Chapter 01 - Reincarnated into the Modern World

Modern Day Cultivator

Tens of thousands of years ago, I had reached the realm of Deity and I continued to cultivate to reach the peak of the Deity Realm. Due to the scarcity of cultivating resources, I was in constant conflict with the other three Deity rank cultivators and there were many times where we fought. It began as a friendly competition between the four of us to see who would get the cultivation material but as the materials got rarer and rarer, small injuries were beginning to become heavy injuries. It was not long before one of the Deity rank cultivators died due to the injuries they sustained and one of the other Deity cultivators ended up using their corpse as cultivation material. It was not long before they targeted the third Deity rank cultivator and me to use our remains to reach the peak of the Deity Realm so the two of us teamed up to slay them. The battle lasted several days with the two of us being able to kill the Deity rank cultivator that was aiming to kill us but both of us had sustained life threatening injuries. I destroyed the remains of the other Deity rank cultivators before blowing myself up so that none of our remains from being used in any way.

When I had blown myself up, I had accepted my death but I had suddenly found myself in the body of a 18 year old male who recently got involved in a car accident which claimed the lives of both his parents. I had no idea how or why I was reincarnated tens of thousands of years after my death and the world had become more devoid of martial energy than in the past. This also explains why there aren’t many people who knew about cultivation and it seemed to have become a fantasy instead of reality. I didn’t have too much trouble getting accustomed to living in the modern world and noone seemed to have become suspicious of me since I was able to explain everything with amnesia caused by the car accident. I had also started to cultivate again since I had all of the knowledge from my previous life and I knew methods of cultivating until the Ancestor Realm without needing too many cultivation materials.

Five years had passed since I had been reincarnated into the modern world and I had learned that the owner of this body was a descendant of mine so I was able to  grow accustomed to the body easily. I attended university since the previous owner of this body seemed to have gotten into university and his parents had saved up money for his education. Both of his parents had life insurance policies and the person responsible for the accident provided a settlement outside of court so I had a decent sum of money for my expenses so I was able to focus on studying. I am now in my fifth year studying oriental medicine since its practice is similar to the healing practices done with cultivation so I would be able to benefit from the knowledge that I’ve accumulated in my previous life. I had also been able to cultivate to 7-star Emperor but my progression has started to slow significantly so I might need to start gathering cultivation materials to keep on processing to the Ancestor Realm. I have also noticed there are cultivators in the modern world but none of them were higher than the Practitioner Realm.

While I was walking on campus, I noticed Eunbi Kwon and Sakura Miyawaki who were cultivators with Eunbi being 9-star Disciple and Sakura being 8-star Disciple. Both girls were popular girls on campus with many guys adoring them and I couldn’t blame them since both girls were beautiful. The first time I had met Eunbi was three years ago when she started attending the university and I had noticed that she was a 2-star Disciple cultivator which was surprising since this was the first time I had met a young cultivator in the modern world. I had also noticed that some of their friends were also cultivators but none of them were of a higher level than Eunbi. I had also noticed there were other students on campus that were cultivators but none of them were at the level of Eunbi. I also noticed that Sakura’s meridians were noticeably damaged meaning that at the rate of her cultivation, there was a chance that her meridians would explode if Sakura makes a breakthrough to the Practitioner Realm. It wasn’t any of my business and if she hasn’t noticed that it is her own fault for not knowing her own body but I decided to say something.

“You should be careful about your cultivation,” I said while walking past Eunbi and Sakura, “Or else you will become bedridden before you make a breakthrough.”

“Wait what,” I heard Sakura say while I kept on walking since there was somewhere I needed to get to right away.

Since my cultivation had nearly halted due to the thin amount of martial energy in the air, I had to start to rely on cultivation materials. I had found that there was a mountain where I would be able to gather the herbs that I could use as cultivation material but I needed to get to the mountain quickly since people were always on the mountain to gather herbs to use as health supplements. I had to take the subway and a bus to get to the mountain as I could tell that there were already many people on the mountain but most of them were near the base of the mountain while I started to climb the mountain to find the herbs that I needed. Since anything with martial energy leaks traces of martial energy that is undetectable for anyone below the King Realm, I would be able to find the herbs that are well-hidden without too much trouble. I walked past the people that were digging near the base of the mountain to find some of the herbs without much luck while I just kept on following the trail of martial energy to find a location that was more enriched in martial energy since it would mean that little to no people had harvested herbs from that location. I ended up spending over half an hour climbing halfway up the mountain before I found a good spot where there were many cultivation materials that have been untouched and then I started harvesting and placing the cultivation materials into a bag I had prepared.

After harvesting for over an hour and the bag that I had prepared was almost overflowing, I headed down the mountain while one of the people that had been digging near the base of the mountain said to me, “Young man, are you leaving already? If you want to find herbs, it takes a lot of time and effort so you shouldn’t give up too quickly especially since you have a lot of energy being young.”

I turned to look at the person calling out to me as I saw a woman in their late 40s or early 50s with a man around the same age before I said to them while showing my nearly overflowing bag, “I’m not giving up, I already gathered plenty and don’t have any more room in my bag so I’m heading home now.”

“How did you find so much in such a short time,” the woman asked me while looking surprised at my bag, “Are you sure that you gathered herbs and not weeds?”

“I’m a 5th year oriental medicine student, I know how to tell herbs from weeds,” I responded to the woman before pointing up the mountain, “If you head higher into the mountain, you will have better luck finding herbs since almost everyone tries gathering herbs from the base of the mountain.”

I headed down the mountain and towards the bus stop with my bag slung over my shoulder as I checked the bus schedule to make sure that I had remembered it correctly before checking on the time. Since I had memorized the correct times on the bus schedule, I had arrived five minutes before the next bus should arrive as I just looked side to side while waiting for the bus to arrive. There seemed to be other people walking up to the bus stop as some of the people were happy that they were able to gather some herbs while there were others that were disappointed since they were unable to find any and ended up spending a lot of time with nothing to show for it. When the bus arrived, I saw that there were many people getting off the bus and heading towards the mountain in hopes of gathering herbs while I was able to find a seat on the bus. While I was sitting on the bus, there were some people that noticed my bag full of herbs and moved closer towards me to ask how I was able to gather so much compared to them. I just explained to everyone that I went higher up on the mountain and were able to find plenty of them since most people stayed near the base of the mountain.

The bus stopped suddenly as I looked towards the front of the bus to see that traffic had completely stopped while one of the riders asked the bus driver, “Why did the bus stop?”

“I am not sure at the moment,” the bus driver responded to the rider, “But it seems like traffic has suddenly stopped, I will need to figure out what has happened so everyone please be patient until then. I will let everyone know once I find out and how much longer it would take before I can get the bus moving.”

I figured that there might have been an accident up ahead since traffic wasn’t usually this bad around this time. I just sighed heavily as it would take hours before traffic would start moving if there had been an accident up ahead. While I was looking out the window and waiting patiently for the bus to start moving, I could feel a slight surge of martial energy from up ahead as I could identify that they were from cultivators of the Practitioner Realm. The fact that traffic had been completely halted due to weak cultivators slightly annoyed me as I got up from my head and got off the bus while the other riders and the bus driver called out to me wondering what I was doing as I walked past them. When I finally got to the scene, I saw a car that had crashed against the guard rail with an elderly man that was battered and bruised while six men in their late 20 or early 30s surrounded him as the strongest among them was an 8-star Practitioner and the weakest was a 5-star Practitioner. I was slightly surprised to see Eunbi was being protected by the elderly man before stepping in when one of the men was starting to attack the elderly man and Eunbi.

“Sunbae,” Eunbi called out to me in surprise as I stepped in between the group of men and the elderly man and Eunbi.

I glanced towards Eunbi while the guy who was attacking was unable to land his attack due to a barrier created from martial energy. When I turned to look back at the man who was attacking, I sent him flying using martial energy before looking at the remaining five men who were surprised and unsure what had just happened. It seemed like they were here on someone else’s order since they had decided to attack instead of leaving after seeing one of their own being sent flying. I just shrugged my shoulders while I sent all of them flying with martial energy as none of them were able to touch me due to being too weak to even break my barrier.

“Do you even know who you offended by doing this,” the strongest of the attackers said to me while I was looking down at him, “You’ll have people of the Master Realm after you now that you stuck your nose in someone else’s business.”

“Are you stupid or something,” I responded while stomping on his chest with my foot that I had coated in martial energy to destroy their meridian so they can no longer cultivate, “You guys couldn’t even touch me and you’re threatening me, you should be grateful that I am just crippling your cultivation instead of killing you. But go ahead and bring all of the Masters and Grandmaster Realm cultivators that you want, I don’t care since I’ll crush like the ants that they are.”

The attacker coughed up blood from having their meridian destroyed while I went to the other attackers to destroy their meridians as well before planning on leaving as Eunbi called out to me, “Sunbae, thank you for saving grandpa and me.”

“It was nothing,” I said to Eunbi while glancing over my shoulder at her, “I’ve already spent enough time on this matter so I’m heading home for today, we can talk about this more another day if you want.”

“Oh okay,” Eunbi said to me while I walked away until I was no longer in sight of anyone before lifting off the ground using martial energy and flying home.

The next day after attending my last lecture for the day, I found Eunbi standing near my classroom as she said to me, “Sunbae, I heard that this is your last lecture for the day so do you have some time?”

“I have time,” I responded to Eunbi, “What do you want?”

“Great, grandpa wants to talk to you about yesterday,” Eunbi responded to me.

I followed Eunbi where a car was waiting for her, Eunbi had gotten into the car and then I got into the car after her while sitting down next to her. When the two of us had gotten into the car, the driver started to drive towards our destination as Eunbi and I didn’t say anything to each other during the duration of the drive. Eunbi seemed to be messing with her phone while I was leaning against the window while looking out everything that was passing by. After some time had passed, the car had stopped in front of a gate that opened up and led up to a mansion. I had heard that Eunbi’s family was well off but I had never expected it to be to this extent as the car drove up the pathway until stopping in front of the mansion where Eunbi’s grandfather was waiting for us.

“Welcome Joowon, it is not every day that I get to welcome such a young grandmaster to my home,” Eunbi’s grandfather said to me while I had an annoyed look on my face which troubled him, “Did I say something wrong?”

“No, it’s nothing,” I responded to Eunbi’s grandfather while shaking my head, “It just something I’ll have to explain to you since noone seems to know.”

“Oh I see,” Eunbi’s grandfather said to me before gesturing towards the mansion, “Let’s go inside and have a chat.”

Eunbi’s grandfather had led Eunbi and I inside of the mansion to the living room where we sat down before Eunbi’s grandfather said to me while lowering his head, “Thank you for saving the lives of my granddaughter and me, I am truly grateful towards you from the bottom of my heart. If there is anything that you want or need from me, you can name it and I will happily present it to you no matter the cost.”

“It’s fine, there is nothing that I need or want right now,” I responded to Eunbi’s grandfather while it felt awkward that he was lowering his head towards me, “Please raise your head, there is no need for you to keep your head lowered.”

“Well even if that is the case for now, please keep it in mind for the future,” Eunbi’s grandfather said to me while raising his head, “You can either tell Eunbi or contact me directly and I will have anything that you need prepared for you.”

“I will keep that in mind,” I responded to Eunbi’s grandfather, “Is there any other reason that you called me to your home?”

“This might be a little presumptuous but please take my granddaughter as your disciple,” Eunbi’s grandfather said to me, “She seems to have some talent in cultivation but I believe that she will be able to blossom under your guidance.”

“If I’m being honest with you, Eunbi’s potential is low so she doesn’t have the qualification to be my disciple,” I said to Eunbi’s grandfather who looked disappointed as well as Eunbi, “But if you just want me to bring her up to the Grandmaster or Spirit Realm than I can take her as my student and do that.”

“Grandmaster or Spirit Realm,” Eunbi’s grandfather said in a confused manner while Eunbi also had a confused look on her face, “Didn’t you say that Eunbi had low potential but you can still bring her up to become a Grandmaster? What is the Spirit Realm?”

“This is what I meant earlier about explaining something since noone seems to know,” I responded to Eunbi’s grandfather, “From my understanding, it seems like you believe that cultivation goes from Disciple, Practitioner, Master, and Grandmaster. But you would be incorrect in thinking that cultivation just ends there since you’ve only touched the basics of cultivation. There are 8 more realms above Grandmaster; Spirit, King, Emperor, Ancestor, Immortal, Half-Saint, Saint, and Deity. I am currently a 7-star Emperor so you can see why I would be annoyed being called a Grandmaster.”

“I apologize for my ignorance, I didn’t know that I was belittling you by calling you a grandmaster,” Eunbi’s grandfather said to me while lowering his head again.

“I told you it was fine,” I responded to Eunbi’s grandfather, “It’s not like you could have known but I have a question for you, have you met a grandmaster before?”

“I witnessed two cultivators of the Grandmaster Realm fight each other due to a conflict between two families,” Eunbi’s grandfather responded to me, “I can remember every moment of the battle until the end.”

“I see,” I responded to Eunbi’s grandfather, “Did you see either of them do this?”

I formed a gauntlet on my arm which surprised Eunbi and her grandfather before Eunbi’s grandfather said to me, “I don’t recall seeing either of them doing that but how were you able to do that?”

“So they only made the breakthrough to Grandmaster but can’t be considered real Grandmaster Realm cultivators,” I said while making the gauntlet disperse before looking at Eunbi’s grandfather, “When a cultivator reaches the Grandmaster Realm, they have accumulated enough martial energy within their body that they will be able to form armaments using martial energy. These armaments are useful in fights as they would provide a better defense than just coating your body with martial energy. Grandmaster Realm cultivators should be able to create a full set of armaments before making a breakthrough to the Spirit Realm if they want to be considered competent.”

“If what you explained is true,” Eunbi’s grandfather said to me while still having a surprised look on his face, “I can see why you can consider them to be only Grandmasters in name alone and wouldn’t be able to compare to a true Grandmaster.”

“Since you took me as your student, what should I call you,” Eunbi asked me while looking at me curiously, “Master? Teacher? Emperor?”

“Just call me ‘Teacher’, it would feel the least awkward,” I responded to Eunbi, “Since today is your first day as my student, I should help you make a breakthrough to the Practitioner Realm. I have two methods to help you make a breakthrough; the first is injecting your body with martial energy to force a breakthrough in an instant but it is a painful process or the second you cultivate the martial energy that I have gathered but it will take some time before you make a breakthrough. You can choose which method you want to do, it won’t matter which one you choose since you will make a breakthrough to the Practitioner Realm by the end of the day.”

“I choose the second method,” Eunbi answered me after giving it some thought.

“Okay, just close your eyes and cultivate,” I responded to Eunbi before starting to gather martial energy and gather it around Eunbi, “Now slowly take in the martial energy around you into your body and circulate it through your meridian to make a breakthrough to the Practitioner Realm.”

“Yes, Teacher,” Eunbi responded to me while following my instructions, “This feeling is incredible, this is my first time feeling so much martial energy in one place.”

“It’s because I’m drawing all of the martial energy within a kilometer to this location,” I responded to Eunbi, “So just focus on cultivating to make a breakthrough to the Practitioner Realm and then you will be able to do the same but on a smaller scale.”

“Yes, Teacher,” Eunbi responded to me.

I could feel that Eunbi was able to absorb some of the martial energy into her body and it was circulating in her meridians. It seemed like I didn’t need to draw all of the martial energy within a kilometer to help Eunbi make a breakthrough since she was unable to absorb all of the martial energy so I started to shorten the range that I was drawing martial energy from. I kept on shortening the range until it was only 500 meters and Eunbi was absorbing a majority of the martial energy that I was drawing while I knew that it was going to take some time before Eunbi was going to make a breakthrough. I just maintained drawing martial energy while monitoring Eunbi to see how much longer it was going to take before she made a breakthrough. When Eunbi was able to make a breakthrough to the Practitioner Realm, two hours had passed and Eunbi looked exhausted from making the breakthrough.

“Was my granddaughter able to make a breakthrough,” Eunbi’s grandfather asked after rushing into the living room while I nodded my head and then he looked at Eunbi, “I can’t believe you were able to make a breakthrough, I had thought that it was going to take another year.”

“It is all thanks to Teacher,” Eunbi said to her grandfather as she looked at me while breathing heavily, “If it wasn’t for him helping me, it might have taken me a year to make a breakthrough.”

“Now that you are of the Practitioner Realm, you will be able to draw martial energy from an area around you instead of just the martial energy that is touching you,” I said to Eunbi, “But even though you are able to draw martial energy, making a breakthrough won’t become any easier as it will depend on your hardwork and dedication.”

“Teacher, I have a few friends that I consider another family,” Eunbi said to me in a respectful tone, “Would you be able to help them make a breakthrough to the Practitioner Realm as well?”

“I can help your friends but if you’re including Sakura, she should get treatment before cultivating any further,” I said to Eunbi, “I believe you two should have heard my warning about her being careful about her cultivation since she will become bedridden by the time she makes a breakthrough.”

“Oh that was Teacher,” Eunbi said to me while looking surprised, “The two of us had heard that but were not sure who had said that, it frightened us since there were only a few people who knew that we are cultivators. But I am not sure what you mean by treatment since it seems like Sakura is fine, is there something wrong with her?”

“Sakura’s meridians are damaged,” I responded to Eunbi, “I am not sure if it is due to something wrong with her cultivating, something she ate that can damage the meridians, or if it is something she was born with. But in any of those cases, Sakura will need to receive treatment to prevent any more damage to her meridians before continuing to cultivate.”

“Does Sakura have to find a special doctor that can treat the meridians,” Eunbi asked me while looking at me curiously, “Or can Teacher treat her?”

“I am able to treat Sakura no matter which is the cause for her damaged meridians so there is no need to find a doctor,” I responded to Eunbi, “You have to find a doctor that is a cultivator to be able to treat damaged meridians and even then they might not be able to treat Sakura. It will just be better if I treat Sakura so that she can receive proper treatment right away instead of risking her meridians getting worse if Sakura gets treated by someone who doesn’t know what they are doing. Will it be fine for me to provide treatment for Sakura since it will be better to do it in private?”

“Of course, feel free to use my home however you wish,” Eunbi’s grandfather said to me while nodding his head, “Anything for my granddaughter’s teacher and the person that saved the lives of my granddaughter and me.”

“Since it seems like there are people after your life, I’ll prepare something for you,” I said to Eunbi’s grandfather, “So try not leaving your home unless it is necessary until I’ve given you something to protect you.”

“I will do as you say,” Eunbi’s grandfather said to me, “But how should I address you from now on since calling you ‘Master’ or ‘Grandmaster’ seems disrespectful?”

“You can call me ‘Teacher' or ‘Teacher Kim’ since I accepted being Eunbi’s Teacher,” I responded to Eunbi’s grandfather after giving it some thought.

“Yes, Teacher Kim,” Eunbi’s grandfather said to me, “There is nothing more I have to speak with you and if you are finished, let me have someone take you home.”

“Thank you, I appreciate that,” I responded to Eunbi’s grandfather.

Eunbi and her grandfather walked me out of the mansion while the driver that had brought Eunbi and me drove up to the front of the mansion. I said my goodbye to Eunbi and her grandfather before getting into the car and the driver drove me home after I gave him my address. When I returned home, the first thing I did was look for the tools that I needed to treat Sakura as I knew that I had placed the tools somewhere but didn’t remember where I placed them. After finding the tools, I drew a protection array onto a piece of paper while imbuing my martial energy to create a protection talisman for Eunbi’s grandfather before creating another for Eunbi. When I was done with all of the preparations for the next day, I started to use the herbs that I had gathered to create pills using spiritual flame created from my martial energy as a batch of herbs was able to create fifteen pills. I used five of the pills to break into the 8-star Emperor and then the remaining ten pills to break into the 9-star Emperor while using the remaining martial energy from the pills to solidify the foundation of my cultivation.

The next day, Eunbi was waiting with Sakura for me near the classroom of my final lecture for the day as Eunbi said to me, “I hope you had a good class, Teacher.”

“It was fine,” I responded to Eunbi before looking at Sakura who was looking at the two of us strangely, “Seems like you didn’t explain what happened to Sakura, does she even know why you brought her along.”

“I was unable to explain everything to Sakura since I didn’t have the chance,” Eunbi responded. “I just told Sakura that she needed to come with me and she agreed.”

“Alright, you can explain everything in the car,” I said to Eunbi while walking past her as Eunbi followed behind me and Sakura followed Eunbi.

The driver was waiting at the same spot as yesterday with the car while the driver held the door open for the three of us to get into the back of the car. Sakura was the first to get into the car followed by Eunbi and then me as the three of us were sitting closely in the back of the car while the driver closed the door and headed to the driver’s seat of the car to head to Eunbi’s grandfather’s mansion. Eunbi started to explain everything that had happened starting from when Eunbi and her grandfather were attacked by people sent to kill them and were rescued by me. Eunbi described how I had sent the attackers flying without touching them and then destroyed their meridians to prevent them from attacking Eunbi and her grandfather again. Eunbi went on to explain how everything they knew about cultivation was only the beginning and how I was someone who has reached a higher realm than believed possible. Eunbi finally explained to Sakura how she had become my student and breaking into the Practitioner Realm yesterday with my help. After Eunbi had finished explaining the situation, Sakura was curious about what was the point of her coming along to which Eunbi told Sakura that I had promised to help their friends make a breakthrough to the Practitioner Realm and how Sakura would need to receive treatment for her damaged meridians before she can resume cultivating.

“That just sounds hard to believe,” Sakura responded to Eunbi after hearing the explanation, “You wouldn’t lie to me about these kinds of things and I don’t see how you would benefit from lying to me about anything you told me. But how are you sure that Joowon Sunbae is not lying to you?”

Eunbi looked surprised before glancing over to me and then back to Sakura while saying, “Since everything that Teacher has shown to grandpa and me surpasses the Grandmaster Realm so we chose to believe him. It would be foolish to ignore what someone is saying just because it is something that you have never heard of before.”

“If Eunbi Unnie believes him, I’ll believe as well,” Sakura said to Eunbi before looking at me, “I apologize for suspecting you.”

“It’s fine, you only did it because you’re worried that Eunbi is being tricked,” I responded to Sakura while smiling at her, “There was nothing malicious behind it.”

“Did you check your bank account,” Eunbi asked me, “Even though you told grandpa you didn’t need anything, he transferred ₩500 million to your bank account to show his gratitude for saving his and my life as well as for accepting me as your student and helping me break into the Practitioner Realm.”

“I hadn’t checked,” I responded to Eunbi before opening my banking app on my phone and saw the money that Eunbi’s grandfather had transferred, “I didn’t do any of that for money but I will accept it since it is his way of showing me gratitude.”

Eunbi just smiled after hearing that I would accept it as we drove through the gates surrounding Eunbi’s grandfather’s mansion and drove up the way to the front of the mansion where Eunbi’s grandfather was waiting for us. While the three of us were getting out of the car, Eunbi’s grandfather greeted me respectfully before leading Eunbi, Sakura, and me into the living room of the mansion. While the four of us were sitting in the living room, I took out two envelopes each containing a protection talismans that I had created and handed it to Eunbi and her grandfather. When Eunbi and her grandfather opened the envelopes and saw the protection talismans before looking at me confused as they seemed to be unsure about what to say.

“These aren’t like other talismans since they were created by me,” I said to Eunbi and her grandfather before I attempted to strike Eunbi as she flinched but was stopped as a barrier, “It is slightly stronger than the barrier that the two of you saw when I dealt with your attackers, it is strong enough to protect you from the attacks of anyone in the King Realm or lower so you should also be fine from guns and explosions. I would have inscribed the protection array onto something else if I had the materials but these should be enough to protect you.”

“Thank you, these will be enough,” Eunbi and Eunbi’s grandfather said to me.

“Now let’s move onto Sakura,” I said before looking at Sakura, “Can we use one of the rooms that has a bed since it would be much easier to examine and treat her if she is laying down instead of sitting?”

“What kind of treatment are you going to give me,” Sakura asked me.

“It depends on what is caused the damage to your meridians,” I responded to Sakura before pulling out a metal container, “If there is something wrong with your cultivation method or you were unlucky and born with damaged meridians, I would just need to treat your with acupuncture with these silver needles. If it is due to something that you ate, you would just need to take medication but I highly doubt that this is the cause because there are very few things in the world that could be ingested that would damage the meridians that wouldn’t also hinder your physical abilities.”

“Where did Teacher Kim receive silver needles,” Eunbi’s grandfather said to me while looking curiously at the metal container, “I know that getting silver needles is difficult and extremely expensive due to not many places sell these.”

“I got them off a con-artist that was tricking people into believing that they were treating them when they didn’t have the skills,” I responded to Eunbi’s grandfather, “These could be considered compensation for sparing his life and I’ve already made sure that they are authentic before letting him go.”

“We can use the room that I use whenever I stay over at Grandpa’s,” Eunbi suggested while getting up from the couch and looking at her grandfather, “We’re going to head up to my room so that Sakura can receive treatment from Teacher.”

“Okay, let me know if you need anything,” Eunbi’s grandfather said while smiling.

Eunbi led Sakura and me to her room on the second floor as Sakura and Eunbi entered the room while I stopped and Eunbi asked me, “Is there something wrong, Teacher?”

“I’ll give you some time to prepare for the examination,” I said to Sakura.

“What kind of preparation do I need to do,” Sakura asked me while looking confused.

“You’re going to have to take off your shirt,” I said to Sakura who looked at me hesitantly, “I can’t perform acupuncture through your clothes.”

“I’ll help get Sakura ready and call for you,” Eunbi said to me while pushing Sakura into the room and then closing the door behind her.

I leaned against the wall and waited until Eunbi had finished helping Sakura get ready as she opened the door while saying, “You can come inside now, Teacher.”

I looked around Eunbi’s room as I entered before looking at the bed where Sakura was laying on her stomach with her back exposed. I could see that Sakura’s face was red with embarrassment as I got closer towards the bed while I could understand why there were many male students who were infatuated with her. I took a seat on the bed before moving closer towards Sakura while Eunbi took a seat on the bed and began moving closer as well. Sakura seemed to have done a good job maintaining her skin and it was smooth as I placed my hand on her back in between her shoulder blades. I had my martial energy enter into her body from my hand that was touching Sakura’s back while Sakura let out a groan and then my martial energy travelled throughout Sakura’s body through her meridians. I was already able to tell the cause of her damaged meridians but I needed to know exactly how much damage was done to her meridian and where her meridians were damaged so that I could give her proper treatment.

“So you are just extremely unlucky,” I said to Sakura while withdrawing my martial energy from Sakura’s body and removing my hand from her back, “You were born with an irregular flow of martial energy through your meridian, you would have been fine if you lived a normal life. But due to your choice of becoming a cultivator, this birth defect started to show itself and luckily I had noticed it before it got any worse. If you had reached the Practitioner Realm without receiving treatment, you would have become bedridden and your meridian would have destroyed itself.”

“Is it something that can be treated,” Eunbi asked me.

“It’s treatable as long as you know what you’re doing,” I responded to Eunbi before opening the metal container and taking out one of the silver needles, “Sakura, you just need to remain on your stomach until the end of the treatment so try to do that no matter if it feels strange or painful.”

“Okay,” Sakura responded to me before I pierced her skin with the silver needle after  applying my martial energy into it.

When I inserted each needle applied with my martial energy into Sakura’s back, the damaged meridian near the needle was repaired by my martial energy. After inserting a total of eighteen needles applied with my martial energy, I checked to make sure that all of the damages that had been done to Sakura’s meridian was repaired. Since Sakura’s meridian had been completely healed, I moved onto the next step of Sakura’s treatment as I poured my martial energy into her body through the silver needles. This step could be considered the most difficult since my cultivation was seven realms higher than Sakura’s, I needed to maintain perfect control of my martial energy while it circulated through Sakura’s meridian to prevent destroying it. Unlike when I was examining Sakura’s meridian or applying martial energy to the silver needles, I was using a significantly larger amount of martial energy that could cause Sakura’s meridians to burst if I didn’t maintain perfect control. I had to keep on circulating my martial energy around Sakura’s body through her meridians to correct the irregular flow of martial energy. When I could sense that the irregular flow of martial energy was no longer present, I pulled my martial energy out of Sakura’s body before leaning back and breathing heavily while sweating.

“Teacher, are you okay,” Eunbi asked me while looking concerned, “Was there something wrong with Sakura’s treatment?”

“I’m fine, just exhausted from performing the treatment,” I responded to Eunbi while wiping the sweat with my sleeve, “The treatment was a perfect success and Sakura should now feel like she made a breakthrough to the Practitioner Realm.”

I started to remove the silver needles from Sakura’s back while Eunbi looked at Sakura and asked, “Do you feel like you made a breakthrough?”

“Yea, I can feel the difference in my body,” Sakura said to Eunbi, “But during the treatment, I could feel a monsterous martial energy circulating through my body and I can assume that it was Joowon Sunbae’s. I think I can believe everything that Joowon Sunbae had told you after feeling his martial energy.”

“But Teacher, how was Sakura able to make a breakthrough from 8-star Disciple to 1-star Practitioner,” Eunbi asked me while looking at me curiously, “It didn’t seem like you did either of the methods that you told me yesterday.”

“You can consider that I used a third method,” I responded to Eunbi, “If a higher rank cultivator circulate their martial energy through your meridians, you might be able to make a breakthrough when they remove their martial energy from your meridians since some of their martial energy remains in your body. But it is considered the most dangerous since it has the risk of destroying your meridians if the person circulating their martial energy through your meridian is much stronger than you and doesn’t have perfect control of their martial energy. Since I am seven realms higher than Sakura, I had to remove all of my martial energy from her body since even a small percentage of it would be too much from Sakura’s meridian to handle but her martial energy was able to absorb a miniscule amount of my martial energy while I was treating her.”

“Ah I understand,” Eunbi said to me respectfully, “Thank you for your explanation.”

“Thank you for the treatment,” Sakura said to me while getting up and bowing.

I turned my head almost immediately but briefly saw Sakura’s topless body while Eunbi was shocked and said, “Sakura, what are you doing?”

“Oh my gosh,” Sakura said, sounding embarrassed, “You didn’t see anything, right?”

“I didn’t see anything,” I lied to Sakura to prevent the situation from getting more awkward before getting up from the bed while avoiding looking at Sakura’s direction, “I will show myself out.”

I walked out of Eunbi’s room while sighing heavily as I said to myself, “She flashed me in return for treatment, that image will be hard to get out of my head.”


This is the first chapter of Modern Day Cultivator, I hope that you enjoyed the story
Please comment on what you thought of the story, what you liked or disliked
Kinda want to test the waters if there are people who want to read these kinds of stories
Before moving onto a different idea or concept