It's a Match!

It's a Match

Donghyun has been starring at his phone for quite some time now. He’s contemplating whether he’d follow his bestfriend’s advised or not. Jaehyun, his bestfriend, told him to download a dating app so he could find someone to be in a relationship with. Jaehyun wanted to introduce some of his single friends to Donghyun, but he always refused. He said that if something goes wrong with the encounter, he’d feel sorry towards him and to the person. Upon hearing Donghyun’s reason, which Jaehyun find unacceptable, he then told him to download a dating app instead.

“Have you downloaded the app?” asked Jaehyun as he approached Donghyun at the sofa.

“Not yet”.

“What’s taking you so long? You just have to go the App Store and search for it.” says Jaehyun as he grabs Donghyun’s cellphone.

Donghyun was about to grab his phone back when he was stopped by Jibeom; Jaehyun’s boyfriend and his friend.

“Thanks Babe!” Jaehyun said smiling.

“No worries. Be sure to do all the things needed to be done.” he said, winking at Jaehyun.

Donghyun suddenly felt nervous when he saw the grin on Jaehyun’s face. “What are the things needed to be done?” he asked himself.

He wanted to break free from Jibeom’s hold but this guy is strong, and he knows he can’t handle him. So he just waited until Jaehyun handed the phone back to him.

“What did you do?” “I just downloaded the app, wrote something about yourself, uploaded some of your photos and did some swiping.” said Jaehyun. “No need to thank me. I’ll do anything for my dear bestfriend.” he continued while preparing to leave the apartment. “See you on Monday, bestie!” he said as they walk towards the door.

Donghyun was dumbfounded upon hearing what Jaehyun said. He heard the door closed and at the same time, a notification tone from his phone. He looked at it. There was a notification on the dating app. He opened it. His eyes grew wide when he saw the message: “It’s a Match!”

Donghyun’s mind went blank for a few seconds. He doesn’t know what to do. Jaehyun did not even taught him how this type of interaction works. There’s a lot of questions going on in his mind and was interrupted with another notification tone. He looked at his phone and see where the notification came from. It’s from the dating app. He opened it and saw that there was a message sent to him by the someone name Joochan.

Joochan: Hi! Nice to meet you! 😊

He stared at this phone and took him a while until he decided to reply to the person. He believes it’s rude when you don’t answer messages, that is why he always make sure to send replies to anyone who sends him a message, even it’s a short one.

Donghyun: Hello! Nice to meet you too!

Joochan: Is it a good time to have a conversation with you?

Donghyun: Yes, it is. Sorry for the late reply.

Joochan: That’s ok. I just asked as I might be disturbing something.

Donghyun: No, you’re not. I was just away on my phone for a while, he lied.

Joochan: I see. By the way, I’m Hong Joochan. I saw that we matched and made the effort to send you a message.

Donghyun: I’m Kim Donghyun.

Joochan: Can I just call Donghyun? I saw that we’re the same age.

Donghyun: Sure. That’s not a problem. Is it ok if I also call you Joochan?

Joochan: Yes. I’d love that!

Joochan: I saw your profile and saw the cute dog. What’s your dog’s name? I have a dog too. Maybe we could meet up and have our dogs play.
 

Donghyun: My dog’s name is Dadi. You have a dog too?

Joochan: Yes. It’s also in my profile.

Oh crap! he thought. “Where can I see his profile? Urggh! You’re so dead Bong Jaehyun.” , he thought to himself as he tries to navigate through the app. He was able to find it and read it through.

Donghyun: Sorry. I haven’t read that. To be honest, I am new to this and it was my friend who downloaded it and do the stuff.

Joochan: It’s your first time?! Oh wait. I am sorry. I might have come strong.

Joochan: Is it ok if we still meet?

Joochan: If it you’re not comfortable, that’s totally fine with me. I understand. We’ll take it slow and do it some other time.

Donghyun smiled when he read the message sent by Joochan. He was touched by those words and think that Joochan is a considerate person. He’s glad that he had encountered a good person for the first time.

Donghyun: I’m sorry. Thank you for your understanding. I really appreciate it.

Joochan: No worries. I’ve been there before.

Joochan: And oh I must say, your friend has a good eye since he swiped me right. 😉

Another smile was formed when he thinks about how confident this person is.

Donghyun: I guess so. 😊 Joochan: 😊 So how are you finding the app?

Donghyun: I haven’t gone through it. My friend just downloaded it today and did the swiping. He didn’t even teach me how the swiping works. He just said he did the swiping.

Joochan: Oh! You just need swipe left if you don’t like the person and right if you do. If both of you swipe right, then it’s a match.

Donghyun: I see. That’s pretty easy.

Joochan: Yeah. You can also see all your matches on the app. D

onghyun: I see. Joochan: Any match other than me?

Donghyun: None. Just you.

Joochan: That’s good then. 😉

Donghyun smiled after reading the last message. Maybe trying the app is not a bad idea after all, he thought. And just like that, they continue to exchange messages in the app.