nag iba ka bigla ng plano and hindi mo manlang ako binigyan ng oras para mag prepare. Hindi ko nga na-ready yung sarili ko hindi manlang ako nakapag goodbye ng maayos sakanya. Alam mo sobrang dami kong naiisip ngayon tsaka hindi talaga ako makapaniwala na nangyayari na to. I have to get my together. You are so ing annoying Chaewon it's like you lured me into this mess."

 

 

"Oh that's a big word Winter, ang kapal mo naman. I am just helping you out, you asked for this you told me na hindi mo kakayanin kapag aalis na kayong dalawa ni Karina dun sa condo niyo."

 

 

"Yeah right whatever, I ing hate you so much right now, like I don't even want to look at you."

 

 

"Really you hate me? Can you stop it now. Dalian mo na nga dyan, take a shower na and I'll wait for you at the dining, naka ready na din yung food mo."

 

 

"Can you stop treating me like a kid? you keep on bossing me around and it's annoying!"

 

 

"Then you should stop acting like a kid. Pangatawanan mo to, pasalamat ka nga I am here for you and I am helping you."

 

 

"Whatever, get lost Chaewon!"

 

 

"Okay I will pero sumunod ka kagad sa dining. Maligo ka na!"

 

 

"Shut up!"

 

 

 

 

When I got off the shower nagbihis na kagad ako at inayos ko na yung mga gamit ko. Late na kami dumating from the airport yesterday kaya dito muna ako nakitulog sa place ni Chaewon. Sa totoo lang galit ako sakanya dahil sobrang urgent at unexpected yung alis namin. Yung totoong plano namin ni Karina, aalis sana kami ng sabay sa condo this coming Sunday and then after that hindi na kami magkikita tsaka maguusap. I was supposed to fly on Tuesday and she has no idea about it. Ewan ko ba kun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter