Falling Slowly

I can't keep loving you from a distance

One by one cellphones are burning inside the workshop because of Yoon Sol.

"Sorry Yoon Sol haven't seen her in a while she's absent for 4 days already. What happened, yoon Sol?" Bit Na said.

"We have a fight an argument and I pushed her a lot" she answered.

"Give her time she will come around, Sol" her friend said.

"Thanks a lot" Yoon Sol said and hang up.

She tried to call Jiwan's house also.

"Yoon Sol! How are you? Jiwan's not here, she went with her mom to visit her grandmother. They will be back tomorrow" Jiwan's father answered.

"Thanks for the information, Sir. Did she bring her cellphone with her?" Yoon Sol asked.

"Yoon Sol, it's here beside her table. I will tell her you called" Jiwan's father said.

"Thanks sir!" Yoon Sol hang up.

"Great Yoon Sol! You've been so gloomy for 4 days now. Want to go with us, 2 days trip in Grindenwald but before that we can do some Private Tuktuk tour after class." Sam invited her.

"Sorry Sam but..." Yoon Sol declined.

"You know Yoon Sol, sometimes you have let the person be. You will now find them if they don't want to be found. I bet you have not been to anywhere besides your dorm and the campus plus here inside the workshop" Sam stated.

"She left her cellphone at home went to her grandmother, her father said" Yoon Sol said while trying to etched new designs for her update.

Sam moved closer, so near to her almost occupying her personal space. She casually caress Yoon Sol's arms. "Timeout Yoon Sol, take time to enjoy Zurich while you are here" Sam said. "Come on, it will be fun. You also need time for yourself" Sam told her.

"I will think about it, Sam. I give my answer tomorrow" Sol said.

Sam's warmth is inviting, sometimes she wanted to explore what's with Sam. She's bubbly like Jiwan but in a different way. With her it's liberating, she's so open minded. Her smile almost got her to say yes immediately but she still worried about Jiwan. She wants to talk to her as soon as possible. 

Sam came by her workstation more that day. Teasing her to wind around and for the mean time forget about her and Jiwan.

She would hear her murmuring "Si j'étais elle je ne te ferais jamais ça, t'inquiète" (If I were her I will never do that to you, make you worry)". Yoon Sol just smiled at Sam because she keeps on halting her work and would sit in front of her goofing around, the more she do that. The more she miss Jiwan.

Sam left her for a couple of hours but here she goes again before they go to their respective dorms. She holding her right arm and smiling, walking backwards.

"Yoon Sol come on! Let's go! I can book the tuktuk trip now! I will not take no for an answer" Charming Sam teasing her.

"I said tomorrow right" Sol said. Sam shifted to her side still holding her arms tight.

"This is my first invitation to you. I am not asking for a date. I am asking to breathe and enjoy yourself" She sad and pouted at her. She missed Jiwan's pout. Sol looked at her watch, She still has 3 hours to spare.

Sol nodded. "One hour only Sam I need to call again" she said.

Sam is so happy. She immediately book a tour - Chocolate & wine or Cheese Fondue & wine? she asked.

"Huh! Tuktuk tour right?" Yoon Sol asked.

"Yeah what do you like chocolate  tour or cheese fondue?" Sam asked again. 

"Jiwan likes chocolate" Sol said.

"Sol, it's you and me. Jiwan is not here" Sam said. Reality hits her. She scratch her head, she remember she needs a timeout.

"Cheese, let's go for cheese fondue & wine" she choose. She would tried at least to focus on enjoying the trip with Sam and not with Jiwan in mind.

They were given a certain place to wait and the tour would last for 1 and 1/2 hours, last part will be the cheese fondue experience.

"Yoon Sol do you have an umbrella?" Sam asked.

"No why" she asked. "It might rain when we do the tour, I have a big umbrella don't worry" Sam said.

Yoon sol acknowledge it. The innocent Sol who would not think of anything just because Sam has one umbrella and she will have no choose but to join her when it rains.

They waited for 15 minutes and some people are already inside the Tuk tuk and it's quite small for the 2 of them since Yoon Sol is a tall woman. Sam is as petite as Jiwan but her long blonde hair is usually in a bun. Sam blue eyes is glued to Yoon Sol while the tall woman is fascinated with the sceneries she had just seen. Sam is enjoying the fascination of Yoon Sol and not minding the others or what the tourist guy is saying, Yoon Sol won't notice her because she is busy taking pictures for Jiwan and the rest of her friends back in Korea.

"Sol!" Sam called and it's a selfie of them inside the Tuk tuk. Sam would call her for a couple of shots some were sent to Sol but some are kept by Sam.

"See you like it right" Sam asked.

"Yes, Jiwan would love this tour when she gets here" Yoon Sol said.

The fang of reality hits Sam. She can asked Yoon Sol to go with her but there will be a part that she will always go back to Jiwan. "Jiwan would love this, Jiwan likes it, she will be happy when she see this or taste this. Is she jealous? In a way, yes. She has to let her heart stop from falling for this tall womanor she might breaking her heart again. 

Yoon Sol doesnt mind if she will clin to her right arms while exploring the city, Yoon Sol is happy to take the tour for a while.

Last part of the tour is the cheese fondue and wine tasting. They we the last to enter the place so they have the table for 4 to themselves. It is serve and as it was explained. Sam prepared it for Yoon Sol. She is attentively listening to the lecture of the tour guy. When he said you can dig in. Sam have prepared it already. It's nice something is being prepared for her because she got used to the role of someone who always serve... serve it to Jiwan. She likes that role especially for Jiwan. Sam is different she is doing for her what she usually did for her girlfriend.

Sam is about to give the bread with melted cheese. She got it the fork with Sam and tasted it.

"It's hot but good, Thanks for preparing this, Sam. I can manage from here" Yoon Sol said.

Sam half smiled.

"Do they have the ferry tour?" Sol asked.

Sam nodded.

"want to try it?" Sam proposed.

"Nice, no not now Sam. I would like to take the ferry tour once Jiwan gets here" Yoon Sol said.

Sam heart sunk with Sol's answer.

"WIne is good here. Do you drink?" Sam said

"A little not much. I will just taste I still need to call Jiwan. I don't want her to notice I'm all drunk" She answered.

Jiwan again... Sam whispered.

"You were saying?" Sol asked.

"Nothing, I hope you enjoy the tour, Yoon Sol." She said.

It's around 8pm when they finished the tour. Everyone said goodbye and Yoon Sol is about to walk herself way to her dorm.

"Sam, thank you for this. I need to go to my dorm now" she said.

Sam smiled and kissed her cheek. Yoon Sol is suprised never thought Sam would do that.

"I like you Yoon Sol" Sam said.

"I like you too, Sam but not the way you are liking me right now" Yoon Sol said.

"I know... I just want you to know. I know even if you are not telling me everything, you've been in my place now for quite a long time for Jiwan. I don't wait that long, I hate waiting why wait when I can tell it immediately to the person. I'm not asking you to reciprocate it but I want you to know someone is here for you. You deserve to be happy. I know I am falling for you slowly but it is very clear to me your heart belongs to one person only." Sam explained.

Yoon Sol is still speechless, never knowing that Sam is feeling something because she never have a habit of putting colors to anyone, she never imagined someone would like her like the way she is having for Jiwan.

"Let's be friends. Yoon Sol. Jiwan is one lucky girl to have you but if she breaks your heart you know where to find me." Sam said and she walked her way to her dorm.

Yoon Sol still standing looking at Sam walking away, just like when she saw Jiwan walking away after her confession but she doesn't feel anything. She cares about Sam but not the way she wants.

3 rings from mobile phone. -- It's Jiwan.

"I'm walking towards my dorm now. Let's have a video call ok after 10 minutes." she said and hung up.