seven.

euh 2.0 [discountined] READ LAST UPDATE!
Please log in to read the full chapter

Serena jerked awake upon hearing her phone going off. Her left hand automatically searched above her head for her mobile device. She brought it towards her face and saw that the caller was her friend and schoolmate, Mind. She checked the time, a few minutes before noon.

"Hello?"

Serena placed the phone against her ear as she lied on her side still feeling unwell.

"Where are you?"

Came Mind's question as Serena slowly responded.

"At home. Not feeling well. What's up?"

Silence. Serena gave her friend some time to reply despite feeling a bit groggy still.

"Hecheatedonme."

Despite Mind's quick mumbling and her own well-being at the moment, Serena still got the gist of what she meant and knew it was about her boyfriend, Jihoo. Although Serena and the other three have never actually met Jihoo and seen a few pictures, but they heard a lot of stories about the pair's relationship.

"Jihoo has been cheating on me for a less than half a year."

Serena stayed quiet, allowing Mind to just talk. Even though Serena wanted to get mad at how Jihoo could have done her friend like that.

"I had the feeling, but actual proof came right before my eyes today."

Mind sigh heavily.

"I don't know if you know of her or whatever, but her name is Kim Seyoung and she's from the Department of Performing Arts."

Mind scoffed as Serena continued listening although found the name quite familiar yet Mind had a lot of friends and knew a lot of people, too.

"Seyoung's suppose to be a friend of mine, but friends don't do this to each other, especially with their friend's boyfriend."

Mind controlled her breathing before speaking again.

"Jihoo and I were supposed to meet after our morning classes for an early lunch. When I get to the cafeteria, I see my boyfriend with my good friend. So, I confronted them after witnessing the pair acting all lovey-dovey. Like, seriously? Just like that? I mean, others have seen him and I together, but none of them said anything to me, knowing that Seyoung's a friend of mine, too. Does my feelings not matter?"

A bitter laugh left Mind's lips.

"I broke up with him without making too much of a scene.I blocked the both of them and deleted anything related to them, too. I'm so done with Kang Jihoo and it's over between us. I'm done with Kim Seyoung, too. Just wanted to let you and the other three know. I'm such a fool."

Serena waited a few more seconds before responding.

"You're not a fool, Mind. A fool in love, yes, but not a fool for finding out that your significant other turned out to be a cheater. You do matter and you handled it the best you could. So, forget him and her, and focus on you." Serena assured her friend, letting her know that she did matter.

"Besides, do you wanna do karaoke? Or grab a different lunch. Maybe go to an arcade? Whatever you wanna do with the others in a bit?"

Mind laughed on the other end of the phone.

"Yeah, that sounds way better than me quietly crying in the school's bathroon stall. I messaged y'all, but remembered the other three were still in class as I didn't see you this morning."

"Yeah, I know, but okay. I'll get ready and meet you wherever you choose. I'm sure the other three don't mind ditching for the rest of today."

Melanie left mid-session of her second morning class, having read the material already. When she exited the classroom, she suddenly bumped into someone.

"I'm so sorry." She apologized before making eye-contact with the person.

"Jake?"

"Oh, hey." He greeted her in his usual friendly manner.

"It's all good, Chaewon. I wasn't paying attention either."

Melanie still flashed him an apologetic smile while the words of her cousin from this morning invaded her mind. She shook those thoughts away.

"So where are you off to in a hurry?"

"Um, a friend needs cheering up."

"Oh, I see. Hope all is alright with them."

"Me, too, but yeah, sorry about earlier. Anyways, I need to get going. See you on Wednesday though! Bye!"

Melanie swiftly her heels and ran off with Jake staring after with a bemused expression as a ghost of a smile graced his lips moment later. He caught sight of a familiar looking green-eyed brown bear plush keychain swinging around Melanie's backpack. He didn't have time to ponder on it when he remembered he needed to get to his next class.

"Where is she?"

Linna swiftly looked around her surroundings with other students scattered about on campus, waiting for Melanie to show up just outside her own classroom she had ditched midway. Kierra went on ahead with Mind ten minutes ago to meet up with Serena, also having ditched her class halfway. Linna checked her phone to see if she had missed her cousin's call or message. Nothing.

"Are you waiting for someone?"

"Yes."

Linna went to cast the person with an aloof smile in hopes that he would leave her alone while placing her phone back into her pockets, but realized it was Sunghoon..

"Uh, hi." She greeted the male with a calm demeanor.

Linna was totally freaking on the inside though. A soft smile graced his features.

"Hi, to you, too."

"Um, aren't you supposed to be in class?"

Sunghoon shot her a small smile as he glanced around their surrounding before focusing his eyes onto her again.

"I'm on my way, but aren't you supposed to already be in class, too?"

Linna had no idea how he knew that. For her, she knew Sunghoon had another class as she ran late for her second Monday and Wednesday morning class the other day and had spotted Sunghoon entering a classroom a few doors from her own.

"Um, yeah, but something came up."

Linna averted her gaze and slighty shifted her body away from him while still keeping a lookout on Melanie. Sunghoon happened to glance down and noticed a very familiar green-eyed yellow bear plushie hanging from her backpack. An amused smile graced his lips. Just as he was about to comment on the kechain, the pair's attention went to another schoolmate of theirs, Ahra, but more like of Sunghoon's than Linna's.

"Sunghoon!" Ahra called from behind the pair.

Sunghoon's attention went towards the other female as Linna took this moment to scan for her cousin and spotted her in the opposite direction.

"Okay, well, bye."

She flashed Sunghoon a smile and small wave before darting to the other side of them in Melanie's direction.

"Hey, Sunghoon, let's get to class!"

Sunghoon reluctantly headed to his next class, but not before casting another look in Linna's direction. Linna grabbed Melanie's arm and pulled her cousin towards the school's gates with urgency.

"Let's go, let's go, let's go!"

Melanie chuckled at her cousin's antic, but didn't bother to question her.

"I just had to go and listen to my other friends who said he was my type and wouldn't do me wrong. Ha."

Mind scoffed with a sarcastic laugh as the quintet were having lunch.

"Turns out that one of those friends was seeing him behind my back."

Linna made a face.

"Ugh. That's just bad vibes."

Melanie recalled something.

"Wait a minute."

She looked at Mind, curiously.

"Isn't she and a few others of your friends were the one that told you that you couldn't date Hanbin as the dance team were off limits?"

"Mmhmm."

"Hold up."

Now Kierra glanced at Mind, confused.

"Hanbin actually likes you though. So they enouraged you to break it off with Hanbin and date Jihoo instead. Yet when you did, one of those same friends ended up hooking up with Jihoo behind your back. Like, what? Why?"

The other four were just as lost as to how the whole thing turned out.

"Seriously, you need to drop those friends." Serena reasoned with a shake of her head.

"There's no way that's healthy."

Linna nodded.

"Yeah, I agree. I do feel bad for Hanbin because I still think he likes you, Mind. I heard he rejected a lot of people after you two stopped dating."

Mind sighed with a sadden expression.

"I do, too, Linna, but I just don't know. How could he like me when I started dating Jihoo like less than a month later?" She reasoned.

"I got pressured to date Jihoo, but I still made that choice. What if something happens if he and I start up again?"

"Then let it." The quartet chorused, encouragingly.

Melanie cast Mind with a comforting smile.

"Look, in the end you still have us, it's still your choice in the end. Not ours or them, but yours."

"Yeah, I know. Thanks."

"You're welcome."

Just then Mind's overall demeanor shifted and she felt like a burden have been lifted from her shoulders.

"I think I'm ready to just play today without worries."

"Good." Serena piped up with a giddy smile, feeling better than earlier.

"Let's check out those places we discussed earlier."

The group of five left the restaurant and went around the area. First they spent an hour shooting arrows at the Arrow Factory Archery Cafe. This proved beneficial for Mind as she took out her frustration and anger at the bull's eye target while imaging the faces of her ex-boyfriend and ex-friend. Next they found a few photo booths managed by Photo Gray, and took several poses with different filters and colors. Mind kept a majority of the photo strips. Lastly, they visited Zzang Games to play their crane machines. Prizes were hard to win, but they managed to snag a few, and quite a bit of money was spent, but all in all, what mattered the most to the cousins was that their friend was cheered up and supported.

Serena slipped a yellow letter into Hanbin's locker in the dance team's break room a little over a week later. Just like with Linna, she ended up being the delivery person for Mind. Serena had no idea how it occured, but what's done is done and here she was. Unlike last time, Serena went early in the morning before classes actually started and not in the late afternoon.

"Are you leaving the letter for another friend of yours this time?"

Startled by the words of an amused voice, the back of Serena's fist hit the person in the chest out of refelx. Not expecting to get hit, the person backed off with a grunt as Serena's attention went on to them and recognized the person to be Heeseung. She really needed to time this whole thing better and wondered why she even got caught in the act by him again. Still, Serena wondered why Heeseung was here alone and so early.

"Uh, sorry. Reflex."

Serena did not feel sorry whatsoever, but her demeanor remained calm. Heeseung felt like it was deja vu, but recalled a similiar incident back at Lotte World. He rubbed at his chest as Serena eyed him, sheepishly.

"Are you okay?"

Heeseung collected himself with slow nods before giving her a half-smile.

"Yeah, I'm fine, but don't apologize. I was the one that startled you."

Serena remembered his question from earlier and decided to answer him.

"Um, about the letter, yes. It's for another friend."

She cast him with a playful look once Heeseung seemed to be fine.

"Are you gonna tell me that Hanbin's not interested, too?"

A slow smile graced his features before a chuckle left his lips as he shrugged.

"That, I can't say for sure unless you tell me who your friend is first."

Serena's expression shifted back to being indifferent.

"Nah, I'm not gonna do that until Hanbin reads the letter himself and can decide what he wants to o."

She flashed him an indifferent smile.

"Anyways, bye!"

Serena her heels and rushed out of the room and building with Heeseung following her after gathering his things.

"Hey, wait."

"No."

Heeseung reached her in no time and matched Serena's pace once out in the open. Serena briskly walked while Heeseung seemed to look like was taking a casual stroll. Serena didn't want to run so early in the morning and figured to stay quiet i

Please log in to read the full chapter