Talk

Living under her shadow

Unlocking the door slowly, Hoya opened the dorm door and crept inside stealthily. Shutting the door gently, he straightened himself and let out a soft sigh of relief. Then, a hand landed on his shoulder causing him to jump a little. He turned around and saw Sung Gyu smiling at him. He was using his phone to illuminate his face from beneath his chin.

“Hyung, you look creepy like this…” Hoya pointed out with an awkward smile.

Sung gyu raised his eyebrow and nodded in understanding. Switching on the lights in their living room, the two sat down on the couch. Sung Gyu stared at Hoya, waiting for him to explain himself. Hoya looked down, unsure of what to say. Sung Gyu sat up straight and began.

“Why were you so late?” He interrogated.

“I… I…was dancing.” Hoya answered the last part quickly as the answer came to his mind.

“I am not considered lying since I was really demonstrating to Ji Hye how to dance some parts…” Hoya thought.

“Oh…” Sung Gyu remarked as he eyed Hoya suspiciously. He knew there was definitely more to it. Hoya’s body and eyes gave himself away.

“With a girl?” Sung Gyu asked as he stared into Hoya’s eyes.

“I…Umm…was…” Hoya turned flustered as he stuttered.

“It’s okay, I get it already.” Sung Gyu said as he looked away, slightly disappointed.

“Huh?” Hoya blurted out.

“What did he understand?” Hoya questioned in his mind.

“You were with a girl so you returned late. I get it already. It is normal for you to get a girlfriend too. I know you are a guy also but do remember we are idols… Just don’t go overboard. Some secrets are not meant to be known. I believe you are responsible enough so I will not probe further. Go to sleep soon. This is going to be your first and your last time.” Sung Gyu said as he stood up and patted on Hoya’s shoulder.

With that, Sung Gyu went back to his room, leaving behind the confused Hoya sitting alone in the living room.

“Did he just say something about me having a girlfriend?” Hoya mumbled as he scratched his head in confusion.

“Aish. This is so complicated. I can’t possibly explain myself saying I was teaching Ji Hye how to dance, right? Haiz. Forget it.” Hoya mumbled as he ruffled his hair in an annoyed manner.

He then switched off the lights before returning to his room too.

The next day…

“R…I…N…G…~” The school bell went off, signifying the end of the day.

The students jumped out of their seats excitedly and gathered around in their own groups. Ji Hye sneaked out of class after informing her sister once again. Hoya spotted her and followed behind her secretly. It was another free day for him since the schedule planned for INFINITE was cancelled. Sung Gyu was chatting with Dong Woo along the corridor when he spotted Ji Hye. He wanted to wave to his cousin when he spotted Hoya walk past them, behaving suspiciously behind Ji Hye. A thought crossed his mind at that moment.

“Let’s go.” Sung Gyu said as he followed behind Hoya, leaving a safe distance.

“Where are we going? Why are we following Hoya?” Dong Woo asked confusedly.

“Just shut up and follow me.” Sung Gyu said as he kept his eye fixed on Hoya.

Ji Hye unlocked the dance studio and entered. Just when she was about to close the door hurriedly, a hand from outside stopped her.

“It’s me.” Hoya whispered.

Ji Hye smiled and let him in too. She was actually anticipating his appearance and was really happy to see him. The two entered the studio and the door was immediately locked. Sung Gyu and Dong Woo came out of their hiding place and stopped before the shut door.

“Hyung, why is Hoya in there with Ji Hye?” Dong Woo asked.

Sung Gyu kept quiet as he was too, confused with the situation.

“Are they together? Is he the girl Hoya was with last night? What are they doing in there?” Many questions crossed Sung Gyu’s mind.

Troubled, he sighed and walked off with Dong Woo trailing behind him.

“Ji Hye, meet oppa at the cafeteria now?” Sung Gyu sent his cousin a message.

Ji Hye’s phone vibrated so she stopped dancing and opened the text.

“Why would Sung Gyu oppa message me?” Ji Hye thought to herself as she opened his text.

“Now?” Ji Hye looked up at Hoya and back at her phone.

“Okays.” She delivered the message and picked up her bag.

“I guess I am stopping here for today. Sung Gyu oppa wants to meet me at the cafeteria now. I will get going first…” Ji Hye said.

“Bye!” She waved before making her way to the door.

Peeping her head out of the door, Ji Hye ensured that no one was along the corridor before exiting.

“Why would Sung Gyu hyung meet her out of a sudden?” Hoya thought.

“No point staying here since she’s gone.” Hoya mumbled to himself as he began packing up his stuff too.

Without himself knowing, Hoya ended up in the cafeteria too. He spotted Sung Gyu and Ji Hye sitting at a desolated corner of the cafeteria so he sneaked over and hid near them.

“Why were you looking for me?” Ji Hye asked with a sweet smile.

“Umm, that is… I was thinking we have not had cousins’ talk for a long time and oppa is curious how you are doing now...” Sung Gyu phrased tactfully.

“Oh. Everything is fine for me… Oppa is so weird. You see me frequently in school, don’t you?” Ji Hye said as she took a sip from her drink.

“But I didn’t manage to talk to you much because of all the fan girls and other stuff. By any chance, do you have a boyfriend now already? I mean my little cousin is all grown up already.” Sung Gyu asked with a smile.

“Boyfriend? Haha… Oppa, when did you ever see me hanging out with a guy?” Ji Hye laughed slightly at his rhetorical question.

“So that’s a no?” Sung Gyu pressed for a definite answer.

Ji Hye nodded her head and placed her drink back on the table.

“Phews.” Sung Gyu felt a sense of relief at her confirmation.

“I am just randomly asking but what do you actually think about… Hoya?” Sung Gyu asked and awaited her reply.

“He is really good at dancing, rapping and I think he is a good guy to be friends with.” Ji Hye answered without much thinking.

“Is he the type you look out for in an ideal boyfriend?” Sung Gyu asked.

Somehow, Sung Gyu had an instinct Hoya was interested in his cousin, Ji Hye. He wasn’t the kind who would talk and stay around girls. Knowing that they weren’t a couple set Sung Gyu’s mind at ease but Hoya liking her troubled him.

“Oppa!” Ji Hye said as she blushed a little at his straight forwardness.

“I was just curious who in INFINITE is closer to your ideal type…” Sung Gyu faked a pout.

“I thought you knew Woo Hyun oppa is my bias of the group…” Ji Hye said in a sad tone.

“So you still like him…?” Sung Gyu asked, staring at her.

Ji Hye kept quiet as she took a longer sip from her drink. Unknown to her, Hoya was near them all the while, hearing every single word of their conversation. Hearing her mention Woo Hyun ‘s name and saying he made only a good friend pricked his heart a little. He placed a hand over his chest, unknown to the feeling he was experiencing.


Author's Note:
Hey people!:D How was my new chapter?:)
Please subscribe/comment ^^!
Anyways, I remember telling you this will be a short chaptered fic :).
I am confirming that this will probably end before chapter 10 ~
Thanks for reading 'Living under her shadow' :D