Bonus 1.2 : Logryeon's Christmas

Rewriting the Stars, A penthouse Logryeon fanfic

 

ADDITIONAL CHAPTER 1.2 : CHRISTMAS

The events take place 2 weeks after the end of the trial.

Theresa’s notes

-The whole holiday will be written in the form of short-stories, to avoid being too lengthy

- LR = Logryeon’s only. TW = Part containing third-wheelers.


 

LR.Logan is hiding something again...but Su-Ryeon has a plan

The next day went through quickly as they were busy preparing for the evening. Su-Ryeon is heading over to the kitchen in the beginning of the afternoon. She checks the beef for the bulgogi she had left marinated.

Logan has just returned from the store with huge bags of groceries in his arms.

“We could have hired a cook too...if we think about it”

“Well...it wouldn’t be the same...you really enjoy participating so…you told me you wanted to eat french...right ? How about dessert...since you already planned something for the main course”

He starts to lay down the ingredients on the kitchen island.

“What is all of this…” she says, laughing.

“Here you have all you need for... Tarte Tatin….a tart with apples, butter and caramel...if you look closely she has a distinctive feature.” he answers, showing her his phone with the recipe displayed. She tilts her head, in deep thinking, before answering.

“Oh...it’s upside down...the batter is on top”

“Exactly...and here you have Poire Belle Helêne : Pears are poached in syrup, with vanilla ice, you add melted chocolate on top”

“That one is a perfect match for you...what about what you told me one day...Boeuf Bourguignon ?”

“That one cannot really be served on such an occasion...it’s a beef stew with carrots and red-wine sauce...it’s more something you eat with your family during winter…” He gets out a box carefully from one of the bags.

“We even have a christmas cake, because you love strawberries” he says opening the box and revealing steamed rice cake decorated with strawberries.

“There is food for a whole regimen...isn’t that going to be too much ?” she asks, chuckling.

“But...you said you loved this so...and here you have the icing on the cake” he answers by getting out a box.

“These ones you will fall in love with,” he adds, opening the box where almond shaped candies sit.

“What is it ?” asks Su-Ryeon, looking at the candies with wonder.

“Candied orange and melon paste, ground almond, topped with royal icing...do you know...marzipan ? the paste is a lot similar...that one come from a city in Southern France, Aix en Provence”

“It sounds awesome...Can I have one ?”

“Of course” he replies, holding out a candy to her.

“It’s so good, give me the box” she answers after eating one. Logan lifts the box in the air.

“No way...you won’t eat anything later if you eat the whole box now”

“Give me that box,” Su-Ryeon says, raising on her tip-toes to catch it. Hyein enters the kitchen, strolling happily. Su-Ryeon steps backward, Logan smirks at her.

“Logan...are you teasing mom again ?” Su-Ryeon pouts.

“Yes...he was, Hyein saved me just in time”

“I just saved your mom from a stomachache...how unfair” he answers, shrugging.

Hyein stroll to him and grabs his arm, asking him to go out. Su-Ryeon stays at the door while the two discuss in the corridor. Hyein whispers something and Logan nods. Hyein breaks into a smile and comes toward her. Su-Ryeon goes back into the kitchen.

“Mom...I am going out for a while...I will be back on time, don’t worry” she kisses her mom on the cheek and goes out. Logan comes back after her. Su-Ryeon tilts her head.

“Are you two plotting again ?” Logan shakes his head.

“Not at all...she told me the same thing as you, that she wanted to go out I swear” he answers, lifting his hands in defense.

Su-Ryeon squinted her eyes, looking at him.

“I see…” she goes over to the countertop and starts to slice vegetables while he is preparing the desserts. Su-Ryeon is focusing on the task at hand.

“I know they are preparing something for my sake...why would I be upset ?” she wonders as the knife entering in contact with the cutting board underneath makes a sharp sound, making Logan flinches.

“Is she mad...she is definitely mad…What am I going to do now ? but I can’t tell her Hyein went to buy her a gift...the small devil wouldn’t forgive me either...” he wonders, stealing glances at her while he is cutting apples. He goes innocently toward her and pulls on her sleeve, Su-Ryeon lifts her head but doesn’t turn around.

“Su-Ryeon-ah…”

“What is it ?” she answers

“Maybe I should try this…” he wonders as he hugs her from behind.

“N…Noona...are you angry ? because of Hyein…” Su-Ryeon flinches.

“The way he called me now...I see...he is trying to act cute...how funny” she wonders, pursing her lips to stifle a laugh. She turns around, taking an unbothered expression.

“I am not mad...but what are you two planning ?” Logan shakes his head.

“That I cannot tell…”

“Please don’t ask me more...the little one will be so mad too” he pleads internally as Su-Ryeon tilts her head.

“I see...there are things that you cannot tell me...I got it now”

“What did I do…” Logan wonders, crushed.

“Okay...how can I stay mad? What is that face ?” she thinks. Seeing his sullen expression Su-Ryeon cannot take it anymore, she breaks into laughter.

“You are so easy to fool sometimes…” Logan opened his eyes wide.

“Thanks to it, I even got Logan to act cute and call me Noona...I won” she adds, smirking at him. Logan wraps his arms around her and his gaze shifts immediately.

“I see…you fooled me...or did you just give in ?” he says with a smile, lifting her chin. Su-Ryeon looks away briefly before looking at him again, maintaining his gaze.

“Who would fall for such an easy trick ? I was just pretending from the beginning”

“How could he switch from cute and adorable to hot and intense in a mere second” she wonders as he leans toward her. Su-Ryeon closes her eyes, clenching on his sweater. He stops just a mere inch away from her lips. He smirks.

“I got you” he thinks, cupping her cheeks and kissing her.


 

TW. Joo Seok-Kyung and Alex...like cats and dogs, or ?

They stumble upon Alex Seok-Kyung and Hye-In as they are heading toward the staircase. Alex and Seok-Kyung are quarelling while Hye-In is trying to stop them.

“You are just an old fart...you’re worse than your brother...how could you do something so low ?”

“And you’re just a spoiled princess...a very snotty one”

“You guys…it’s not that important...who cares about that kind of thing ? it’s just a tree-topper…Mom...Logan...help here” Logan shrugs before replying.

“Let them…” Su-Ryeon stops in front of her daughter, smiling.

“They do this because they get along actually” as she finishes her sentence both Seok-Kyung and Alex turn their head in her direction.

“We don’t...who gets along with that old geezer ?”

“Joo Seok-Kyung” says Su-Ryeon gasping.

“And I don’t get along with brats like you either” answers Alex.

“Alex...you’re so childish...how embarrassing” says Logan, shaking his head.

“Let’s go Su-Ryeon...come along Hye-In” Logan adds, climbing the stair-case with the two women behind as both Alex and Seok-Kyung resume their argument.


 

LR.Su-Ryeon-ssi is so pretty...Logan want to keep her for himself

Su-Ryeon brushes her hair after getting ready for the evening. Logan is sitting on the bed behind her, observing her as he puts on his watch. She turns around to face him.

“What is it ?”

“Why are you always so effortlessly pretty ?” She looks down, smiling.

“Come here, I want to see you up-close” he adds, reaching his hand toward her.

She sits beside him. He brushes aside her hair, placing a small kiss on her neck.

“Smell so heavenly too”

“Stop flirting with me right now, we have an event to hold” she laughs.

“Fine...fine” She tries to stand up but he cages her in his arms from behind.

“No...on second thoughts...I will keep you here for myself” he adds, kissing her on the shoulder.

“This actually sounds good...but we can’t, right ?” He releases her with regret.

“Guess you’re right.” he answers, also standing up and straightening his shirt. She helps him straighten his collar and pull him down for a small kiss.

“Now we’re good, let’s go” she says, taking his hand.


 

TW.Who is behind that door ?

When they go downstairs, they are welcomed by the sound of laughter from the kids and an appetizing smell is floating in the air. Someone rings at the door.

Jung Doo Man is waiting on the other side of the door and they follow him outside.

“I am sorry for coming on short-notice...but since you agreed to it beforehand…” he hold out a bag to Su-Ryeon

“This is for Seok-Hoon...I don’t want to put any pressure on him, but I wanted to make a small gesture as a step forward just in case” Su-Ryeon smiles warmly at him.

“It’s so considerate of you, I will be sure to give it to him”

“Just tell him that if he wants to meet me, I will always welcome him…” Doo-Man answers.

Both thank him again and go back inside.

“It must have been hard for him to come here,” Logan says, looking at the bag.

“I guess...he is a busy man...it must have been a lot to take to learn you had a teenager’s son all of sudden too…” answers Su-Ryeon as Seok-Hoon comes out from behind the wall he was hiding and joins them.

“Was it from him ? where is he ?” he inquires.

“He left already...but…” replies Su-Ryeon.

“I will go” answers Seok-Hoon, getting out in a hurry to catch up with Jung Doo Man.

Both Su-Ryeon and Logan look at each other. When Seok-Hoon is back a few minutes later he explains that he will try to meet him again to see how it goes.


 

TW First Christmas dinner

They all get seated at a round table in the dining room. For Su-Ryeon the majority of dinner is spent like a spectator, revelling in each word and laughter she hears. Her children are by her side and she has new family members as well.

Seok Kyung is opening up to Hye-In and is chatting with her. Seok-Hoon is in his own bubble with Rona and is really cheerful, surely in an attempt to make Rona forget she cannot spend Christmas with her mother. He whispers something to her and she bursts into laughter.

Seok Kyung rolls her eyes and resumes her conversation with Hye-In after Alex interrupts them.

Logan reaches to take Su-Ryeon’s hand under the table. He squeezes her hand when she turns to look at him.

“Are you alright ? what’s wrong ?” he whispers leaning toward her.

“Nothing, everything is totally fine” Su-Ryeon waves her hand.

“This…this. I missed it so much, this is why”


 

TW. Time to give out the presents with the third-wheeler family and precious Hye-In...does she take after Logan or Su-Ryeon ?

After dinner the kids are chatting in a corner while the adults take a drink. Logan goes into the cellar to fetch another bottle. Su-Ryeon walk toward him with a smile as he gets out

“Logan...since it’s already 1.00am...should we give the presents to the kids ?”

“Sure...but I will give you mine later” he replies with a smile.

Su-Ryeon smiles back at him warmly.

“I also want to give it to you once we are alone” Turning around after saying her sentence, Su-Ryeon goes back to the living room and reaches the center of the room, clapping into her hands to have the attention of the kids.

“You guys...how about we open the gifts now ? we are already on the 25th…”

Seeing the happy faces of her children when they opened their presents was already the best gift for Su-Ryeon. She looked with wonder as each was unwrapping it.

Hye-In in particular was a great sight to see. Her daughter has been ill most of her life,

The 3 adults looked at her with a blissful smile as she was unwrapping each present with expectation.

“Hye-In...seeing your smile…” begins Logan

“She is really so cute my Hye-In,” says Alex.

“My princess...look at her” answers Su-Ryeon

Hye-In let out a gasp after opening another’s present, and runs to them.

“A motorbike’s key ?” says Logan, frowning.

“Yes...was it from you ? thank you Logan” she says, hugging him before he can say anything.

“It wasn’t from him...he is such a killjoy, he wouldn’t buy you a motorbike” answers Alex,

“I don’t really know if it’s a good idea,” says Su-Ryeon, hesitant.

“It’s downright a bad idea...what were you thinking Alex ?” scold Logan when Hye-In pulls away from him.

“But I want to ride one...please ?” Seeing how she look at them, both Su-Ryeon and Logan gives in.

“Well...assuming you’re careful…” answers Su-Ryeon with a smile. Hye-In hugs the three again and stroll toward the twins and Rona again, showing them the key proudly.

“You’re so careless...I can’t believe this...a motorbike, really ? in her state ?” grumble Logan.

Su-Ryeon places her hand on his arm to pacify him.

“As long as she is careful, it will be fine, let her…” she says softly.

“She just admires you so much she wants to take after you, why are you over-protecting the poor kid ? she is already 18 years old, you’re so serious all the time” adds Alex with a shrug.

“But still I think…” Logan is cut-short by Seok-Kyung who stands up, a dress in one hand and a pair of boots in another.

“How come Hye-In got a motorbike ?...I would want one too, jeez”

“You’re such a spoiled princess...when we lost so much time putting our hand on that unique model from Hermès at the Fashion Week...there is only one model...one” argues back Alex.

“You only play favorites, old fart...but mom and Logan’s presents are cool so whatever” she answers, turning her back to him.

“You little…” starts Alex.

“Rona...what did you get?” asks Logan to stop him.

“I can’t believe it...a ticket for a concert in Vienna...it’s awesome...thank you so much…” answers Rona cheerfully. Seok-Hoon freezes when he opens Jung Doo Man’s present to him.Unwrapping an antique copper butterfly shaped brooch, he unfolds the small paper that accompanied it.

“It belonged to mom,” he says in a low voice, looking down. Su-Ryeon stands up and wraps her arm around his shoulder.

“I see...what a nice present...he probably wanted you to understand Ae-Gyo-ssi better….it’s very nice, right ?” Seok-Hoon nods, looking at the brooch with sadness.

“It’s very nice...I never had anything from her after all”

Hyein approached both Logan and Su-Ryeon a few times later with her hands behind her back.

“I got something for you two too”

“Really ? thank you my baby” answers Su-Ryeon, taking the packet in her hands. Logan took his with a smile. Su-Ryeon gasps.

“Wait...so that’s why you left earlier ?” she asks. Hyein nods with a huge smile.

“A bunny stuffed toy ?” Su-Ryeon says after unwrapping her packet.

“Mine is a bear ?”

“Look how cute, mine has wings,” says Su-Ryeon with a huge smile.

“I know both of you are too old for this...but they are a pair, I thought it looked like you”

“Do I look like a bear ? your mother sure look like a bunny though”

“I look like a bunny ? Bunnies are cute, fine by me...but why wings ?” Hyein leaned in to talk to them in a low voice.

“The shop assistant said that the bear helped the bunny fly. That's why I chose it too” Logan coughed after Hyein’s sentence. Su-Ryeon smiled widely.

“Thank you, it’s very cute, I will treasure it my princess”

“Thank you small devil, mine will follow your mother’s everywhere like I do...but what is the other packet you’re holding ?” he asks with a smile.

“Oh...yes...that one I got propelled to buy it...I don’t know why...I was just drawn to it” Hyein replied, giving Su-Ryeon a box wrapped in gift-wrap.

Su-Ryeon froze when she unwrapped the gift, she looked down, her hands shaking. Both Logan and Su-Ryeon look at her with worry.

“What’s wrong mom ? you don’t like it ?” Logan pulled aside Su-Ryeon’s hair that was covering her face.

“What’s wrong ? Are you crying ?” She lifted her head, taking a big breath, but it was obvious she was teary-eyed.

“No I am fine...it’s very nice...candied apples, I like it very much”

“Seol Ah...my baby...was it you ?” she wonders as both Hye In and Logan console her.


 

LR. Logryeon’s date after Christmas

After everyone has gone to their respective rooms, finally, Logan can give his gifts to Su-Ryeon. He waits impatiently on the bed as she is changing into more comfortable clothing after washing up in the bathroom.

“Will she like it ? She has to like it, right ?” he wonders anxiously. Su-Ryeon finally gets out of the bathroom and walks toward him with a huge smile.

“Can I go first ? I can’t wait” she says cheerfully.

“Oh...yes...of course you can, everything you want” he answers. She takes his hand and starts to head for the exit. Logan stops her.

“Wait...where are we going ?”

“I am not going anywhere, only you...I need to prepare for it” replies Su-Ryeon with a smile.

“What...where am I supposed to go ?”

“You just wait in the corridor” she answers, pushing him outside and closing the door.

“Hmmm...okay” he says in the empty space. She finally opens the door a few minutes later and urges him to come in. When he does, a painting is sitting in the center of the room. He approaches it slowly. The painting represents a small house next to a lake. The whole picture is peaceful.

“It’s gorgeous...does that scenery represent something in particular ?” Logan asks, grazing the painting with his fingers.

“It is...it’s my dream. The house I would like to live in to be accurate”

“I see...it is so peaceful…” he answers, shaken up by emotion.

“This is what I have been hiding from you...I didn’t want you to see so I sneaked out in Seok-Kyung’s room to paint it secretly….do you like it ?” He closed his eyes briefly before turning toward her.

“I do...I really do...thank you so much….it means a lot to me” he answers, kissing her on the forehead.

“This is not all...I have something else for you” she replies with a smile.

“Then let me give you mine first, you will make me cry if you give it all at once” he jokes.

But it is not a mere joke for him. Just thinking that she took the time to paint something so dear and personal to her moves him beyond words. They sit on the bed and he gets out a box. Once he opens a thin gold-chain bracelet with a beautiful purple stone lies inside it.

“What a beautiful purple color...is that an amethyst ?” she asks as she lifts the piece of jewellery. Logan ties it around her wrist.

“Actually it is not...if you put it under a light, you would see it more clearly. It’s sapphires and rubies melted together...you love rubies, right ?” Su-Ryeon smiles softly in response.

“I do...and you love sapphire...is that supposed to represent us, then ?”

“In a nutshell...the final’s result is Su-Ryeon-ssi's favorite color purple.”

“It’s really beautiful...I really like it” she answers, looking down at her wrist, grazing the stone’s surface.

“I am happy you like it,” he says, kissing her forehead.

“I have something else for you” she adds when they break away from each other. Logan is surprised.

“What...but the painting alone is more than enough” Su-Ryeon doesn’t reply back, she smiles and fetches a box out of her pocket.

“A watch ?” Logan says when she presents him the box after opening it.

“Yes...you gave me yours, remember...give me your wrist” she slid the watch on once he complied.

“Logan....since you gave me your time...I will give you mine in return…” she wonders as he twists his wrist with a smile.

“A skeleton watch...how nice...I like it” he notes, reaching for her lips.

“Actually I have something else for you too...but it’s not as fancy” he adds with an embarrassed smile. Su-Ryeon tilts her head and follows him with her eyes as he gets another box out from under the bed, her eyes widened with surprise.

“How did you even...how did you even get your hands on the original edition from 1999 and even an original Playstation ” she says with wonder.

“That’s kind of lame when you offered me that fancy watch and even painted something for me” he answers, scratching his head.

“No....that’s more than enough...that’s amazing.... always wanted to play it...you remembered…” she says, jumping into his arms.

“Oh...if you like it then…” he replies, hugging her back.

“She is so cute...getting so happy for an old Playstation and Resident Evil...how unexpected…” he wonders with a smile.

“Can we play now ?” she adds, excited.

“Now ? but it’s already past 3.00am…”

“So what ? I want to play it now” Su-Ryeon answers, raising the box and heading toward the TV. Logan looks at the cover as she is connecting the Playstation.

“That Nemesis is so fugly...but the female lead is hot for an old game '' says Logan innocently. Su-Ryeon spins her head around.

“What did you say ?” she asks, throwing him a glance. Logan raises his hands.

“It’s only a game, she doesn’t even exist ” he explains,Su-Ryeon walks toward him.

“So that’s Logan’s style...I see...these curves…I could never” says Su-Ryeon, looking up.

“What...it’s a fictional character...and who said she is my style ? only Su-Ryeon is, I swear” Su-Ryeon pinches him on his side.

“Whatever…Carlos is very handsome then” she answers, pouting.

 

A little while later.

“A grenade launcher...okay Nemesis is so dead” Su-Ryeon adds once they retrieve a weapon from a cabinet.

“I don’t think so...he almost killed us earlier in front of the police station...”

“That's because you were too slow...of course he would punch you”

“He even killed Brad...how sad, he looked like a nice guy” deplores Logan, shaking his head.

“Brad is a coward, he left the STARS behind in Resident Evil 1, he deserved it” she argues back.

As they are talking a window shatters in the TV and Nemesis enters with a rocket-launcher. Logan jumps in surprise.

“Why is he here again ? he’s got a rocket-launcher now” laments Logan as Jill Valentine takes 2 rockets in a row.

“Just run to the dark-room, hurry up” says Su-Ryeon, pulling on his sleeve.

“No...what if he follows me here ?” Logan answers, shaking his head.

“He can’t ! it’s a safe-room, remember ? just hurry...we are “caution” already, he’ll kill us” she shouts back.

“Okay, give me the game-pad, I will kick his ” adds Su-Ryeon once they healed Jill. Su-Ryeon leads Jill outside and fires at the Nemesis.

“What did you do just now ? how come she dodged that rocket ?” Asks Logan stunned.

“You need to press the aim button when he’s firing, that’s all” explains Su-Ryeon.

Nemesis falls on the ground defeated.

“I got you real good, Nemesis, son of a ” exults Su-Ryeon after vanquishing the monster. Logan looked at her with surprise.

“Son of a ? how come Su-Ryeon-ssi is so elegant even when she is cursing” praise Logan

“I am elegant when I am cursing ? no way…” she answers, turning her head toward him.

“Of course you are...it sounded so expensive right now...just tell it one more time”

“Nemesis...son of a ” she repeats, making him laugh.

They play some more before saving the game and switching off the TV.


Author's notes

 

I wrote this a very long time ago and kinda forgot about releasing it. That's too bad, Christmas passed already...

(Did you get the meaning of each present ?)

Su-Ryeon : She offer him her dream (painting) and her time (the watch)

Logan : He wishes to become one with her (the melted rubies and sapphires) and to give back the time she lost (with the Playstation and the game she wished to play long ago)

What a deep meaning for a mere playstation, right ?

All because I wanted them to play games and her to swear like in the commentary’s video :)