Final Protocol Chapter One

Final Protocol
Please log in to read the full chapter

The SJ-1 flew across the galaxy peacefully. We were on the search for something going on around this remote area of the universe.

Reports said that many vessels had gone missing around this area and we were supposed to investigate for evidence.

Chief Navigator Dae Soo typed away on his tab and looked at me.

 

" Sir, there's nothing to report. ", he said as he saluted to me.

 

" There has to be. A lot of ships had gone missing over the past few months. Keep looking. ", I commanded.

 

" Yes, sir. ", he replied and saluted once more before walking back to his post.

 

I checked the crew to see how they were doing and whether they had found anything, but they hadn't found anything on their scanners yet.

Just then, Assistant Navigator Ji Ran spotted something.

 

" Wait. ", she said as she flipped through her scanner.  " A ship is approaching our vessel. And fast too. Looks like a cruiser. "

 

" How can there be a cruiser around these parts? ", asked Dae Soo.  " They should know better than to-- "

 

" That's not a cruiser. ", said Henry with wide eyes.  " Everyone, brace yourselves! "

 

Before we all knew what was happening, Henry swerved the ship sharply just as a blast of white-hot energy zapped by us, missing the SJ-1 by inches.

 

" Action stations! ", I yelled.  " All crew, battle positions! "

 

My crew dashed to their respective stations and hurriedly prepared to fight whatever was attacking us.

The ship fired another blast, but Henry quickly pushed the controls, causing the ship to nose-dive sharply.

We turned around and dived again towards it head-on.

 

" Fire at will! ", I shouted.

 

The crew fired at the large unknown ship. One of our lasers struck the ship's propulsion jets, frying its circuits.

But it wasn't a crippling blow.

The vessel returned fire and it struck the side of our ship heavily.

 

" Aarrgghh!!! "

 

I whipped my head to the shout and I found Dae Soo's body on the floor, a fire raging from his machinery.

 

" Dae Soo! ", screamed Ji Ran as she got up from her seat and ran towards his body.

 

But another blast hit the hull of the ship where she was running and fire erupted from the pipes as well as smoke. Ji Ran was thrown across the walkpath and her head crashed against the side of the ship heavily.

Her body fell next to Dae Soo's, blood gushing out from a monstrous gash.

 

" Evacuate! ", I commanded.  " All crew to the escape pods now! "

 

My crew broke out in fear, rushing in a stampede towards the escape pods. Our ship took more crippling blows, causing the ship to break out in flames and killing many of my crew.

I ran to my locker and wore my safety suit. I grabbed a fire extinguisher and tried to smother as much of the fire as I could.

 

" Hyung! ", shouted someone.

 

I turned my head and saw Kangin, one of my best soldiers, running towards me quickly. The terror and confusion could be seen in his frightened eyes.

 

" Kangin, I want you to get everyone out of the ship now. ", I commanded as I continued to tr

Please log in to read the full chapter