The World Between Us

STILL (One Shot)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The autumn breeze that feels tingly against his skin made he pull his jacket closer to him. His eyes stare at the sky that starts to turn orange as the sun sets. 

 

Hanbin takes a deep breath and the smell of salty sea go through his nose, it smells like medicine, with a hint of coconut near the stalls that he had just passed. He let a long sigh as he throws his stare on the vast beach in front of him. The gold-like sea looked dozy as its waves gently drenching the sand. 

 

He continued his walk to a familiar bench near the shady tree, a place he used to hang out back then and take a sit on it. He always went here once or twice every six months for four years after he graduated from university in this district. 

 

He doesn't even know why he is doing that. This place is so peaceful that it helps him relax after a long day at work. This place, too, holds so many memories to him, as he always spent time here with the person that he used to love, or maybe, still love today. It feels like he trying to grab every memory he has with her. Guess he misses her so much. 

 

Hanbin looked at the bench where he's sitting and gently on it. Everything looks so familiar to him, the scenery, the mood, the scent... He chuckled when he remembers the sweet rosy perfume that she used to wear. His nose reminds that of how it smells mixed up with a misty sea breeze that whispers the songs of the ocean, with winds gently flutter her long dark hair. 

 

He closes his eyes as he reminds how she feels annoyed by the wind because it ruined her hair that she neatly prepared before she met him, and the way she pouted her pinkie lips. What a darling and she is so lovely. 

 

They met while working on a festival project at their college four years ago, she is the vice president of the art club, and he is the president of the music club. Both clubs were chosen as the festival's hosts that year. 

 

He only heard about her and how beautiful and talented she is, but he had never had a chance to meet her until their first project meeting.

 

 

—————————

 

 

"How long do we'll have to wait, Jaewon?" Hanbin lifted his brows, annoyed because he has other plans tonight.

 

"I'm sorry, Hanbin. She is rarely this late". The president of the art club, Jaewon, plastered a smile on him. 

 

Hanbin let a sigh and thoughts, 'I don't care if they said she's pretty or whatsoever, but this woman pissed me off- ' 

 

 

Knock. Knock. 

 

 

All eyes in the room went to the door, which was opened, and a head popped out. Then a cute tiny girl with a brown cardigan came in. "I'm sorry that I'm late," she said with a smile.

 

"Oh Hayi, finally," Jaewon exclaimed, relievedly. 

 

Hanbin is taken aback as he stares at the figure. 'Whoa,' so it's her. The rumours he heard were true. She is very beautiful. 

 

His eyes trail her movement to a vacant chair next to Jaewon, which is directly in front of him. 

 

"Hanbin, close your mouth, stupid," Yunhyeong whisper in his ear. Hanbin close his lips and maintain a stiff demeanour, but his eyes still locked to her. 

 

Hanbin admiring her beauty, even with minimal makeup, she looked stunning. Hayi lifted her head and their eyes locked on each other. 

 

Oh, God. Her dark orb eyes are so beautiful, it feels like they him into it. His heart pounding in his chest, and his hands were cold. Is this how people described love at the first sight? 

 

"You're Hanbin, right?" Hayi said. Oh my, even her voice saying his name, sounds so angelic. He gave a gentle nod, a smile formed on his lips. Hanbin put his hand on his chest in an attempt to calm his racing heart. 

 

He suddenly feels like an idiot, and his charisma has collapsed on the floor. He grinned, if he knew he'd be meeting an angel, he wouldn't even mind waiting a thousand years.

 

That night he hardly sleeps because his mind kept wondering how pretty Hayi is. His anger also dissipated just like bubbles in the ocean when she smiled at him explaining her idea about the project. 

 

He felt like he's drowning in that smile and he can't get enough of it. 

 

 

—————————

 

 

Hanbin is not the type to be concerned with love, but this woman made him to. They became closer thr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter