chapter 003

The Comic Book Dude

6 hours into the MV shooting and Jinah has yet to face Hyunjin after what happened inside the tent. Jinah blamed Hyunjin’s scent which made her almost succumb into whatever that feeling was.  

I almost kissed him and it’s been 2 days since I met him. 

“Jinah stand by next to Hyunjin, Han and Felix on set 4.” 

Nodding her head at Sohee who was on the other side of the set Jinah begrudgingly walked over to the set which she was supposed to stand by for. From far she could see Hyunjin and Han sitting with portable fans while Felix was waiting for her to fix his hair. 

“I think I pulled on my extensions and now I think it will fall off if I move too much.” Felix mumbled in a sorry tone feeling guilty for messing up the style his makeup artist did. 

“Johyun is busy right now with something else so I’ll fix it for you if that’s okay.” 

Felix nodded and obediently sat down on a chair while Jinah fixed his hair. 

Felix and Jinah exchanged some light conversations through the process and Jinah realized that Felix was such a soft-hearted kid behind that deep voice of his.   

“I miss eating Vegemite, I love vegemite and so does Chan Hyung.” Jinah could feel the sadness in his voice. 

“I bought vegemite from a store but didn’t have time to eat it and it was in the dorm. I.N had tasted it and thought it was spoilt so he threw it away.”  

The absurdness in the situation had Jinah laughing out loud with her hands shaking.  

Hyunjin on the other hand kept stealing glances at Jinah who was busy chatting up with Felix. He could see Jinah clearly from where he sat. He could spot a few wet spots on the back of her white T shirt where she had sweated. Her hair was peaking from beneath her cap in a mess. Her face was glistening with droplets of sweat and every once in a while, a small breeze would sweep through making her sigh. Hyunjin was mesmerized. He wanted to get closer to her by instinct. He just wanted to feel her breath once more. He wanted her to touch him with her finger tips. 

“Yō!” 

Hyunjin jerked his head at the loud voice next to him. Quickly swallowing the saliva, he whacked Han with the portable fan before focusing his eyes on an ant on the ground. 

“What happened to you? You look distracted dude.” Han inquired. If only he knew. 

Hyunjin shook his head hoping he would drop the case. The sudden scent of Jinah hit him before he could see or hear her. She had finished patching up Felix and was now ready to work on him and Han. 

“I’ll fix you two up before you go on for the shoot” Jinah excused herself before she got working with Han.  

“Is this yours? Can I have it?” Han pointed at the pack of sweet chocolates poking out from Jinah’s carry-on bag.  

“Yeah sure, go ahead.” 

Han giddily opened up the pack and offered to Hyunjin who declined. Shrugging him off, Han excitedly popped a few in his mouth. Naturally he offered to Jinah as well who absentmindedly opened for him to pop the chocolate in . 

“Woah these are so good!” 

“I got them sent from home. We used to eat these as kids.”  Jinah patted Han’s shoulder telling him that he was ready to move on to the shoot. 

“When you buy next time bring some for me too.” Han walked away after handing the half-eaten pack to Hyunjin who was next to touch up.  

Just when Jinah was about to get Hyunjin seated, a heavy rain started out of nowhere.  Jinah on instinct ducked Hyunjin’s head under her arm not realizing how tall the dude actually was. Poor Hyunjin had to bend in two to stay on his feet. The rain started pouring really heavily and with quick instinct and some weird feeling from the bottom of his stomach Hyunjin looked around before pulling Jinah along with him to a small opening between a wall and the house of whatever that was. It looked like a traditional house to be exact. He could hear the staff inside the house. The tiny space was cramped and it could only fit the two of them there. If Hyunjin or Jinah used their brains properly they could have gotten inside the house rather than getting stuck here but Hyunjin secretly liked it. He could feel Jinah close to him and he liked it. She felt warm. 

Jinah let go of Hyunjin’s neck as soon as she realized what she had done. 

“On I'm sorry. I didn’t mean-” 

Hyunjin chuckled lightly before waving her apology off. “It’s okay I didn’t get wet thanks to that but-” he stopped mid-way when he realized that even if he didn’t get wet, she had. Without a second of pause he quickly un-tied the red jacket from his waist and covered Jinah up to hide her slightly wet T shirt. Clearing his throat before straightening himself up he looked out to see the rain pouring really heavily. 

“I guess we’re stuck here for a while then.” 

Jinah followed his eyes and nodded. “Might as well patch you up when I have the time.” 

She took out a pin comb and tissues from her bag before getting on her toe tips to reach Hyunjin. And just as if it was a habit Hyunjin reached down. Their eye levels matched perfectly and Jinah could feel his breath in her face whenever he exhaled. She could literally count how many lashes he had.  

Hyunjin was in a dilemma. He could get a waft of the chocolate smell whenever Jinah exhaled. He wanted to taste the chocolate now but the devil inside his head taunted him by saying that the chocolate would taste better off of her lips.  

“You have pretty eyes.” 

Jinah’s moves faltered when Hyunjin complimented her out of nowhere.  

“Huh? Oh, thank you,” 

It was silent again. Hyunjin watched as her eyes darted across his head and how her lips would occasionally twitch at certain things and how her tongue would poke out just because she was so concentrated. Darn those lips of hers. 

“You can have a chocolate you know; it won’t hurt you.” Jinah pointed at the half-eaten pack in Hyunjin’s hands.  

But instead of eating one himself, he offered one piece to Jinah. Offered as in gently placed a piece right on her lips and nudged her to eat it from his hands. Jinah's eyes darted across his face before slowly parting her lips to let him pop the chocolate in . Unknowingly Hyunjin’s lips parted as well when he popped the chocolate in . His fingers grazed her lips and he swore he saw something flash in her eyes the moment he dragged his fingers over her lips before letting it drop to his side.  

A deafening thunder broke right then making Jinah jump high and almost fall on her bum. But Hyunjin was quick enough to grab her from her hips and pull her flush into him.  

“Sorry I’m scared of thunder.” Her voice was shaking she was terrified of thunder. She had mini panic attacks every time. Even now she had trouble breathing. 

Hyunjin understood what was going on without a word. He gently pulled her face between his palms and looked right in her eyes while covering her ears. 

“Breathe Jinah, you’re fine. I'm here. Thunder isn’t going to hurt you. Breathe.”  

Jinah had stopped chewing the chocolate and it was still stuck to one side of her cheek making her cheek full and her lips were parted making it easier for her to breathe. She could feel Hyunjin’s cold fingers slowly caressing her ear lobes while he breathed in tune with her, helping her calm down.  

Jinah’s face felt extremely hot in Hyunjin’s hands and wondered why for a moment. He could care less about how he didn’t know Jinah for more than 2 days or how they are stuck in a cramped space while his manager and mates were right behind this wall. All he could see was Jinah, with eyes like a deer and lips so sinful parted just slightly enough to breath in and out. He poked Jinah’s cheek with his thumb to remind her to swallow the chocolate.  

“Eat the chocolate Jinah!” he smiled slightly before nudging her to swallow. But the smile vanished the moment Jinah’s tongue darted out to her lips. She looked up at Hyunjin through her long eye lashes before closing her eyes to savour the chocolate and steady her beating heart. Why hasn’t he let me go?  

Hyunjin tightened his hand on one side of her head and slipped the other to her neck where he pulled her closer to him. 

“Hyunjin wh-” 

He Sh'd her before pulling her flush against his body. With the hand on her neck, he slowly made circles on her neck before catching her eyes with his. He really wanted to taste the chocolate and he did just that. 

He dipped down slightly and caught her lips in an open kiss. A slight groan left Hyunjin’s throat the moment their lips crashed. Jinah struggled for 2 seconds before she melted right into Hyunjin.  

Hyunjin was a young man with raging emotions to begin with and Jinah made all of his emotions run wild just by walking and talking. How? He had no idea

Hyunjin grabbed the back of her neck before deepening the kiss, he let go of her face and pulled her closer by her hips. He could taste the sweetness of the chocolate and he was right. It tasted good off of her. Her lips were wet and warm. Like a warm blanket. Jinah grabbed the front of his shirt to hold herself steady and she could feel her legs go weak as the seconds passed and the kiss deepened. Hyunjin lightly nipped at her bottom lip making Jinah meowl into the kiss which in turn earned a deep growl from him.He's kissed many girls but none like her. Her body was hot to his touch underneath the fabric and Hyunjin wanted more. 

“Jinah! Come through.”  

The two of them pulled apart just ever so slightly when Sohee’s voice rang from Jinah’s little device. The two of them chuckled together with no awkwardness whatsoever. Hyunjin grabbed her face one last time to peck her nose before letting her go.  

“The chocolate tasted good.”  

Jinah’s mouth dropped open when he threw a wink her way. This little kid! Oh, wait I just kissed this little kid! Jinah what the actual ? 

“Jinah if Hyunjin is with you please have him ready in 10. Send him to set 5 after the rain stops.” 

Jinah replied back with an okay before she took a small step back from Hyunjin. 

“Hyunjin we can’t do that; I work for you.” 

Hyunjin just shrugged. “Well, you didn’t complain when I kissed you.” 

Jinah poked Hyunjin with the makeup brush before nagging him.  

“You need to be more aware of your surroundings Hyunjin. I mean, yes we were caught up in the moment but that was it.” 

Caught up in the moment? Hyunjin was definitely more than caught up in the moment.  but then again, she could be right.  

“Yeah okay, but I liked it.” 

Chuckling and swatting Hyunjin’s hands from her lips Jinah quickly finished his touch ups and sent him on his way to the set but not before handing him his jacket back and fitting it around him. 

The shooting had started at night and it was now near 7 in the morning of the next day but everyone was still energetic as ever. Jinah had no clue how. She was dozing off at any given time. She had been on standby for Han and Felix the whole time after the rain. It felt like Hyunjin was avoiding her after the kiss which made her question herself.

Did I say anything offensive? I mean it was a kiss in the moment, right? He can’t like me. I'm just an ordinary foreign girl that works for him. He obviously has celebrity girls. 

“Hi Rosie!” 

Bang Chan had changed into comfortable clothes which meant that the shoot ended for the day and will be starting again in a few hours after everybody had time to rest. 

“Not sleeping?” Bang Chan sat opposite of Jinah while munching on an apple. 

Stretching her arms Jinah pointed behind her to show him the arranged make up desks and clothes. “I just finished arranging them for the evening. I’ll catch some sleep when Sohee comes back. She went to get the accessories from Felix and Changbin.” 

“You sound a bit off. Did anything upset you? Is it hard working here?” 

Aww, he indeed is a such a great person. Jinah shook her head. She didn’t want to admit that Hyunjin’s behavior after the kiss was bothering her but it really was starting to irk her a bit.   

“Just feeling a bit overwhelmed. It was my first time working through a whole night until the sun came up on the next day.” 

Bang Chan giggled before acknowledging her “Yeah, I get what you mean. But yeah, welcome to world of Idols!” 

Jinah chuckled when he made jazz hands with the apple in his mouth. Bang Chan was seriously such an easy person to talk to. But where were the other members? Hyunjin? 

Bang Chan caught Jinah looking around the dressing room. “The other guys are in the trailer. Sleeping. I just came out because I don’t sleep often.” 

“Oh yeah I saw. Speaking of things, you don’t do, Felix said you like vegemite. But never get to eat it.” 

Bang Chan lifted his eyebrows, “he told you that? But yeah, the last time he and I brought a new bottle I.N threw it out thinking it was spoilt. And then the other time we ate, the members complained saying it smelled. So yeah”  

Jinah cooed silently at the pouty man. “Well, if it helps, I have an idea. The next time there is an outdoor shoot I'll bring vegemite sandwiches for you and Felix. That way the two of you can enjoy it and I get to use the vegemite at my place without throwing it away. It's a win-win" 

Jinah could swear she saw stars shooting from Bang Chan’s eyes. “Will you do that? Oh Rosie!!! Thank you. You're an angel.” 

Giggling at Bang Chan’s antics Jinah stood up and stretched upon hearing Sohee enter the tent. 

“Oh Chan, shouldn’t you be sleeping like the rest?” Sohee inquired as she plopped down on one of the big floor mats. 

“Yeah, I should. Just came to have a chat with Rosie. I had a chat with Hyunjin as well. He looked a little grey as well.” 

Jinah’s ears perked at it. He was feeling down? But why? Was it the kiss? He said he liked it though. 

“You, moody young people scare me.” Sohee shuddered before turning around and waving Chan off.  

Bang Chan got up and quickly hugged Jinah with a side hug. “Cheer up! Everything will be fine Rosie. It's one more day and it’s all over.” 

For a quick second Jinah froze. The stray kids' leader just hugged her AND comforted her. What? Jinah sensed something off about those words.

Does he know? Did Hyunjin tell him? Was that why he came looking for her? 

Jinah rolled down beside Sohee and decided to shut her eyes as well. It was tiring physically but the little happenings with Hyunjin drained her emotionally. She couldn’t deny the fact that she was drawn to Hyunjin. As an Idol. A very talented one. His dance moves, his voice, his little thoughtless gestures. Everything made him attractive. But he was younger than her and also an Idol! She couldn’t possibly like him. Can she? 

Jinah finally fell asleep after struggling with herself for some time. She came to an agreement with herself. She was just infatuated with Hyunjin that’s all. This was just a spur in the moment thing and nothing more. She was merely attracted physically to him. 

Or so she thought.