(づ ◕‿◕ )づ

Tiktok Video

It was already getting dark on the streets of Jeonju. Hunter was with his friends visiting South Korea for the very first time. They have been to different cities and their last stop was at Jeonju.

He left them drinking because he needed to upload a Tiktok video tomorrow. Due to the language barrier it was getting difficult for him. He walked around the busy street looking for someone that he can interview until he stumbled upon an outside karaoke.

A girl introducing herself in English was about to start what appears to be a busking. Well it was the street where most foreigners hang out during the night. He wasn’t surprised. Thinking about it he taps his forehead getting annoyed of not thinking about it since they got there.

“I should have went here to film my video.” Hunter said to himself.

A little crowd was already forming while the girl was setting up her tip basket. Hunter walked closer, took out a 100 dollar bill and placed it on the duck shaped basket. Wheein’s eyes widen seeing the big amount and she haven’t even started singing yet. She looked at the man, bowed and said thank you over and over again.

Who wouldn’t? She is actually set for 2 days already from his tip alone.

“Do you have any song request? I can sing songs in English too.” Wheein offered. It’s the biggest tip that was given to her since she started busking for about a year now. She wants to give the man at least what he wants to hear.

“Actually is it okay if I ask you a question or questions?” Hunter inquired. He thinks his problem just got solved.

“Ask away mister.” Wheein replied.

“Hunter. The name is Hunter.” The man said offering her a smile hoping and praying that she would agree. “You see I do Tiktok videos and I just ask questions from strangers. Is it okay if I film you?”

“Depends on the questions.” Wheein answered. She’s contemplating to be honest but it won’t hurt to help out a stranger.

“Its an easy one don’t worry.” Hunter answered smiling at her.

“Okay.” Wheein replied with a small smile.

Finally! He thought.

He hurriedly took his phone out, opened the camera app and press record.

“What’s the name of your first love and why did you fall in love with them?” Hunter asked.

Wheein automatically smiled remembering her. “I guess it was the way her eyes disappears whenever she smiles. The way she says shimkoong as a joke whenever I touch her mandu cheeks that I love squishing.” Wheein was trying to stop herself from smiling more remembering those times.

“How did you two meet and sorry what is her name?” Hunter asked laughing a little since Wheein forgot to answer the first question. He is used to this scenario. He is used to getting no names at first because he knows they are trying to picture their first love.

“Our flight to Jeju was delayed due to a storm and we had to stay at the airport hotel for 2 days. She was one of our flight cabin crew so she assisted us settling in while the storm was raging. For some reason there was karaoke on one of the function rooms so some of us sang some songs.” Wheein said looking like a love struck girl picturing that faithed scene.

Hunter waited for her to continue. He knows Wheein will say more and she did.

“Some of the passengers were singing including me then we asked the crew to sing with us.” Wheein’s smile got bigger. She can’t help herself. “I guess I also fell in love with the way she sang her soul out. She was blooming hitting those high notes.” Wheein continued laughing a bit. She remembered the audience was so quite after the crew’s performance.

She also remember seeing that the girl was about to cave in getting no reaction from the crowd, embarrassed maybe. She later learned that the girl has a stage fright.

She didn’t know they were actually speechless. For some reason Wheein stood up and touched her cheek that was tainted by a lone tear.

“Shimkoong” the older girl said as she looked at Wheein’s face. Next thing they know the crowd was teasing them because the mic picked up what she said. Praises were heard next as they shout Encore.

“How long have you been together?” Hunter asked.

“Oh we’re not together. You can say that it was a winter romance. Something that I will never forget. We were going around Jeju since she doesn’t know when’s her next schedule but was suddenly got called for an emergency flight. I wasn’t able to get her number.” Wheein said. Her radiant smile was exchanged with a sad one and the camera perfectly captured the transition.

“Well I hope you meet her again. Thank you and nice to meet you.” Hunter said ending the recording. He can easily edit this later with some of the still pictures he took of Jeonju.

“You sure you’re not going to request any song?” Wheein still asked. She still feels that the tip is too big just for one small video.

Hunter suddenly got an idea. “Is it okay if I film this song request?” He asked. Wheein smiled at him and nodded. He took out his phone again and press the record.

“Can you sing Honey by Kehlani?” Hunter asked.

Wheein smiled chuckling a little and said “Absolutely”. Destiny has its own ways.

“Oh one more thing. You still hasn’t said her name.” Hunter asked.

“Yongsun.. Her name is Kim Yongsun.” Wheein said as she punch the number for the song. She didn’t need to look up the code for it. She knows it by heart since she usually sings it whenever she thinks about the older girl.