Chapter 14

NCT DREAM: Na Jaemin HOW FAR?

Chapter 14

 

Jaemin was awakened by Jeno. They have a schedule today, the Dreamies have to go to the location. Aside from their live video later. Jeno stares at Jaemin whose eyes are still closed. 

 

"Jaemin." Jeno called him. 

 

"Hmm?." Jaemin is still sleepy and wanted to wake up later this afternoon but they have a photoshoot today. 

 

"Wake up." Jeno says in a gentle voice. 

 

"Why?" Jaemin shifted his position and turned his back facing the wall. 

 

"Yah. Na Jaemin." Jeno called him again with a slight annoyance in his voice. 

 

"Why? You said you love me last night." Jaemin mumbled while lying on the bed. 

 

"Aish, Jaeminie. What are you saying?." Jeno said flustered. 

 

"You hug me too." Jaemin said in his sleepy voice. 

 

"Then be considerate. Wake up now." Jeno answers, sighing now. 

 

"Then why did you say that?! You said you love me. Go....." Jaemin is still talking nonsense to Jeno.

 

"What's wrong with this guy?." Jeno crossed his arms and stared at Jaemin who was still sleeping. He frowns. 

 

"Both of you, what do you think you're doing?" Chenle asked them while eating bread. He entered the room and sat near the edge of the bed. 

 

"Jaemin is talking nonsense." Jeno said, frowning. 

 

"Hyung. Wake up." Chenle said after a while. 

 

"Okay." Jaemin answers then rise from his bed. 

 

Jeno's jaw drops and looks at Jaemin and Chenle strangely. 

 

"Hahaha, what are you two doing?" Chenle laughs while looking at Jeno whose face is funny. 

 

***

 

They arrived at the place at 8:00 in the morning. The shoot will happen at the empty parking lot. There's a lot of props everywhere and a vintage car. It looks cool. Jaemin ready his phone and take pictures. They greeted the staff and the photographer then went inside to change clothes. 

 

The concept is pretty fun because they needed to pretend as high school students. They wear a navy blue uniform and black pants. The scene is kinda ambiguous though where Jisung posts near the car. It went fine after taking it. 

 

Dreamies worked so hard and finally had a break. There were two big pizzas from their managers and a staff member brought the tteokbokki. 

 

Dreamies was resting on the tent, which was set up by the staff for the artist. The manager's Hyung went outside to bring them more snacks. Chenle was the first one who checked the food on the table. He's hungry and wanted to eat some snacks and Jeno followed him. 

 

Jaemin, Jisung, and Renjun are next to them happily walking to the table that's full of various foods. Jaemin was the last one to join them. Chenle happily unboxed the wraps of the food and saw big pizza, chicken, tteokbokki, tart, and juice. There are also snacks like biscuits, chips, and candy at the table. Renjun, Chenle, and Jisung go-to pizza and ate one while Jeno tried the chicken. 

 

Jaemin is looking for food to eat. He's not hungry, that's why he just wanted to eat lighter food. He scans the table and unwraps the tupperware. He opened it and saw a red tteokbokki. 

 

Jaemin's eyes blinked and held his breath. Jeno is quick to react and drag Jaemin away from the table and hide him on his back. Jaemin was surprised by the sudden movement and looked at Jeno's hand gripping his pulse. The veins in Jeno's arm were shown. A violent gasp was heard because of the member's reaction. Jaemin's heart skips a beat while looking at Jeno's big hand tightly holding him.

 

"Hyung!" Jisung runs outside to their managers.

 

Chenle and Renjun's eyes were big and stared at the tteokbokki. They stop eating and waiting for their managers to come in. 

 

Not long after that, Mr. Kim and Mr. Seok entered the tenth. Their faces are serious. Mr. Seok was the first one who asked for Jaemin. Jeno already let go of Jaemin's hand but he was still around Jaemin looking like a puppy guarding him. 

 

"Hyung this is..." Jeno stated and pointed out the tteokbokki that was left alone at the table. 

 

"Tteokbokki? I didn't order that." Mr. Seok says and a frown escapes from his face. 

 

"I also did not order tteokbokki." Mr. Kim said he got his phone and started to call somebody. 

 

The tteokbokki is removed to check who's staff member put it on the Dreamies table. The members were sent inside the van and stayed there. Manager hyungs order another set of food for them. Mr. Kim was talking to the staff about the tteokbokki. He asked who the clumsy staff mixed it into the group's food. 

 

The police stated that tteokbokki was the reason why Jaemin was poisoned. It had content that could make a man sick. They decided to order only in a particular restaurant and Jaemin isn't allowed to eat food that could trigger his trauma. Especially tteokbokki. Mr. Seok recalled that they made a memo about NCT Dreams food to be separated and handled by the managers. Staff can't give them food without asking them. Mr. Seok's brows frown deeply. 

 

"What is this?!" Mr. Seok asked the staff. His veins are showing and his ears are red because he is angry. 

 

There's Mina, one of the staff members who said that she saw a tall person who put transparent plastic at the table. She didn't recognize who it was. She also thought that it was the manager because of how tall the person was. It's also wearing the same black jacket and black cap. 

 

"175cm tall and a muscular man." Mina explained to them what she saw. 

 

"What? No one fits that description." Mr. Seok said and gazed at Mina. His eyes became small and started to form a doubt. 

 

"I really saw him!" Mina then looks at Mr. Seok. She got scared and her eyes started to moist. 

 

"I understand. Thank you for telling us." Mr. Seok said and nodded at Mina. He's trying to avoid any incidents today because it's Jaemin's first day at work. He doesn't want to ruin it because of a mere doubt without any evidence. He thinks deeply. 

 

***

 

Jaemin was eating slowly inside the car. He was surprised by Jeno's but Jaemin isn't afraid. He is more confused now. 

 

They finished the photoshoot and the NCT Dream went back to their dorm peacefully. As if they did. They were noisy talking about this day's incident. Chenle keeps recalling this morning's greetings with staff but didn't remember any man 175cm tall and muscular. He keeps thinking of it because it bothers him so much. 

 

The food was sent to the police for further investigation. Jaemin is quiet and even the members keep talking and sometimes asking him, Jaemin remains in deep thought. 

 

-End of Chapter 14...