Chapter One A Little Confused

Mr. Perfect

 I wake up and start getting ready for my interview at WcSoft. I chose a white shirt with long sleeves and a black skirt. I wonder if I’ll look too pale even though my skin is kind of yellowish or if I’ll look too curvy, I’m not skinny nor tall like the girls you see on dramas or kpop groups, but I’m happy being curvy and being 5’0 ft. Then, I put on makeup, I try something simple and delicate since I have to look serious enough for this job. I’m a bit good at makeup and I think I did a good job. 

I leave my house at 5:30 am and I head to the bus station. The journey from my house to WcSoft is approximately 40 minutes. When I arrive at the bus station I receive a call, I check my phone and I see it’s from Nam Dareum, my childhood friend. He's 22 like me and in fourth year of college as well, he studies medicine while I study a major in International Business. He’s been busy lately because, well, he’s a medicine student so most of the time he’s studying and doing medicine stuff he’s supposed to do. I’ve been in love with him since I met him. I guess you don’t know when you start having feelings for someone, do you? I’ve never had the courage to confess, maybe I’ll do it later, I don’t know yet. I answer my phone with a big smile, “Hi”, “Hey, how are you? Are you ready for your interview?” He tells me, and he sounds as excited as I am, “ I think I am, but I don’t know, wish me luck” Now, I don’t sound excited but nervous and anxious, “Relax, you’ll be fine, I know you’ll get the job” Hearing his voice not only makes me feel butterflies but also calm, “Thank you” I tell him, “No problem, text me after the interview to celebrate” he giggles, “Sure” I say with a nervous laugh, “ I’ll text you later, my bus has just arrived” I hang up and get on the bus.

 

I finally arrive to WcSoft, the building is so big and looks important, I wonder if I’ll ever have the chance to meet the CEO, I’ve heard that she’s really cool and to be honest I don’t really know much about her, but what I do know it’s that she never goes anywhere without her assistant, He is a really handsome guy, he’s maybe 27 years old? And he looks really elegant, he doesn’t look like he was an assistant. Then, I head to the door and I pull it but when I do it, accidentally hit someone with my elbow, I turn around quickly and it’s him, the assistant, and I just spilled his coffee on his (very expensive) jacket and stepped on him, I bow and apologize, “Oh my gosh, I’m sorry, I’m sorry. Please tell me how much was your coffee and let me fix your jacket, Sunbaenim” oh, no, It’s my first day and I already screwed up, “It’s okay” it’s the only thing he says with a very serious face.

Then, both of us and three bodyguards enter the building with him, I follow him and keep insisting to let me repay him. Suddenly, he stops and gives his coffee to one of the bodyguards then takes his jacket off and gives it to another bodyguard after that, I’m surprised at his next words “ Throw that away”, I keep looking at them as they keep walking and I’m still in shock, did he just threw everything away because of coffee? Okay, that was kind of rude, why did he have to do that in front of me after I apologized and told him I was going to fix it? Unbelievable. Anyway, it’s getting late for my interview so I begin to jog.

When I finally find the office where I’m going to be interviewed, I notice the CEO it’s sitting there. I quickly take a small mirror from my purse and I fix my hair and my makeup. I come in the room and bow “Hello, I’m Kim Chohee, and I’m here for the internship” I’m so nervous that when my words came out of my mouth felt like I was screaming at her, “Take a seat, miss Kim” she says, “Thank you, Mrs. Jang” I answer and when I sit down she says confused “Mrs. Jang? I’m not-” someone at the door interrupts, it’s her rude and arrogant assistant, I bow again, he looks at me with an unreadable face, and then turns his gaze to the CEO, “Mrs. Park, I need you to send me the files I asked you at my email, as soon as you finish the interviews” He says and now, I notice his voice is so deep, I couldn’t before because I was worried for his coffee and his jacket which by the way he has changed for a new one. But, wait for a second, why is he talking to the CEO like that? And why did he call her Mrs. Park?. “I’m sorry, aren’t you Mrs. Jang? The CEO?” I ask her, “What? No, I think you’re confused, I’m Mrs. Park and I’m his assistant. Mr. Jang is the CEO”. Excuse me?! Are you telling me I just made a fool of myself with the actual CEO? I’m going to pass away, I hope he doesn’t fire me without even hiring me, that would be so humiliating.