Final Protocol Chapter Four

Final Protocol
Please log in to read the full chapter

I stared out the window as I watched faraway stars whizz past by. As we flew on, thoughts ran through my mind.

 

Why did Illusion want me?

 

Where were my crew?

 

Who or what attacked my ship?

 

" The Mystery Man wants us to do a few tests on you. ", Sooyoung said as she scrolled through a datapad, breaking my thoughts.

 

" C'mon, Sooyoung. More tests? I can vouch for Commander Leeteuk's fighting skills personally. ", Taemin said as he slouched in his seat next to Sooyoung.

 

" Maybe, but I just want to be absolutely sure we made no mistakes in reconstructing him. Let's start with something basic like family life. So, Leeteuk, when and where were you born? ", Sooyoung asked me.

 

" I was born on July 1st, 1983 on the space station Galaxia in the Eagle Nebula. ", I answered.

 

" Satisfied, Sooyoung? ", Taemin frowned.

 

" Almost. Let's try something more recent.  When you confronted Jyung Go in Juvenyils, he ran and set off a bomb that left you minutes to extract one of your squadmates. Gunnery Chief Seung Hwai was killed in the explosion with his squad. Why did you leave him? ", Sooyoung asked.

 

" Seung Hwai was a good friend and a soldier. But I had to choose. Seung Hwai died a hero and without him, we couldn't have gotten to Jyung Go. ", I said as I tried to fight back the tears at that haunting memory.

 

" There really are other tests we should run-- ", Sooyoung began, but Taemin cut her off.

 

" C'mon, Sooyoung. More tests? Do we really even need them? Look, the memories are there and I can vouch for Commander Leeteuk's skills personally. ", Taemin said as he folded his arms.

 

" I guess you're right. We'll just have to hope that the Mystery Man accepts our little field test as enough evidence that the Lazarus Project has suceeded. ", Sooyoung said as she looked at her datapad.

 

The shuttle came into another part of the galaxy and I saw a huge Illusion facility. We pulled up in the shuttle bay and Sooyoung and Taemin led me into the elevator which we took to the top floor.

 

" The Mystery Man is waiting for you in the other room. ", Sooyoung said.

 

She pointed to another door with the Illusion crest painted on it. I stepped into the

Please log in to read the full chapter