Headache

Lullaby

“Yah, Seulgi! Are you almost done with those dishes?” Seulgi’s boss, Sunye called. Seulgi was finishing her hours at a little restaurant near her school, and could not wait to get her pay cheque. She had been saving for months to get enough money for her own apartment. When she asked her parents for money, they told her to try earning the money on her own because they did not want to spoil her.

 “I’m done,” she replied, walking out of the kitchen in her dirty pink apron.

 “Here’s your money,” Sunye said, handing her the envelope. “So, what house do you plan on buying?” Seulgi and Sunye were very close, and even though they were not really friends outside of work, and Sunye was a few years older than Seulgi, they told each other a lot of things about their personal life. Seulgi had been ranting on about wanting her own place to live for such a long time.

 “Well, it’s not exactly a house. I found this small, one-bedroom apartment. It’s not really luxurious, but it’s very...uh... peaceful and simple,” Seulgi explained. Sunye raised a brow and giggled at how hard Seulgi was trying to convince her about how good her apartment is.

 “Alright, well if you need any help while in your new house, you can always ask me,” Sunye smiled cheerfully. Seulgi responded with a smile and hugged her before leaving the restaurant.

 “Good luck moving in!” Sunye called out as Seulgi left.

 After Seulgi loaded all her things on a truck, she drove off to the apartment. The building was not what one would call “home sweet home,” but to Seulgi, it meant independence and a fresh start – so to speak. As she stepped out of the truck, she looked up at her future home and smiled, taking in a deep breath of air.

 “Umm...Miss...I hope you realize you pay us by the hour. For your sake, I suggest we pick up the pace,” the driver interrupted. Seulgi stopped daydreaming and went right back to taking everything to her room.

 “I guess this is what being independent feels like,” Seulgi chuckled to herself when she was left alone to do all the work. She looked around the room full of...nothing. There was absolutely nothing in her room but torn floral wallpaper and dents in the wooden floor.

 “Aish...this looks worse than my parents’ basement,” Seulgi sighed. “Well...There’s no time to waste! I should probably start fixing up the floor. The boards look hideous!” She was about to get started, until she remembered that she still had to unpack all of her belongings and set up her bed. She sighed before getting to work. It was already late at night by the time Seulgi had finished unpacking and organizing everything, but she could not stand looking at the torn up boards on the floor. She HAD to get to work before going to sleep that night.

 “Well...I’m not the best handyman in the world, but how hard can it be to patch up a floor?” Seulgi said to herself, trying to be more confident. She took a big hammer and began nailing the boards back properly. At first, she was getting the hang of it, and was very happy about it. But she ended up getting too carried away and hammered a hole right through the floor...and someone else’s ceiling.

 “AISH!” Seulgi cussed, looking through the giant hole to find a man rubbing his head where the board hit him. She sighed and paced around the room, hoping the person would not come up to confront her. After all, wouldn’t that be the worst way to start off your independence in a new apartment?

 Meanwhile, one floor below, a young man by the name of Yunho was getting ready to stomp up the stairs to yell at whoever hit him whether it was an accident or not. He tends to be very misleading with his looks. While he looks like a very calm and kind person, he has an extremely bad temper.

 “What kind of man would be stupid enough to hammer a hole through my ceiling?!” he yelled furiously, picking up the fallen board. He huffed and ran up to Seulgi’s room, not knowing who hit him.

 “When I see that boy, I’m going to beat him up with his own stupid board!” He continued up the stairs and finally reached the room above him. “Listen mister, you better-”

 “You must be the person I accidentally hit. I’m really sorry,” Seulgi said, bowing. Yunho looked at her up and down. She was definitely not a man, though he had to admit, she had the clothing of a boy down-pat. He looked at her face again and just stopped and stared at her.

 “A-Are you just moving in?” he stuttered.

 “Yes,” she nodded. “The floor was messed up, and I was just trying to fix it. Did you get hurt?”

 “N-No...not really. I just-” Yunho then paused and realized that no matter how pretty she was (and Yunho was definitely trying to deny it in his mind), she still hit him on the head. He snapped back to reality and changed his attitude towards her. “Yah, don’t try acting all cute and innocent! How could you be so clueless, huh?! Everyone knows not to hit that hard when hammering the floor!”

 Seulgi raised her brow in disbelief. Was this jerk serious? After all, it WAS an accident, but he was making such a big deal out of it.

 “Excuse me?” was all Seulgi could come up with.

 “Hmph, you are FAR from excused,” Yunho said snobbishly.

 “Look, what am I supposed to do to get your forgiveness, huh?” she asked, not really caring if Yunho forgave her or not.

 Yunho thought about it for a moment, placing a finger to his chin. Seulgi rolled her eyes as she watched him act intelligent while he was thinking of something.

 “Well...You could...” he began, walking towards her. He caressed her cheek and grinned while he whispered, “...kiss me.”

 “UGH, YOU ERT!” Seulgi said, slapping him once on either cheek.

 “Gosh, I was just kidding,” Yunho chuckled. “All I really need is a hot dancer...just for me of course.”

 “Get out of my apartment,” Seulgi said with fire burning in her eyes. “I never want to see you again no matter how close we live to each other.”

 “Aw, mad already? I really thought we were hitting it off,” Yunho winked.

 “GET OUT!” she shrieked, pointing to the door. Yunho smirked and walked out. Before he went downstairs, Seulgi picked up the broken board that fell on Yunho and chucked it at him with all her strength.

 “Take that, you jerk!” Seulgi yelled as she threw it at him. The board hit Yunho at the back of his head perfectly. He turned around and forced a smile.

 “You know you have perfect aim, but you completely missed the chance to be able to have the opportunity off a lifetime by getting to know me more,” Yunho said, trying to sound clever.

 “Wow...did you know you’re as smooth as...” Seulgi began. Yunho thought she was going to compliment him and regret yelling at him, but she said, “...sandpaper.” Yunho walked out of Seulgi’s apartment, frustrated and annoyed. He did not bother looking back at her on his way back to his room – he felt too embarrassed. He went straight to his room and jumped on his bed. At that moment, he received a call from his friend.

 “Hello?” Yunho answered.

 “Hey buddy, it’s Jaejoong. What’s up?” his best friend answered. Jaejoong was probably the nicest and most caring member of Yunho’s group of friends. While the others, including Yunho, were loud and wild, Jaejoong was very reasonable, which made most girls fall for him instead of the rest of the group.

 “Oh, hey Jaejoong. I haven’t been up to much lately, except this one person who just moved into the room above me is pissing me off right now. She’s so annoying!” Yunho answered. He explained the whole situation to Jaejoong which made Jaejoong laugh a bit.

 “Yah, what’s so funny?” Yunho frowned.

 “Nothing, it’s just that you’re describing her as if she switches characters,” he chuckled.

 “Huh?” Yunho asked, dumbfounded.

 “Well first it sounded like she was a sweet, innocent girl, then all of a sudden she sounds like some strong woman who can see right through players and flirts, then she sounds like a cool guy! Wait, no...she sounds like..like..YOU! You two seem to have the same temper.” Jaejoong explained.

 “WE DO NOT!” Yunho blurted out, showing his temper clearly.

 “Chill...” Jaejoong chuckled, “Besides, it’s not like you’re going to see her again, right? I mean, after that incident, I doubt you feel like trying to make peace with her now.”

 “Right...who would want to get with girls anyways?” Yunho grunted.

 “Every guy on this earth except you,” Jaejoong replied. “Face it, you’re the only guy with a reputation of not liking girls. It’s like you’re allergic to them.”

 “Gee, thanks for making me feel happy in my situation,” Yunho said sarcastically. “I thought you were supposed to be the nicest out of all of us. Bye.” Yunho hung up and lied on his bed.

 Meanwhile, Seulgi was still upstairs fixing up her house. She had just finished unpacking and organizing everything, and was just about to patch up the hole in the floor, when she heard beautiful music playing below her.

 “That jerk must be listening to the radio, but to think he’d be listening to something so sappy and sweet,” Seulgi giggled. She looked through the hole to see if Yunho was really listening to that heart-warming music, but instead, she saw him playing that song on a shiny, black, baby grand piano. Her jaw dropped as she watched him play effortlessly.

 “Omo...he’s amazing...” Seulgi said in awe. “Wait...this is the same guy who just yelled, and flirted with you. Don’t be fooled by his perfect playing and gorgeous eyes! Wait, WHAT?! Ah...this is bugging me...” Seulgi stood up and went to her bedroom, and still heard Yunho’s playing. She continued to listen to it, completely forgetting that she had not fixed the floor yet, and fell asleep.

 

 

 

 

 

</meta> </meta> </meta> </meta>