Best Mistake

Best Mistake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It is past 7 in the morning when Jeongyeon finally wakes up at the sound of her phone alarm ringing. 

 

Jeongyeon doesn't get up yet, but shuts her phone, shoves it quickly under the pillow and turns to her side to watch the other girl beside her soundly asleep.

 

Morning had always been the same, even today was not any different. It's early, and a little too quiet for Jeongyeon to be left on her own- left for her to think about yesterday, now, tomorrow, every waking moment.

 

There are a lot, but mostly settled around one thing, the same thing, one who had always played a role in how everything turned out.

 

She has questioned it, Jeongyeon had, here and there, moments spent by herself, just like now . Questioning the decisions she has made a year and a half ago; whether they were the right ones or if they were as stupid as her family insisted them to be.

 

And maybe they were right. Maybe she was stupid for making such a childish ‘mistake’. Life was good back then. It was easy, comfortable, Jeongyeon didn’t have to worry about how to get by the next day, she had more than enough to last her a lifetime.

 

And now? She barely manages to make ends meet. Maybe she really is stupid for trading a comfortable life to something tedious all because she fell in love with a girl.

 

A girl. She came into Jeongyeon’s life, unexpectedly . It wasn’t love at first sight, but feelings that blossomed overtime. And she’d be lying if Jeongyeon said she wasn’t confused by it, she was, so much that it had her questioning a lot of things; her emotions, her uality, all moral and religious beliefs, of it possibly, actually , happening. It scared her, and the fear grew day by day.

 

Confusion, denial, anger and eventual acceptance. Jeongyeon had been through it all, little by little, step by step, and her, the same girl she fell in love with, welcomed her with open arms, an understanding she couldn't even give herself and a love that was so unconditional.

 

And at that moment, everything suddenly made sense. The feeling of finally finding her place in this world; the kind that felt like home- warm, safe, and freeing. It simply felt right. And that fear, it dissipated as soon as those loving arms wrapped around her.

 

Crazy they said. 

 

Jeongyeon could still remember it clearly, even the way her father looked at her as he sai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter