Date Night

Coffee?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 14: Date Night

 

“Did you take a bath?”

 

“You literally saw me a while ago with wet hair, unnie.” Jisoo rolled her eyes.

 

“Did you brush your teeth?” Irene stretched Jisoo’s face to check.

 

“Yeeeeeesssss!” Jisoo whined while massaging her cheeks.

 

“Breath check! Blow on your hand and sniff! ” Irene lifted Jisoo’s hand to cover .

 

“It smells minty, unnie. Why are you even doing this?!”  Jisoo complained after smelling her breath.

 

“Because I don’t want my girl to date a slob.” Irene said matter of factly.

 

“Jennie’s not a slob.” Jisoo looked at her with confusion.

 

“I’m talking about you, pabo!” Irene flicked Jisoo’s forehead.

 

“Ouch… why do you have to do that? And who says I’m a slob?! Hello world famous actress here?!” Jisoo whined while rubbing her forehead.

 

“A world famous actress who prefers to wear her sweats when going out.”

 

“Hey, they’re comfy! And it’s not like it looks bad, it’s just my style.” Jisoo pouted.

 

“I know, and you can get away with it cause everything looks good on you, you lucky brat.” Irene rolled her eyes while smiling. 

 

“But,” Irene continued, “it’s a nice feeling to know that a person made an effort to dress up and look extra nice just for you. And don’t worry, I do approve of your outfit now. Casual and chic!” Irene made an OK sign with her hand.

 

She looked at herself in the mirror wearing her Dior shirt, black leather jacket, and tight jeans. ‘Yep, I look good.’ Jisoo smirked.

 

‘But what if Jennie looks extra beautiful later and I would look like a bacteria beside her?! What if she thinks I look ordinary while she looks like a top model?! What if I am a slob like what unnie is saying?!’ Jisoo suddenly panicked.

 

“Unnie, maybe I should change. I think this look is too plain.” 

 

“Eh? What are you talking about? That looks perfect already. It’s already Bae approved.” 

 

“What… what if it’s not enough to impress Jennie?” Jisoo asked in a small voice.

 

“There really is a first for everything. Who would have thought that the great Kim Jisoo would worry about her looks.” Irene whistled.

 

“Unnieeeee…”

 

“You’re okay, don’t worry too much. I was just messing with you. I bet Jennie would go gaga over it. I mean she saw you sweat badly already this morning, so looking like that would be a 100% improvement.” Irene teased Jisoo to make her relax.

 

“Okay, okay. This is fine then.” Jisoo released a breath she didn’t know she was holding.

 

“Uhmm, how about the place? Is it okay that I bring her there? I mean it’s not a fancy place. Oh god, it’s not a fancy place! Jennie will hate me for bringing her to a place like that.” Jisoo panicked.

 

Earlier, Jisoo finally decided to bring Jennie to this little hole in the wall restaurant that serves one of the best mandus in town. This was her secret spot that she discovered when she was still a trainee and ever since then the place has been her go to comfort zone.

 

“Jisoo, where are you even bringing her? You haven’t really told me.”

 

“Well… It’s this place. It’s small. And not so fancy…” Jisoo muttered.

 

“Hmm, if you like this place and they serve the mandu that you promised Jennie,  then I don’t see any reason for Jennie not to like it, okay?” 

 

“Okay… You’re right. I’m overthinking things. This is just a date. It’s not complicated.” Jisoo huffed.

 

“Yeah, a date with Jennie Kim.” Irene said in a sing-song way.

 

“A date with Jennie Kim… Oh God. I can’t breathe.” Jisoo exclaimed while breathing in and out.

 

“For goodness sake, get out already and pick her up! Stop being a wuss and show up on time for her. I don’t want my girl to think I’m okay with her dating a friend of mine who is a coward.” Irene rolled her eyes.

 

“Okay, I got this.” Jisoo said while taking deep breaths. 

 

“Wait, should I give her flowers? Oh my God, I don’t have anything for her. Does she even like flowers?! Maybe I should get her a bear or something. Or some jewelry. Or some wine…” Jisoo rambled.

 

“Kim Jisoo, relax. You got this. Just go with the flow. If you want to give her anything, go for it. I think you still have enough time to pass by a shop. Okay?” 

 

Jisoo nodded while thinking about the possible gift that she could give Jennie.

 

“Trust your guts and leave already! Or else you’ll be late. I also need to pick up my Seulgi already from her meeting.” Irene hurried Jisoo up.

 

“Okay, okay. I’ll trust my guts. And unnie, thank you. If you weren’t here, I feel like I’d ramble more and end up missing this date.” Jisoo sincerely thanked Irene as they exited her place and rode the elevator to the carpark.

 

“Yeah, yeah. But, Jisoo, serious talk. Take care of her. Jennie is a special girl.” Irene said with a serious tone.

 

“And no, I don’t see her that way. I can see you frowning already. And, eww, she’s like a little sister to me. But really, she’s really a great girl, Jisoo. So if you’re going to pursue this, which I think you are, treat her right. Okay?” Irene looked at Jisoo like she’s analyzing her intention for Jennie, making the younger girl gulp.

 

“I promise, unnie. I-I really feel something different with Jennie. Everything just… I don’t know how to say it. Like everything just, uhmmm, clicked? Does that even make sense?” Jisoo sighed.

 

“It actually does.” Irene smiled. “Now go and meet your future wife.” 

 

“Unnniieeee, don’t jinx it.” Jisoo complained while giving her friend a big hug and dashing to her car.

 

‘She didn’t even flinch when I called Jennie her wife.’ Irene smiled as watched her friend drive away. 

 

‘I really have a good feeling about those two.’ 

 

 

‘So this is Jennie’s apartment. Looks very private and has good security. Fancy.’ Jisoo observed the place to calm herself down while walking nervously to the lobby with her bouquet of flowers.

 

'I look funny with the flowers. Oh my God, do I look weird with the flowers? Are people judging me because of the flowers?!' Jisoo looked around and saw no one except the guard at the door and the concierge.

 

She checked her phone and read Jennie’s message again.

 

Jennie🤍: Hi, Jisoo! Is it okay if you come up to my place f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter