Her Puzzle

LOST GIRL (MOONSUN)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Moon Byul-Yi's POV

 

 

I ran my fingers through my hair as I sat on the edge of my sheetless bed. The last few weeks had been hectic for me. I did not bother to unpack my bags as soon as I landed in Korea. I dropped everything here before I went to her.

 

I spent all my time staying beside her, Yong, the girl I used to love the most. I either checked in at nearby hotels and, if the nurses let me, I would hold her hand as I fell asleep in her room. I thought that it would hurt less after all these months we spent miles away from each other. It hurts the same.

 

“…and then, hey, are you even listening?”

 

I unconsciously tightened my hold on my phone. I completely forgot that my best friend was on the other line. “Yes, but it’s just weird, okay?” I said to her. I let my mind wander to my housemate. I feel like I don’t know her anymore. The girl I used to love never loved me back.

 

“I've never heard of an amnesia that can change ualities, though. Who knows? She could've been a closeted gay,” Seul-Gi told me. I shook my head at her absurd conclusion.

 

“If she's been this gay, since she’s 15, she would've completely outgayed me. She's mentally a teenager now. I think she's just stuck in a rebellious phase,” I argued with her. I could not bring myself to believe that that was the case. If it was, then, I would never have to leave her to recover whatever was left from my broken heart.

 

“Come on, I’m just saying, you know?”

 

“I don't know. I'll take her seriously if she is indeed a closeted gay all along but she made it clear that she was straight,” my voice cracked a little towards the end of my argument. She hurt me so many times. I honestly could take it but there was only so much that I could take.

 

“She went to an all-girls school, after all, so she’s probably confused back then. In fact, she might even go all the way back to the time when she hadn’t met the guy who made her realize that she had been straight all along,” I argued further. I did not know much about her pasts. She seemed reluctant to talk about them.

 

“I want to say that you're overthinking it but I kind of see your points. So, what now? Yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter