Wold Chan's Room (feat Innie and a Story)

Skzoo Crossing: New Horzions

“Hello everyone,” Wolf Chan spoke directly into the camera that was facing him, once he was positive that the feed was working and streaming live as it was meant to do. There had been a number of times where the stream wouldn’t work and either he’d end up talking to himself for an hour or so or else send out a five second video.

Which did result in some interest comments and content from his followers, though still how he got followers was a mystery. He was a bit self conscious at times and when he had started it had been nothing more than just a way to keep his family and friends up to date with how Island Life was going. Till Bambam sneakily shred the link to an group chat that they were a part of and things just kind of escalated from that point onwards.

Of course, these days with a precious five year old to look after, Wolf Chan did not do as regular live streams though his fans – which was still a very strange thing to hear if he was honest with himself – did not seem to mind in the slightest. Plus there were always hundreds of questions about Innie anyway and Wolf Chan had joked on his last live stream that it should just become the Innie Vlive. Which was met with a lot of positive comments.

Though all of them also said that they wanted to see Wolf Chan being the best Daddy to Innie as well and he wasn’t allowed to go off screen for long. Not that Wolf Chan was actually going to leave Innie unsupervised with his computer by any stretch of the imagination.

The baby fox would try to eat the mouse just to find out what it tasted like knowing him. As plastic was apparently a very favourite thing for chewing on at the moment because Innie was teething.

Wolf Chan made sure to only do his live broadcasts when the cub was fast asleep because whilst he didn’t mind Innie occasionally showing up – as the fans loved it and sometimes there were things that a wolf daddy had to do in the middle of the night for his little baby bread (It was Innie’s word of the moment, and Wolf Chan was going to haunt him with it for the rest of his life).

He smiled as he saw the number of viewers begin to climb up, along with the comments filtering across his screen and the little hearts flying up. That always made Wolf Chan very happy for reasons that he could never really identify and would sometimes sneakily do a long press in order to make a big heart appear for all his followers.

Though a couple of different dings appeared to advise him that some of his named contacts had also joined the stream that evening which caused his ears to flick.

“UWU! Look it! His ears flicked!”

“Oh my gosh! Are one of the Chatters here?”

“Must be more because both are going”

Were some of the instant comments that came flying up and Wolf Chan out of habit immediately flattened his ears and covered them with his paws. “My ears do not twitch when some of the Chatters log onto my streams…” he pouted cutely towards the screen which automatically ended up with more comments exploding onto the chat.

Though Wolf Chan immediately spotted ChatterJK’s comment of, “Ha! He’s always so twitchy around us. Wonder why?”

Which was followed by, ChatterJW “After the stuff we’ve pulled on him are you surprised?”

“Guys shut up! I wanna find out how my bestie in the world wide world is doing,” ChatterBB cut the other two off, “Plus I -need- an update on my prettiest baby ever! Where is he Channie? You better not be hiding him from me!”

Wolf Chan shook his head as the comments came up asking about Innie and he sighed, “Well hello to you two. Welcome to Wolf Chan’s blog about my Island Life and seemingly now the most important update, or should I say pupdate…” he cringed at himself but laughed anyway, “that everyone wants to know is about Innie right now, yes?”

There was another explosion of comments in response and Wolf Chan shook his head, “Well Innie is doing great at the moment but he’s currently fast asleep after a rather long day because, bless his little cotton socks, he’s getting his big boy teeth in and is teething. So I’ve been giving him lots of cuddles and soft things to nom on but his apparent preference is plastic which isn’t the best for him and I do try to stop him but you know….” Turning his attention away from the screen for a second, Wolf Chan frowned as his ears twitched again but not because another Chatter had joined the stream but because his “Innie-sense” was tingling.

This was something that had developed rather of it’s own accord ever since he had began to care for the cub twenty-four seven and after talking with a few parental groups, it was quite natural. Once a bound was formed between parent and child, then the parent would get a strange feeling when something was wrong or upsetting their cub and would be compelled to act upon it.

Because if there was one thing in the world that was the most heart breaking thing, it was dealing with your upset cub after whatever had occurred. Prevention was the best sort of cure and Wolf Chan was easily distracted by it.

“Erm, one sec guys, I’ll be right back,” he said with a quick smile towards the camera before thinking that he hit the pause button and instead shot off towards the little bed which the little creamy coloured fox slept in. Wolf Chan only had a one bedroomed house at the moment, though he was saving up for renovations to add a couple of extra rooms, but he had been able to secure Innie his own bed for now which was right next to his own bed.

Of course, in his slightly panicked father mode of ‘oh my gosh, my baby needs me right this second’ Wolf Chan not only forgot that he hadn’t actually paused his live stream in the first place, but also he had one of those special stands that was programmed to follow his movement whenever he was recording or streaming a video.

“Innie,” Wolf Chan called out in the most adorable softest voice to the ever so slightly whimpering fox cub, “Baby Bread. You awake?”

For a second there was no response and then the little cream fox wriggled around, whimpering slightly and reaching up with his green sleep suit covered paws towards his daddy. “Hwurts,” came the pathetic little voice and Wolf Chan’s heart broke.

“Tch, aww my little baby, Daddy’s sorry but I cannot give you anymore gummy medicine,” Wolf Chan said, gently Innie’s cheeks whilst his other paw gently guided Innie’s little one to his lips in a comforting kiss, “You had some before bed.”

“Hwurts Daddy,” Innie complained, clearly caught up in his actual tiredness and the drowsiness that was gentle encouraged by the gum medicine which was supposed to help the little baby fox sleep through the teething during the night. He wriggled his arms and legs about as if he were stomping them in some form which was adorable too but the huffy little whines of pain just made it so heart-breaking for Wolf Chan.

The medicine that Innie had been given should have worked fine, it had done for the last couple of nights but it didn’t appear to be working right now, which meant that Innie couldn’t sleep and he would start crying in a minute unless Wolf Chan did something to stop that. He hated seeing his baby in so much pain and discomfort and being unable to help him but thankfully a couple of parenting online books had provided him with some ideas so he knew what to do.

“Does Innie want a hug from Daddy and then maybe your favourite squidgy to chew, followed by a bath and a story to see if that helps you fall asleep?”

“No bwath,” Innie slurred, shaking his head, “Sto Re!”

Wolf Chan had known that the bath would have been a long shot but a story was generally a good start. “And cuddles?”

“Lots!” Innie replied instantly, brightening up for a second before whimpering once again because his teeth hurt.

Chuckling softly, Wolf Chan gently plucked Innie from his pile of pillows, blankets and plushi’s, before securing him softly against his chest where Innie immediately settled himself with a happy sigh and an automatic of his paw beans. Wolf Chan would have pulled it away but if it helped for a couple of minutes, then that was fine by him. Plus Innie was pretty good at not his little paw beans, so an occasional slip was allowed.

As well as one of the most adorable things in the entire universe. There again, Innie was just adorable one hundred percent of the time.

Glancing around the room as he made his way back across it, Wolf Chan happened to notice that on his kitchen bench was a bottle of milk already in the warmer and he felt his brain click. Of course, he hadn’t given Innie his night time bottle before bed which was probably why the little cub couldn’t sleep very well. “Ah, Daddy was very silly Innie.”

“Why?” Innie asked, midway between a yawn and a whine, his large ears flicking as he scrunched his eyes up a little bit.

“Didn’t give you your bottle before beddies,” Wolf Chan replied, picking up the bottle and testing the temperature with his paw. Happy that it was right, though a little cooler than normal – but he honestly suspected that Innie would barely notice such a thing tonight – he handed it to the baby fox who carefully took it in both paws and began drinking from it. Innie was pretty much weened off needing the milk now, but he liked it before going to bed and if it helped him sleep the whole night Wolf Chan was not going to complain.

Thankfully being an insomniac wasn’t a problem when you had a fussy baby who wouldn’t sleep but it did lead to much more exhaustion when sleep finally did come along.

Making his way back towards the computer, as it was currently his only really big comfy chair that could accommodate the pair of them at the moment, Wolf Chan picked up the chewy squishy and then glanced at the book shelf. “Which story do you want, Innie?”

“Frey Frey garden,” Innie mumbled from around his bottle.

Wolf Chan could have guessed that one without having to really question it, because it was Innie’s favourite story this month and even though he had read it several hundred times over, he would certainly do it a hundred times more. Pulling the book out, Wolf Chan headed back to his chair and settled down with Innie and everything he needed.

“Do the bits to!” Innie asked, doing his wriggly nose thing.

“And the voices?” Wolf Chan asked, knowing the answer already as he set the bottle down on the desk, next to the squishy so he could get himself comfortably. He glanced at the screen, seeing only his video reflected but still not clicking to the fact that it was live and instead opened the story book “The Fairy Garden”.

“Once upon a time, at the bottom of a large garden, there lived a fairy who had a house which was made from a toadstool.”

Innie clapped at the picture of the toadstool house.

“On sunny days, the fairy could be found playing in amongst the daisy’s or else dancing with the fire flies. On rainy days she stayed indoors and helped the local spider to weave the most beautiful webs or else she painted fallen stars that had lost their sheen.

Wolf Chan drew a star in the air with his paw, which made Innie giggle and try to copy it.

She enjoyed her life and could wish for nothing more. Until one day, a strange visitor came. It was another fairy, but oh so different from our fairy. For this fairy had travelled all around the world and the many lands, had tails to tell of daring and treasure that seemed almost unreal.

The pair spent a week together, talking throughout the day about pirate ships, friendly dragons, wolves who were as big as trees and the musical gyroids that hid underground until they were ready to pop up and be found.

At the word gyroid’s, a squeakyroid which happened to be a favourite of Innie’s, let out a long squeak which caught the cubs attention for a few seconds before he clapped his paws together with glee.

But then one afternoon, the other fairy said that they were leaving to go and explore and the fairy who lived in a Toadstool house felt sad. She liked having her new friend around but he was too wild a spirit and she too nervous to step out of her house.

“I know,” he said, with a sudden grin, “Why don’t you start yourself a garden and when I come back from my adventures, I’ll bring you something to put in your garden along with the story that goes with it.”

Innie burped slightly from the milk he had drank, “Can we bwild a gwarden, Daddy?”

“We already have one Innie,” Wolf Chan said, turning the page.

“Oh, that would be wonderful!” she agreed and promised to start the next day.

They bid a sad farewell to one another but added on a ‘Stay Safe and Return Soon’

The next day, the fairy set about making her garden around her toadstool house and made sure that it was ready for when he would return with his first gift.

He returned three days later with a sea shell, “This came from the sea and if you hold it up to your ear, you’ll hear the ocean.”

Wolf Chan glanced around in panic because he didn’t have a seashell to hand so instead opted to just blow into Innie’s ear to make the sound of the sea. The cub was beginning to doze now, so that was a good sign.

So the fairy did so, and she did indeed hear the ocean.

He departed again and then returned again three days later, this time with the top of an acorn. “This came from a tree and you can hide under it when the big people come to snatch you away.”

The fairy tried and she did indeed fit underneath it, though she turned it into a little water table for the busy bees that flew around her garden.

Innie had a favoured hat that the liked for this bit but the fox cub was clearly almost in the land of sleep as he had completely settled in Wolf Chan’s arms and was once again his paw beans.

Once again they departed and when he returned, some four weeks later, he came with a ladies handkerchief. “You can use this to separate your wonderful objects and even make yourself a gorgeous dress from.”

The pair spent two days together doing that just and when the fairy tried on her new dress, she felt completely wonderful. Every time they separated, the travelling fairy would return to her with new and wonderful gifts, all with their own story and soon her garden was the talk of the town.

Everyone wanted to come and see it, to hear the stories and marvel at the strange things that were there. The fairy was surprised at first but became so happy with so many visitors that she began baking cakes and making sweet teas constantly and everyone agreed that they were truly wonderful.

One time there was a great storm and the travelling fairy returned with a crystal rock tied with a piece of rope, “This is a weather predictor,” he told her, “It’ll let you know what the weather will do tomorrow and the next day if you ask it.”

The fairy nodded and asked when the storm would pass, the rock replied that it would be in two days, so she offered him a warming bath with a rubber duck, some fresh tea and her most favoured cake to eat. They spent a happy two days together, painting stars and weaving webs and a sort of tranquillity settled that she never wanted to end.

But alas, they came to part once again, but this time he produced several packets of seeds, “I’ll be gone a long time for my next adventure. But I want you to plant these and let them all grow. By the time they all bloom, I’ll be back to you with the greatest gift of all.”

“And what shall that be?” the fairy enquired but received no answer other than a smile with a wink attached to it and then the travelling fairy was gone.

As requested, she planted the seeds and told any who asked that when they bloomed she would receive the greatest gift of all. There was all sorts of speculation about what possible gift he could be bringing back to warrant such a title and the fairy enjoyed listening to the gossip in regards to it. But time slowed as she waited and waited for his return, the numbers of visitors declined as there were no new stories or wonderous things to see and soon she began to worry that she would end up lonely again.

Until one morning, she stepped out of her door to find the whole garden blooming with rainbow flowers everywhere and standing by the seashell and the acorn hat was the travelling fairy. She rushed to him, giving him the biggest hug ever and smiled so brightly, “You came back.”

“Of course, I promised you I would, didn’t ?”

“Yes,” she replied, still smiling though looking around excitedly, “With the greatest gift ever for me. What is it?”

The travelling fairy smiled, “It’s something that you can’t really see, but you can always feel right here.” He placed his hand gently atop her heart.

The fairy blinked and looked up at him, placing her hand above his heart, “For me? For real?”

“The greatest gift I could ever give you,” he replied, “My everlasting love and devotion as my wandering days are forever over if you will be my wife?”

They were married by the wise old owl later that afternoon and they stayed in the toadstool house with the garden of rainbow flowers and interesting items from all around the world and were never parted ever again.””

Turning his attention back to Innie, not having realised that he had literally been reading out loud without interruptions for an age, Wolf Chan smiled at seeing that the cub was now happily fast asleep and looked peaceful.

He sighed and placed a gentle kiss upon the cubs head before setting down the book and other pieces. He took Innie back to his bed, tucked him in, gave him goodnight kisses and then returned to the live stream.

Only to blink as he saw thousands of comments and hundreds of new notifications of followers and likes. “Huh?” he said aloud before realising his mistake in not pausing the live stream.

Particularly when ChatterBB typed, “OH MY GOSH! THAT WAS THE CUTEST THING EVER! IT’S RECORDED AND NO WE’RE NOT DELTEING EVER!”