IDK You Yet

IDK You Yet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For months she’d been crying to herself to sleep every night and every night, she dreamed of him. She knew how the heavy feeling that she carried on her chest would simply lift whenever she saw his face. Sometimes, he’d sing to her until she could wake up on her own or they’d talk for the rest of her dream. There’s an unspoken rule between them, they’ve never told their names to each other but have already told different kinds of stories about themselves.

 

She knows that his eyes are dark but shines brighter when he smiles and laughs. He hates chocolate but always still drinks the hot chocolate that his mother makes because it reminds him of his childhood. He prefers drinking cold coffee with a straw than drinking hot coffee with the steam still present.

 

He’s big and warm like a teddy bear, his presence might come off as intimidating to others, since his build was large and as the story he had shared, he practically lived in a gym. She took refuge in his arms when she knew it was a specifically hard day. No words needed, he’d open his arms wide and let me find the peace that she desperately needed.

 

They’ve formed a bond with each other despite knowing that someday, he’d leave her and never come back. At least for now, he still continues to come to her dreams every night and she decided to cherish it while it lasts. They tell each other that they have this damaged yet unbreakable connection that they cannot escape from.

 

But one day, everything just stops. The heavy feeling that resided on her chest for the better part of the year left and so did he in her dreams. Rather than expecting to be back inside of her cave, she tried to be more forward towards the world. The least she can do is to honor the help that he gave her and lived like he had always told her.

 

“Happiness is found inside,” he said. “You can wake up every day and live the life you want, it’s your choice, but never do it with regrets.”

“Are you leaving?” she asked him, “So soon?” she teased in a joking manner to hide the upcoming sadness that she’s feeling.

 

He wrapped his arm over her shoulder, “I can always count on you,” he answered. “You’ll be fine.”

She relishes in the warmth that he offered, “I never ask for help because I'm not sure I know how.” she said, “I feel like I'm always falling apart.”

 

“It's alright to feel broken every once and a while.” Feeling a feather light kiss on my forehead, she knew it was his own way of comforting her. “And it's alright to take time to heal.”

She misses him. The subtle smile that he does when she says something that shows her naivety, the little mole on his neck, and the tone of his voice. His eyes that squinted, almost hid his eyes, when he laughed too hard.

 

But how can she miss someone she’s never met?

 

 

 

Live life to fullest was his motto but also the reason why he got into that situation. As far as he knows, he can’t either talk or even wake himself up. He sees himself laying in a hospital bed stuck with a tube in his mouth to breathe and no way of communicating with others. He stays where he is, he sees the people visiting him, and the people that cared for him.

 

Roaming outside the hospital wasn’t an option that popped in his mind and he didn’t know why but it didn’t feel right until it was. He walks around, still mindful of the way he walks even though people couldn’t bump into him.

 

He sees her. He overheard the nurses that helped revive her and pumped her back to life. She had tried to take her own life, again, one nurse had said. How can someone look so pure but also have sunken, clouded eyes? He tried talking to her, as much as stupid as it sounds, he tried numerous times.

 

But she always looked straight at something, unable to read her facial expression and her thoughts made him wonder. He managed to slip into her dreams for the first time, they were both still at the hospital, there’s no harm in making friends

 

In her dreams, she was still as blank as she could get. His presence was quick for her to notice but she didn’t say anything and neither did he. In her dreams, she was on a balcony with the sunset in front of her. For the first time they’ve seen each other, they only stared at the sunset that never seemed to go down until how many have passed since they sat down.

 

The sun remained at its golden color, he took a glance at her and saw the light basking down on her face for him to see such an angelic sight. She smiled at him before he saw her eyes drooping and he felt being brought back to the hospital once again.

 

Knowing what he can do, he’d like to do it again until he wasn’t allowed to. There was something in the eyes of the woman and her soft yet sad smile that he’d like to know about. If this is the only way he can communicate with others, especially her, he’d gladly do it again and again.

 

For the first few times that they’ve met in each of her dreams, they’d wordlessly stare at the sunset, enjoying the solace that they found in each other. Until he hummed a song that he didn't know but felt right to sing, she looked at him in surprise but showed him a different kind of smile. After that, he kept on doing the same thing just to see that smile again because for him, it was her sign of slowly opening up to him. He waited until she was ready to talk on her own.

 

“All I wanted was a happy ending.” she spoke after a number of nights that they’ve shared.

 

He turned to her and gave her his full attention, it was the first time she had spoken a word to him and he was happy that she finally did. “I wish I was brave enough,” she said, “To take on the world and conquer, or whatever ty quote there is.” she added, “Are you?”

 

“Am I brave?” he took a while to answer. “I’d like to think that I am.” he went with that answer after deciding, “Sometimes, you just have to take on the c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter