Flowers and Kisses

Birthday (One Shot)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

23rd September 2021. Thursday. 05:00 AM

 

 

The abrupt sounds of alarms startled him awake from his deep sleep. Hanbin grunts as he squints his eyes and fumbles for his phone to turn it off, afraid that it may disrupt someone's sleep.

 

He closes his eyes and cradles a pillow beside him to his chest. It's still too early for him to wake up. He remains still for a few moments before rising off the bed. Today is Hayi's birthday, his longtime friend that he's been dating for 5 years..

 

Last year he couldn't make it to her birthday because he had an exhibition out of town. So this year he will try his best to make her happy plus she's been whining about how horrible her day has been lately. 

 

He chuckles as he brush his teeth, he have so many plans in his head and hopes that everything goes smoothly. He settles his business quickly before head towards to the kitchen.

 

He'll start by serving her a special breakfast in bed. He already looked up several recipes for him to cook this morning last night.

 

He's not as skilled a cook as his friend Yunhyeong, but he can whip up a simple meal like the buttermilk waffle, bacon, and egg sandwich he'll make today.

 

Hayi enjoys a sunny-side-up egg, so he carefully sets it on top of the waffle and salad before adding the fried bacon and covers it with another waffle that he made earlier. 

 

He then drizzles some maple syrup on top and adds some blueberries at the side to make it more presentable. She loves seeing food decorations, and as an editor of a well-known food magazine, he is certain that she has high expectations for it.

 

Hanbin sat his hands on his waist and gazed at the craft he had created before nodding satisfied. Perfect. He was cheerfully humming while preparing coffee for his girl when he heard a click from the room and saw Hayi suited up and rushing out the door while placing her phone in her bag.

 

"Morning, I thought you were still in bed, honey. Where are you going? I prepared breakfast for you-" Hanbin looks at her with puzzled eyes, his chin jutting towards his chest.

 

That expression makes him look as if he's pouting.

 

"Morning darling. I'm so sorry, I forgot to tell you that I need to go a little early today since I have an appointment with Jamie," Hayi said, biting her lower lip. 

 

This time, Hanbin truly pouts, which made Hayi snort.

 

Her attention was drawn to the sandwich plate that he had prepared, it was so nice and presentable. She sighs, picturing how much effort he put into it.

 

Hayi walks towards Hanbin that stand near the kitchen table and placed her palm on his flour-stained cheeks. "I'm sorry okay, what about today we grab a lunch together?" she chuckles as she wipes the stain off his face.

 

With a toned-down voice, Hanbin replied, "You're always busy now." 

 

"I'll try to fit in my schedule, okay?" she flashes him the biggest smile she can conceal within her eyes.

 

Hanbin let out a small giggle before tilting his head and open his arms, "Come here," he says as he leans forward and wraps his arms around her.

 

"I'm still sulk you know," Hanbin said. Although Hayi can't see his face, she knew he was smiling. 

 

"Thank you for the breakfast tho," Hayi murmurs and buried herself deeper into his embrace. 

 

A comfortable silence fell onto the two as they enjoyed each other's presence before startled by a car honk. It must be Jamie.

 

Hayi tilts her head back and gives a peck on Hanbin's lips. "I gotta go"

 

"Ah, right" 

 

Hayi then rushes to the front door, holding a few blueberries in her right hand (which she took from the plate) followed by Hanbin.

 

"See you at lunch!" Hanbin grins at her while swinging his arms. Hayi throws a kiss at him before getting into Jamie's car, which was waiting in front of their house. Hanbin laughed as he pretends to catch it and place it on his chest.

 

Hanbin walks into the house as Hayi has already left, then glances at his sandwich and shakes his head.

 

"It didn't go as planned, but it's okay since there's still plenty of time. Kim Hanbin fighting!" he said as he takes the sandwich and brings into his mouth.

23rd September 2021. Thursday. 1:00 PM

 

 

Hanbin brightens as he checks his wristwatch because now it's lunchtime and he planned to take Hayi to a new burger joint on the east side of the town. 

 

He hastily grabs his car keys and drives to her office which is only 15 minutes away from his studio. Along the way, he managed to pick up a bouquet of white and red flowers for her. Her favorite flowers and colors. He has no idea what's up with that color combo, but she loves it so much.

 

As he arrived, he take a sit on a benches and dial her number. His right feet continue to tap nervously. Hanbin bit his lip to prevent from smiling too much. His stomach flutters, remind him of their first date five years ago.

 

Tutt... ttut...

 

What's taking her so long? 

 

"Hello." 

 

"Hi honey, I'm just outside of your office now, are you ready for our lunch?" Hanbin was so delighted for the lunch today.

 

"Oh Hanbin, I'm guessing you haven't read my message yet, right?"

 

"What message? Did you send me a message?" Hanbin furrowed his brows as he checked his phone's notification bar. He's so occupied with his job today, so he couldn't check his phone till she said that. 

 

Yes, she did send him one, explaining that she won't be able to have lunch with him today since her boss suddenly told her that she needed to meet with a client out of town. 

 

"I just read it, so you're having lunch with your client today?" Hanbin plastered a smile, feeling a bit disappointed.

 

"Not yet, we're in the middle of a discussion right now, and I'm fleeing because you're phoning lol maybe later," Hayi laughed softly as her shoe brushed across the grass on the pavement. Her brown eyes scan into her colleague, Jamie, and their client who still discussing inside the studio. 

 

"Am I bothering you?" Hanbin slightly pouts and puffed his cheeks out.

 

"No baby why... I should thanking you, it's so stressful in there. I'm feeling suffocated." 

 

"Alright, just don't skip your meal, okay? You didn't even eat much this morning"

 

"I already full just with your stare, Kim Hanbin" 

 

Tch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter