Two

When there was Sooyoung

Sooyoung is popular. Like really, really popular.

Almost every junior she ever meet is disappointed to find out she is taken, and Jiwoo is quite honestly impressed. Because not once has Sooyoung wavered in her love, even when she was away from their home.

But Sooyoung is still busy. And perhaps Jiwoo is just lonely. Because her department isn't as busy with TMs and parties, and her friends starts asking if they are still together because they saw Sooyoung with some cute junior again.

 

But Sooyoung would never.

 

It's in the middle of the night when Sooyoung returns home. Jiwoo sleeping in the sofa and Sooyoung feels her heart ache at the sight. Poor girl was probably waiting for her again.

 

As Sooyoung lifts her up and carries her to their bed, it is the first time she notices that Jiwoo doesn't smell like her own anymore.

But Sooyoung doesn't dare think of anything else but a junior hugging her or perhaps a shared drink. Because Sooyoung comes home smelling like lots of people a lot of the time due to the parties.

 

But then Jiwoo says she wasn't at a party, but simply at home. And an uneasy feeling lodges itself in Sooyoung's throat.

But she's too kind to question, and to voice her discovery.

'Then why do you smell like someone else has been in your space?'

The question goes unanswered, unvoiced and unheard.

 

They're at a party, not for one department but for the whole school and Sooyoung is excited to finally get to introduce her "lucky one" The one she has spoken about so much at gatherings and MT's.

Sooyoung goes looking for her and is unable to find her until she sees a couple pull back from a passionate kiss. Only then does she realize that the smaller figure of the two is her Jiwoo. Her girlfriend in another woman's arms.

Sooyoung feels one tear turn into two, and soon she cannot hold back the sobs that are wretched from .

They lean in for another kiss, this one lighter and more flirtatious. The Sooyoung lookalike snakes her arms around Jiwoo's waist, and Sooyoung should intercept. Except she feels too much shock and shame and disbelief to move even an inch.

Sooyoung stands frozen, rooted in the spot.

Why would Jiwoo do this to her.

The smaller woman is snogging with a girl, so similar to Sooyoung herself, that she could almost call her a long-lost twin. Except her facial features were softer and more childish. And not sharp and mature likes Sooyoung's own.

Unsurprisingly, it takes the pair a while to notice Sooyoung. Despite her breaking into heart-wrenching sobs.

"Sooyoung!" Jiwoo's voice ask, loud as ever. 

"Don't touch me" Sooyoung whisper, one sleeve reaching to wipe her never-ending flood of tears

Jiwoo steps back.

"It's not-we''re not-"  she stutters, but nothing comes of if.

Sooyoung just glares. 

"Is this all I'm worth?! After everything?" Jiwoo just shakes her head, tears b in her eyes now, as if she finally understands what she's done. 

"Please, let me explain"

"By all means, explain"

"She just, reminded me of you, when we're young, and you know-" when you had time for me

Sooyoung looks at the stranger, she indeed looks like a younger version of herself. Much like Yeojin does to Haseul. But except a cocky grin of victory, she looks as shocked as Sooyoung herself.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Sooyoung, her girlfriend of three years" Sooyoung mutters. The woman looks at Sooyoung then at Jiwoo, then back at Sooyoung again.

"You lied to me this whole time?!" she even sounds a bit like Sooyoung. "Hyeju no, it..I didn't mean to" Jiwoo tried to defend herself. But suddenly the entire party is watching them.

Sooyoung retreats, into Jinsouls' arms, or is it Haseul's? Jiwoo can't tell because her sight is burring with tears.

"You said you were single" Hyeju confronts. "How could you do this to me and her?" Hyeju continues.

"I felt as lonely as a single, perhaps even more than when I was single. Sooyoung is always busy with her department and her cute juniors" Jiwoo splutters. This isnt her fault. It is Sooyoung's for making her feel so lonely.

"She's obviously not that kind of person" Hyeju rebuttals. Crossing her arms in front of her chest.

"I could see her whole world shatter, and you made me part of this!"

Hyeju disappears into the night. In the same direction, Sooyoung went and Jiwoo feels shame was over her as the others start to whisper.