Invisible Twins

Daddy's Little Girl

' I've prepared your room dear, its the first one from the right. Lydia will help you unpack your things.'

Ahn Ri nodded. 

Great. An attitude, rich and fake. What's new? Ahn Ri snorted. For a second, she swore she saw her mom flinch and felt a tinge of regret. But brushed it away.

It turned out having Lydia was actually not that bad. Lydia was not a typical governess-ahjumma-domestic-helper. In fact, she was very young, probably fresh from university. Why she chose to become a domestic helper was a little suprising but Ahn Ri was extremely grateful though Ahn Ri's relationship with her mom remained on the rocks.

Each meal was tense and torturious. Mrs Goh tried conversing with Ahn Ri but only made things worse. Ahn Ri, blinded by anger, took every word, every syllable as an insult to her current condition. 

'Ahn Ri dear, do you not like luncheon meat? I can ask Lydia to cook something else up.' Mrs Goh offered gently but was met by Ahn Ri's usual freezing silence. A pained expression took its form on Mrs Goh's face but she never gave up or as Ahn Ri thought, never stopped nagging.

If only eonni was here, she'd know what to do. She always knew what to do. But then again, she'd rather be at a pub 'gold digging'.

' I.. I know that you hate me for what my sis- I mean for what I did to Jang ssi's mom and you. I didn't mean to. I didn't think it went that deep.' Mrs Goh apologised,flustered.

Well you don't know a lot of things. Ahn Ri unknowingly sent a death glare across the room. Her mind unconsciously recalled the raid on Jang ssi's apartment , the revelation of her mother's wrong doings and her 'lost' voice. Her hands curled into fists underneath the table. She sent the cutlery crash landing onto the innocent marble floor. But before she could do anything more, she found herself in her mother's arms. 

One minute I swore I could've killed her but now, I'm not going to lie.

Lying in her mother's arms, sobbing into and contaminating her mother's silk clothes, she may forgive her. Just maybe.

'Sh.. its omma's fault, its omma's fault..'

Mrs Goh and Ahn Ri stayed clutching to each other on the cold marble floor. 

'I'm sorry.. omma'  Although her words came out as a mere whine, It brought tears to her mother's eyes. Mrs Goh patted Ahn Ri, cradling the young girl to sleep as her melodious voice comforted her sweet little baby.  Her voice, blocking out the careful clutter from the kitchen as Lydia reluctntly took care of the fragments of porcelain cutlery.

 

Hush little baby, don't you cry,
Mama's gonna buy you a mocking bird.

If that mocking bird don't sing,
Mama's gonna buy you a diamond ring.

If that diamond ring turns brass,
Mama's gonna buy you a looking glass.

If that looking glass breaks,

Mama's..Mama will always be here for you..

I promise.. I promise...
 

I know I've finally earned at least a smidge of your trust but there's still so many things I haven't told you. So many lies left to fix.


heartdadelione

Did you guys get the hint? 

Anyway continue commenting & subscribing:)

I'll probably reveal why Ahn Ri had to lose her voice next chapter although I regret letting her lose it.. >.<

Keep Reading!