Perfect Son's Imperfect Past

Daddy's Little Girl

  Ahn Ri watched in disbelief as Jang ahjussi falls back , white faced and traumatized. The world was a blur of camera flashes and high pitch screams. It took the ambulance sirens for Ahn Ri to register what had happened and return to reality.

It was her fault.

If she had not meddled with Jang ahjussi's relationship with his father, none of this would have happened. She should have not assumed that Jang ahjussi only needed an opportunity to forgive his father. She thought that if  Jang ahjussi saw Jang haraboji's sincerity, he would forgive him. But she was dead wrong. As wrong as she was to assume her mother actually loved her. She was also mistreated and abused yet she expected Jang ahjussi to forgive after all that he had been through. Then it dawned on her. She couldn't forgive her mother and neither could he forgive his father because they were their parents. They were people who raised ,  fed and took care of them. They were the ones Ahn Ri and Jang ahjussi was closest to. It hurt so much because both Ahn Ri and Jang ahjussi loved their parents and that love translated to a lifetime of hate when the pain became too overwhelming to bear with.

Yet.. Ahn Ri would have forgiven her omma if she hadn't died. How innocent she still was. 

Jang ahjussi was worn out from the years of fear and hurt. If he were to forgive, he would have to revisit his past to move on and just glimspes of it was already too much.

I'm sorry ahjussi.. I'm sorry.. I didn't realise.. 

Ahn Ri's tears flowed like a silent stream as she remembered her own past and feared for her future. The Grand Hall was empty of all the flurry of activity by the time Ahn Ri calmed down and dried her tears. She had another thing coming. If he can't forgive his own father, could Jang ahjussi forgive her? Ahn Ri felt her eyes moisten and made a dash for the toilets. 

Having sent Jang ahjussi off in the ambulance outside, Shin Hye ssi re-entered the Grand Hall and was just in time to see the running child. She was about to chase Ahn Ri when a hand found its place on her shoulder. She looked to see who it was and was face to face with the main 'offender', Jang II.

She took a sharp intake of air when she recognised him. She slapped the hand off her shoulder as newfound resentment radiated from her entire being. 

'Why did you do it?'

'Why? And to your own son?'

Shin Hye took Jang II head on, angry questions shot out of with an intensity that was only too different from her usual acting. This was real and raw. She wanted to slap him and scream curses at him but didn't. He was already guilty , remorseful even. He was a criminal who knew his sins.

He looked at her and sighed.

'You love him don't you? And you would still love him even if he was a murderer's son.'

'I remember how the two of you used to play with each other when the both of you were young. You would always stick up for him, even to me and you still do .'

' Its too bad he can't remember..'

Shin Hye was the happiest woman in the world when she met Jang ssi at a set for one of the movies she starred in two years ago. She almost ran to him and hugged him but he didn't recognise her. It was as if all memories from his past were erased , almost never to be remembered.


How's this?

I told you I had surprises up my sleeves..

heheheheh

Keep reading:)

<3 dadelione