scent

scent

"Wonpil-ah! Can you get the door?!" Jae shouts from his room, taking one side of his headset off.

He still hears someone knocking on the door of their dorm.

"Wonpil-ah!"

"I can't, I'm in the bathroom!" the keyboardist yells back, followed by the continuous knocking.

"Dowoon!" Jae shouts again.

"Dowoon is sleeping!" Wonpil replies.

"I'll get it, geez!" Younghyun's voice joins, followed by the sound of the door opening. Jae guesses he left his room to open the door.

"Dowoon might as well be awake now from all the screaming," Younghyun muttered as he trudged across the living room to get to the door.

He opens it and marches in, pulling Jae's headset from his head before turning around and leaving Jae screaming that he died in his game because of him.

"Why is it so noisy?" Dowoon emerges from his room, hair tousled from sleep and one of his hands rubbing his eye.

Younghyun smiles a little and finally opens the main door, "Oh, hyung!"

"Hyung? Sungjin?" Jae walks out of his room as well.

Wonpil joins them after putting alcohol on his hands. Younghyun unlocks the door completely and opens it wider for their leader.

"Oh, good, you're back," Jae sighed.

Sungjin raised a brow, "I was gone for a week only."

"And I would have died on the eighth day from these idiots," Jae retorts. "How's hometown?"

Sungjin shrugged but his eyes were sparkling, "Still the same. My folks are still healthy."

Sungjin stops walking and looks at them, a smile slowly spreading across his face but he tries to prevent it from getting any more bigger.

"Oh? Your ears are turning red," Wonpil points out.

"What's up? Looks like you met someone else, hyung," Dowoon blinks.

Sungjin cleared his throat and looked away from them, transferring his gaze to the ground as he shook his head, "Nothing."

"You look in love," Younghyun grins teasingly.

"Am not," Sungjin mutters as he walks towards the kitchen.

s follow him.

"You do," Jae insists.

"Who's the lucky person?" Wonpil asked.

"No one, I am not—" Sungjin puts on the counter the glass he filled with water as he turns to them, putting a hand on his hip as he sighed. He was still smiling a bit, "Can we not talk about it?"

"Eii, come on, hyung! You're not like this every day! Tell us about them!" Younghyun beams but Sungjin can see the liveliness slowly disappear from his eyes.

And he chuckled again, "It's no one. I just visited my family."

Dowoon hums loudly, suspiciously.

Sungjin lets the full grin out, turning his head away from them as they coo teasingly at him.

"I was here suffering, while you were having the time of your life back in your hometown? Who are they? Tell us!" Jae demands.

"Who dares move our dear Sungjinnie hyung's heart?" Wonpil giggles.

"Tell us about them while we eat!" Dowoon suggests.

Sungjin his lips as he felt his face heat up. They go through dinner. They were still persuading him to speak about this 'special someone', as Dowoon called his supposed crush. But he kept on denying that there was no one.

And that was the truth.

He really just visited his family back in Busan. He never had a crush from his hometown, he even thinks he never had a crush at all. Sure, he thinks some girls are pretty and some guys are attractive but that was it. It never escalated to crush. Except that one guy he met a few years back.

s finally got tired of squeezing information from him after dinner. They retreated to their rooms a few hours after, leaving him in the living room alone. He was watching some k-drama on the tv, waiting for tiredness to seep in him when he heard a door open. He tilted his head back and watched an upside down Younghyun walk towards the kitchen.

Sungjin stares at the way towards the kitchen, waiting for the younger one to come out. He did a few minutes later, lips now red and wet. Younghyun ran a hand through his hair and glanced at the television for a second, ignoring him.

"Kang Bra," Sungjin calls.

Younghyun cranes his head to his direction and walks to the couch, sitting on the arm of it as he hums in question. Sungjin checks him out openly before moving closer. Younghyun felt self-conscious then.

"What? Stop looking at me like that," he chuckled nervously.

Sungjin blinked up at him, "Why are you wearing my shirt?"

Younghyun blinked back and flicked the shirt, "This is not yours."

Sungjin raised a brow, "It has 'Park' written on the back?"

Younghyun frowned, "This is Jaehyung hyung's."

Sungjin chuckled in disbelief, eyes flicking down a bit and back to his eyes, "With my initials on the left chest?"

Younghyun pulls at the shirt as looks down at it, blinking at the small white 'SJ' embroidered on the left chest. Then he looks back at Sungjin who now expects an answer from him.

Sungjin laughs softly, "Yah, why are you sniffing it?"

Younghyun pushes himself off the arm of the couch and ignores him again, turning to walk back to his room, still sniffing at his shirt. Sungjin turns the television off and follows the younger. Younghyun sat on the edge of his bed, pressing the shirt against his nose before inhaling deeply.

Sungjin chuckled again as he leaned against the doorframe, "Kang Bra?"

"I'll return it to you after I wash it. Is this your natural scent? That's why it smells good," Younghyun mumbles, blinking twice as he smells the other parts of the shirt.

"Yah, stop smelling it!" Sungjin says, walking to him to pull at the shirt.

"But this is the last time I'm having the chance to get a whiff of your scent!" Younghyun practically whines softly, aware that the other members are already asleep. "Now I don't want to sleep. I wanna remember this scent."

Sungjin sighed and sat beside him. He puts a hand on his nape and pulls his head to his shoulder. Younghyun tenses up, freezing. Sungjin slowly lies the both of them back on his bed, arm throwing over his forehead as he closes his eyes. He wrapped his other arm around Younghyun's shoulders. He lets the younger shuffle closer to him, nose burying on his neck and occasionally on his hair, just moving up a little.

"Kang Bra," Sungjin speaks and Younghyun instantly stops, pulling back.

Sungjin opened his eyes and looked at him. Younghyun raised his eyebrows a bit.

"You know why I was smiling earlier?"

Younghyun grins but it fails to reach his eyes like usual, "Yeah. Are you going to tell me who the lucky person is?"

"No," Sungjin says. "Maybe."

"What is it, really?" Younghyun shuffles to face him fully.

"I was smiling because I noticed you were wearing my shirt."

Younghyun's face fell, ears turning red.

"Remember what you said?" Sungjin smiled a little. "You said I looked like I was in love."

Younghyun tenses up again.

"Maybe I am."

Younghyun gulped.

"Maybe there is a special someone," Sungjin pulls him closer, smile widening a bit. "You dare move my heart, Kang Bra?"

"Oh my god, I love you," Younghyun involuntarily breathes out. Then he moves back after a second of realization. "Wait! Wait, that's not what I mean. I mean, that is what I mean but — ."

Sungjin grins and Younghyun calms down. He cautiously moves closer to the older again and breathes in his scent by his neck.

"I feel self-conscious now. How do I smell?" Sungjin pulls his head away.

Younghyun chases, "Good enough for me to be addicted."

Younghyun gladly takes the trophy for the only one who manages to make Sungjin turn as red.