Sing It To Me

She's My Princess
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

14 years old Moojoo was running fast in the palace yard and almost tripped on her hanbok but she didn't care at all because she had a great news for the princess. The maid kept running excitedly with a bright smile on her face until she reached the youngest princess' quarter and with out of breath she opened the door, "Princess!"

The 15 years old girl had butterfly in her stomach when she heard her maid's voice and turned around after putting on make up, "Yes? What is it, Moojoo-ah?"

The maid held her chest that was rising up and down, "The storyteller from Jejudo is here! I saw the crowd already gathered at the market!"

"Omo! Omo! Omo!" Princess Yongsun lifted her skirt and wore her shoes, "I wonder what kind of story he will tell this time!" She held the maid's hands and jumping around, "Aaaahh Moojoo-ah! I'm so excited!"

"He will tell the tale of how he crossed the land of water and fought with the pirates!"

"How do you know?"

"I overheard some commoners talking about it."

"Then let's get going!"

Moojoo pulled the princess' arm, "But is it okay for you to leave the palace?"

Yongsun grinned mischievously, "As long as nobody finds out. Let's go!"

The two young friends sneaking out from the guardless side gate of the palace and ran hand in hand in the forest. They had bright smiles on their faces as the sun was shining above them. The time seemed moving at slow pace and every moment was meaningful and beautiful for them.

 

 

Moonbyul was smiling in her sleep and someone called her name, "Moonbyul Unnie..."

The blonde haired woman said between her lips without waking up, "Yes, Yongsun-ah?"

"I'm not Yongsun!" Wheein was shaking the CEO's shoulders, "Wake up! Hyejin Unnie cooked breakfast! Today is a special day!"

The flavourous smell from kitchen hit her nose and Moonbyul opened her eyes. She looked confused because she thought it was only possible with hypnosis but she just dreamed about her past life.

"Unnie!"

"Huh?" 

"Come on, wake up! It's the recording day!"

"Oh!" The CEO got on her feet and ran to the bathroom. She had no time to think about the dream right now and brushing her teeth at a speed of light and shouted, "Wake Yongsun up!"

The girl shouted back from the kitchen, "I am already up!"

"Great!" The blonde asked before washing her face, "What time is it now?"

This time, the indie singer replied, "9.17 am. The mentors will be there at 10 right?"

"Yes!" Moonbyul ran to her bedroom to change, "Pack the breakfast for me!"

Hwasa shouted, "Unnie! Just sit and eat first!"

"There's no time! We will be late!"

 

A week had passed since the blonde haired woman opened up about her past with Sunny. Her guilt for hurting the love of her life and for not being able to save Sunny was still haunting her but as the time went by, she's getting better at accepting the fact that there's nothing she could do to change the past. Regret always came last and she should focusing on what's right in front of her in the present. Wheein and Hwasa also noticed their unnie's improvement. They couldn't and wouldn't forget about their dear leader but in the end of the day the living should focus on themselves instead of dwelling in grief. It's time for all of them to move on.

In the recording studio on the 3rd floor of the Wolseong World Entertainment, Yongsun was doing the vocal warm up with Wheein and Taeyeon. The indie singer was like a personal vocal teacher for the girl because she sang the guide for all of 3 songs Moonbyul wrote and the mentor taught her the vocal technique she mastered. 

The girl had been practicing the songs non-stop and she was nervous for the first recording session but everyone around her was so supportive and encouraged her so she felt at ease.

To save budget, the CEO personally asked the band ONEWE to record the backing tracks and they couldn't been more happier to help and taking part in the new singer's debut album.

Moonbyul prepared the set in the control room and sat on the producer's chair with the others watching behind her on the couch. Meanwhile, Yongsun was in the vocal booth memorizing the lyrics and notes from the mentors.

The CEO pressed the intercom button and said, "We'll rehearse once and then we'll start recording. Ready?"

Yongsun raised her thumb up with a smile then the backing track of the title track, Be With You, the mid-tempo pop song about having a crush started playing. The girl closed her eyes and began to sing. The princess hit every note and sang perfectly but the CEO couldn't feel the sincerity and emotion in her voice. Like she's only singing half-heartedly and it's not something she loved to do.

Hours had passed but the recording session still on going and everyone was tired. The mentors had another schedules and Hwasa had to accompany ONEWE to an university festival, Wheein also tagged along with them leaving only Moonbyul and Yongsun.

The blonde haired woman was under a lot of stress because they're running out of time and budget. She was tired and lacked of sleep as well. She pressed the intercom button, "Let's take a break."

Moonbyul walking around in the control room and Yongsun entered, "CEO-Nim, I'm sorry I kept making mistakes."

"It's okay," The CEO replied flatly and rubbed her tired eyes, "I need to get some air. You can practice more or rest here. I'll be right back."

The girl was left all alone and sat on the couch holding back her tears. She knew Moonbyul was upset but didn't want to show it to her. She wanted to do a great job but somehow she kept disappointing the CEO.

 

It was 7 pm at night and Moonbyul took a walk near the company to calm herself down. She's craving for alcohol so badly but she had to stay sober. She made a promise to herself that she wouldn't drowning herself in alcohol so she could focus on the work. The CEO was also frustrated that Yongsun didn't sing the way she hoped and seemed like it wouldn't be finished anytime soon.

Her phone vibrated in her pocket and it was a call from unknown number. She picked it up, "Hello?"

A woman on the phone laughed, "Finally! Hello, Miss Moon Byulyi."

"Who is this?"

"I've been trying to contact you, I guess you're a busy person. Don't you remember me? I'm the chief curator from the National Museum, Lee Youngja."

"Oh! Yes, of course I remember! I'm really sorry. Is it about the hanbok?"

"Yes," The chief curator replied, "I'm really curious how in the world your friend managed to get the real King of Goryeo Dynasty's hanbok and still in a good condition after thousand of years. The only possible scenario is they went to the past and took it," She laughed and said, "Who am I kidding? This is real life not fantasy."

"I- I can explain but I don't think you will believe me," The CEO had cold sweats and asked, "So... About the acid test..."

"Yes, the threads are 97% pure gold. I'm expecting you to donate it to us instead of selling it somewhere else. I promise it will be in good hands."

"If I donate it, what will I get in return?"

"Can we meet up this Saturday to talk about it?"

"Um... Okay. I'll see you then in the museum."

The blonde haired woman ended the call. Would it be a good idea if Moonbyul took Yongsun to the museum and told the chief curator the truth? But would the princess allowed her half-brother's hanbok got donated to the museum in exchanged for money? Another problem added to her pile of stress and she could only sigh. Moonbyul needed to focus on the recording session first.

On her way back, she spotted a snack stall and bought some foods there. The blonde woman returned to the recording studio carrying a plastic bag and saw Yongsun fell asleep on the couch holding her notebook.

The girl must be tired as well and Moonbyul woke her up, "Yongsun-ah, here I brought tteokbokki."

The girl sat and stared the CEO put the foods on t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter