1. the OSL club

A Perfect Team
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

It was annoying. I couldn’t adapt to having someone new joining us for every activity that I used to do together with Sehun. His girlfriend tagged us to everywhere that we went, and she willingly participated in every dumb s that we used to do. And all of a sudden, the privilege of being Sehun’s best friend was slowly diminishing. I was no different from the other girls or boys who had a crush on him. I was there on the sideline, with our mouths opened, as we saw Sehun being the kind loving boyfriend, showering her with a lot of love. Basically, we saw the scenarios we usually played out in our heads, unfolding right in front of us.

 

Was I jealous? Very. Was I irritated? Very Very. The thing was that I wanted to become that villaness, snatching Sehun away from his girlfriend, you know the evil antagonist we used to curse at whenever we read books or watched shows. Yea, but I wanted to change things and become the antagonist who would win in the end. Technically, a fake antagonist I guess? But I couldn’t even become one because she was so darn nice to me, and everytime she grinned at me, shared with me her lunch or her drinks, a piece of me crumbled slowly and I could see why Sehun would fall in love with her. She was wonderful. She was someone whom I always wished to become, the perfect female lead from the kdrama, the loveable sunshine. Meanwhile, I was thinking of ways to break their relationship.

 

Maybe, I was born to become the female lead’s/ male lead’s best friend in the dramas, I suppose. I was normal. I wasn’t kind enough to share my drink or lunch, I wasn’t smart enough for anyone to fawn over my y brain. And as for my looks, well I used to be proud of it. I thought to myself that I looked pretty darn cute myself, that was until of course, Sehun’s girlfriend popped up right in front of me.

 

I know it was just my insecurity talking but I literally couldn’t help myself to compare my every lacking aspects with her and thought to myself whether that was the reason why Sehun fell in love with her and not me, you know?

 

I sit grumpily on the bench, watching them giggle over some stuff which I don’t even know what it was about. But they have their inside jokes now, they have their own secrets shared between them that no one else would know. It used to be me in that spot, laughing over our own inner jokes. But now everything really has been snatched away.

 

“Why is he grinning like that?” A voice snaps right beside him, and he sounds-- rather unpleased with the whole situation-- just like how I am feeling at the moment as well.

“What do you mean? He’s grinning like a normal person?” I can’t help to defend my best friend, or rather my first love.

 

He looks at me, and sneers “You are the girl who was always sticking around him, aren’t you?” The description was brutally honest and what can I say, it is true. But of course, I am not going to let this man win over this little stupid argument that we are having.


There is no way I could do that.

 

“I am his friend. Or do you not know the meaning of friend?” I spit back at him, partially hoping that my glare will liquidify him right there at that right moment. He chose to sit beside me, and then there he was, bad mouthing about my best friend right in front of my face, and then took a punch right at my gut with his honest words.

 

“Friend?” He laughs, looking at me in disbelief. “As if anyone would believe that.”

I frown, my eyebrows burrowing together in confusion. “What do you mean?”

 

“Everyone knew that you had a crush on him, come on, it was that obvious.” He gives me an arrogant look, with his eyebrows arched in a really annoying manner.

I feel my cheeks burning in embarrassment, as I stare hard at him, not knowing how to really refute that. Was I that obvious? The question keeps ringing in my head, and that makes me feel very--very nauseous. There is a question bugging inside my head, what if Sehun noticed it too? I mean if strangers know that I have feelings for him, wouldn’t he, himself, know about it too?

 

My head is starting to pound and I just want to go home and bawl over my entire life. But of course, first I need to get this stranger off my case.

 

“Firstly,” I breathe in, glaring at him, “I like Sehun. As a friend and not in the romantic way or whatever way you are thinking of. And secondly, who the are you?” I am usually not rude to strangers whom I barely know but this rude bastard with his cocky expression just makes me want to pull his locks of black hairs out from his scalp.

 

“I am your crush’s girlfriend’s bestfriend.” He pauses and grins, “And I like her.”

I almost choke on my spit at his honesty, or rather about how he is telling this to someone he barely knows. Why me? Why the heck is he sharing this to me?

“I have

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter