fin

yujin's 13th reason why
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It's as if the whole universe has something against Yujin.

Her friends told her that she's just dramatic and a massive pain in the , but Yujin feels like she's the world's personal punching bag. (she is being dramatic) Yujin has been nothing but loyal to her affection towards Jang Wonyoung ever since they were in eighth grade. They were classmates, and Yujin always thought Wonyoung was the prettiest girl in their class despite sitting next to another pretty girl, Isa. 

The fourteen-year-old Ahn Yujin looked liked her age. Awkward posture. Mismatched colored braces. Unruly hair. And to top it all of, Yujin has the worst eyesight in their whole class. She wore those tacky-looking glasses that made her eyes small. Yujin was insecure about her appearance, and she thought that once she stepped into high school, she would have been stereotyped as your basic nerd who works part-time in a smoothie bar. But she did clean herself up and build confidence to make Wonyoung look in her direction for once. 

Yujin succeeded. They eventually become good friends, but Yujin's journey to becoming Wonyoung's girlfriend is not all rainbows and sunshine. She suffered five years of not being able to tell Wonyung about her feelings. She acted like she was cool with the boys who got to date Wonyoung first before her. Oh, how Yujin gnashed her teeth every time there's a pathetic-looking tweed who asked out Wonyoung. 

She had to deal with Wonyoung questioning her worth after her boyfriend broke up after a petty fight. Yujin had to restrain herself from getting down on one knee whenever Wonyoung would laugh at stupid her jokes. She had to act nonchalantly every time Wonyoung would jokingly tell her that she would date Yujin if she were a boy. Yujin silently wished that Wonyoung would just overlook the fact that she's also a girl. 

Yujin thinks she'd make a great girlfriend for Wonyoung. She really does. 

Hence, she's choking Sungchan in front of her friends because the boy told her that she needs to calm down. Sungchan was just being reasonable. He didn't mean to hurt Yujin's feelings. It was just ridiculous that Yujin thinks that the whole world is conspiring against her. That's some Kanye West level of craziness, Sungchan thinks. 

" Say that again, you rat! " Yujin hissed at his friend. Sungchan's eyes were turning white, but luckily, Yuna got in between the two of them and pulled Sungchan from Yujin's hold. 

" You idiots need to stop fighting at my party. " Yuna rolled her eyes and sat next to Yujin, who was sobbing in her arms. " Jungwon's live on Instagram right now, and he had you guys on camera. " Yuna took a swig of her beer and tapped Sungchan with her foot. " Are you still alive, buddy? "

" Yup. " Sungchan mouthed. " Yujin, I know you're like super drunk right now, but Wonyoung is not going anywhere, okay? Just because you're dating her doesn't mean everything will come easy. You still have to make time for you guys to do stuff together. " 

Yujin slowly raised her head. Sungchan sound sincere with his words. Now, she felt like a huge jerk for almost killing him. " I know. " She huffed as she ran her fingers through her hair. " It's just that we're literally in the same place, but I can't even be with her because of... " 

Yuna raises an eyebrow. " Oh, you mean Jaehee? " Yujin could only close her eyes in pain. 

" That girl is basically Wonyoung's child. " Yujin stretched her arms out. She's sobering up, which is a good thing because she has to keep an eye on her girlfriend, and she cannot do that when she's drunk as a mouse. " Can you believe that we picked her up because she entered the wrong freeway? I thought we were going to jail last Sunday. " 

Now, Yujin does not judge people by their appearance or by their first impression alone. She thinks it's shallow to get to know a person like that. But she knew of Lee Jaehee's dependency on Wonyoung and how the girl is literally the epitome of bad luck and the poster child of Redbull. 

" On god? " Yuna snickered. " You guys can playhouse. You're basically a family at this point. " 

Yujin glared at her other best friend. " Go to hell. " 

An ear-shattering scream echoed in Yuna's house, which alerted Yujin because that was Wonyoung's high-pitched scream when things go wrong or if Taylor Swift released another album. She stood up from her seat and made her way upstairs. 

" Can you tell your girlfriend and her groupies not to touch the Krusty statue in the bathroom? My dad will kill me if he sees puke on it. " Yuna shouted, but she bet Yujin didn't hear her. 

" Damn it. Why did I even throw a party in my place? The people in our school are literally the worst people to have at a party. " Yuna sighed. Suchan took the spot next to her and snatched the beer that Yuna was drinking. 

" True. " Sungchan took a huge gulp from the can. " Remember when you and Yujin once used my Mom's expensive chinas as a freebie? " 

" Yup. " Yuna grimaced. " Sorry about that. " 

" Damn, I got my beat. " 

" That's rough, buddy. " 

 

xxx

Wonyoung saw Yujin running towards her, and she felt a little bit relieved to see a reliable person in a crowd of drunk and teenagers. She quickly grabbed hold of Yujin's arms and pulled her to the bathroom. 

" Jaehee threw up on the Krusty statue. " Wonyoung said. " And she won't let me hold her hair because, according to her, I am drunk too. She said it cancel out things. " 

Yujin watched Jaehee crawl on the floor and hugged the toilet while she puked her guts out. She felt terrible for the poor girl's stomach, but then again, Jaehee is one of the reasons why she couldn't do the things she wanted to do with Wonyoung. 

" Remind me, why do we babysit this seventeen-year-old girl? " Yujin asked. Wonyoung sighed and squeezed Yujin's arm in an attempt to calm her down. Judging by Yujin's tone and her pouting, she knows that her girlfriend is getting fed up by Jaehee's mess. 

" You know her situation, Yujin. " Wonyoung said. " She's currently grieving over Monday. " 

" Monday's not dead. " 

" Exactly. " Wonyoung shrugged her shoulders. " Apparently, break-ups hurt even more than someone passing away. At least for teenagers like us. " Wonyoung turned Yujin around to face her. She let her hands rest on Yujin's cheeks and gave the girl one of her knock-out smiles. " Baby, can we drive Jaehee back to her house? I'm kind of tired too. " 

Of course, being the great girlfriend she is, Yujin carried Jaehee on her back and drove her home. Yujin had to endure the 20-minute drive of Jaehee and Wonyoung singing to Summer Walker's discography. The two of them were now singing their hearts out to Playing Games. It's the extended version, and Yujin had to sing Bryson Tiller's part because the two of them refused to sing his verse. 

Wonyoung rested a hand on Yujin's thigh as she sang the last few verses of the song. " You acting kind of shady. You ain't been calling me baby, no. " 

Yujin tried to keep her eyes on the road. She was distracted by how Wonyoung looked at her with those drunk eyes. She was feeling buzzed. 

" Boy, you can go and stop playin' games playin' games. " Wonyoung then pushed Yujin's arm to sing her part of the song. 

" Y-yes, I blow your mind.. S-say it one time....Come on, do I really have to sing? "

" Duh, obviously! " Wonyoung and Jaehee said in chorus.

Yujin does not know the rest of the lyrics, so she just mumbled words throughout the song until they finally arrived in front of Jaehee's house. Wonyoung went around the car to help Jaehee out. Yujin saw the two of them talking in the rear-view mirror. The blonde opened the door on Yujin's side, which surprised the latter. 

" Yujin~ Thank you for always being there for me! "Jaehee's words were slurred. Wonyoung was giggling behind Jaehee's back which concerned Yujin. Wonyoung is a jerk sometimes. 

" I-it's okay. " Yujin replied. " You should go inside now. You're pretty drunk- "

Before Yujin could finish her words, Jaehee opened her arms and engulfed the taller girl into a hug. Yujin's eyes were moving back and forth to Jaehee and towards Wonyoung, who was clearly enjoying the scene in front of her. 

" I love youuu, Yujinnn. " Jaehee's face was buried on Yujin's lap. Her arms were firmly hugging Yujin's waist as if Jaehee had found another toilet to lean on. " You're so kind and strong and nice.... and cool. You're like a father figure that I never haddddd! " 

" Jaehee, you're dad is alive and well. " Wonyoung deadpanned. 

" Sometimes, I can still

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter