Chapter 3

Why Didn't You Stay In New York?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter Three: Not What I Expected

 

"Look who decided to show up!" 

I looked over, smirking as Bobby walked into my classroom and over towards my desk, "Do you really think the Mr. Kim was going to let me skip?" I asked, spinning my pencil between my fingers. 

Bobby chuckled, "Has that ever stopped you before?" No, it hasn't, but just before break began the principal made it very clear to my grandpa that I needed to keep a better attendance record. "I wish my parents cared about my attendance." Ah, yes, Bobby's infamous school psychology mother, and hippy father. The school hates them, they have a habit of trying to enforce 'mental health days', which would absolutely destroy the structure of lessons if the school constantly had people taking off school. But, it was an ongoing battle still, and honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if the school just gave in. 

"You're the only guy who would say that." I told him, everyone else would love to have parents who let them skip whenever they felt like it. "While we're on the subject of school, did you take notes during your class?" I lifted my hand up, "You know how my hands cramp up easily." I pouted. 

"Ha! No." His reply was instant, so was how my face dropped. 

"What are you even good for?" 

Bobby shrugged, "Don't know-" I watched as his attention was taken by the person sitting a few seats ahead of me in the middle row. "Who's that?" Before I even had the time to answer, a new face popped up in front of us. 

​​​​​Junhoe rested his hands on the sides of my desk and bent down, causing both Bobby and I to have to lean closer, "Guys, I think I'm in love." We both rolled our eyes, "Hey! I mean it this time!" He defended himself, grabbing his chest. 

Bobby and I both opted to ignore Junhoe and his annoying antics. "Inez Colms, she just transferred here." I informed Bobby, eyeing the girl just as he did. She was in the middle of packing up her books, I could see her lips moving as she spoke to the guy sitting beside her. 

"Colms?" Bobby asked, "That's an interesting last name..." 

"She's adopted." I told him, knowing where his confusion was stemming from. 

He opened his mouth in an 'O' shape, "Ah, makes sense. Even still it's an odd name." He seemed to have gathered everything he cared to know, "So, are you going to the party tonight?" 

"I am!" Junhoe said, finally giving up on the little fit he'd been having under his breath. 

I took a sharp intake of breath, "I don't know, it is a Mond

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter