Complete

Walking Down The Aisle

 

1.

 

 

Sungyoon is not a romantic. He doesn’t believe in love at first sight. He doesn’t believe in soulmates. He believes that love is something you build from trust and you can grow it over time. His parents are the proof after all. His parents met by arranged marriage. They didn’t love each other at first. But they learn along the way.

 

When he met Daeyeol for the first time, he never imagined that he would fall in love with the guy. Yes, Daeyeol is handsome and has a good figure. Yes, he is kind and considerate. But he will never imagine that he will fall in love even with his dad's joke. He will never imagine that he will fall in love even with his childish antics. But here Sungyoon is five year into the relationship with Lee Daeyeol.

 

They called them Highschool Sweetheart and they are still going strong in Sungyoon’s third year in college. They met when Sungyoon was still a freshman and  Daeyeol was in his sophomore year in their high school. They met at their club activities. They became closer overtime and Daeyeol finally confessed in Sungyoon’s sophomore year of high school. Daeyeol continues his studies in Business major and Sungyoon continues his studies in Bachelor of Music major. Despite the differences in majors, they go to the same college and have no problem with their relationship.

 

Throughout the duration of their relationship, Sungyoon always gets the same question from people around him: “What will you do when you meet your soulmates”. Which is such bull in Sungyoon’s opinion. Yes, he and Daeyeol are both alphas. Yes, soulmates consist of the pair of alpha and omega.  But soulmates is such a rare occurrence that he found it curious how people still mention it religiously. Media likes to romanticize soulmates and portray it on a lot of occasions. But in fact, there are only a handful of soulmates that happen from time to time which always makes a sensation when it actually happens. Sungyoon remembers the last soulmate publicized by the media is some foreigner actress who was soulmates with her childhood friend and they announced it when they were getting married. The actress is his grandma’s favorite actress, so just imagine how long ago the last soulmates known to the public exist in reality.

 

He knows Daeyeol is a hopeless romantic. What an endearing idiot his boyfriend is. He knows, before they met, Daeyeol believed that he would meet his soulmates one day.  But ever since they met, Daeyeol said even though he still believes in soulmates, it wouldn’t be him anyway, because he already has Sungyoon. When Daeyeol says it like that, Sungyoon secretly hopes he is Daeyeol’s soulmate. Even though he believes nothing will change Daeyeol’s heart for him, he knows how the idea of soulmates is delightful for Daeyeol and he wants to do anything to make Daeyeol happy.

 

 

2.

 

 

“Sungyoonie, would you stop by later?” Right now, I am in the middle of a lunch date with Daeyeol hyung.

 

“Yes hyung, after giving my assignment I will stop by. I miss your frappuccino.”

 

“Really? You just miss my frappuccino? What about me?” he actually whines cutely, oh my God.

 

“Hyung, we are in the middle of lunch date, what are you talking about, missing you?” I laugh at his antics. Why is he so adorable? He is supposed to be the older one here.

 

“Hemph, I am looking at you right now, but I already missing you” he hugs me around my shoulder. In the time like these, I can’t despise the fact that I am smaller than him, because I can fit perfectly inside of his arm.

 

“Oh come here, my big Daebear.” I hug him back and peck his cheek.

 

“Really now? Did you cheek-zone me?” he whines again, but smiles playfully now.

 

“Oh my God, my boyfriend is so spoiled” I roll my eyes playfully but smiling back nonetheless.

 

“Soooo?”

 

“Soooo?” I just grin at him and not give him what he wants.

 

“See you later my love” in the end he is the one who kisses me fully on my lips.

 

I bid him goodbye and went back to my department to finish my assignment.

 

 

3.

 

 

“Hi Hyung! Ah it’s so cold outside” I arrived at the cafe where Daeyeol hyung works part time as a barista.

 

“Hi Love, so you still want to order frappuccino or hot chocolate?”

 

“Hot chocolate it is!”

 

“Okay, just sit wherever, I will join you later. My shift will be over in a minute.”

 

“Okay.” I sit in the corner, my favorite spot.

 

I open my bag and pull my laptop. It wouldn’t hurt to work on my assignment while waiting.

 

“Hey, here it is” Daeyeol hyung came, bringing my hot chocolate.

 

“Thank you hyung” I beam at him.

 

“You know Sungyoon, today I have a weird customer.”

 

“Weird how?”

 

“He is a student from our high school. He is just a high schooler, but he is so tall. He looked so cool and composed, but when I brought his order for him outside, there was a ladybug flying around and he was so freaked out. It doesn’t match his image. It’s kinda cute.”

 

“Are you really complimenting another guy in front of me right now?” I raise my eyebrow playfully at him.

 

“Aw do my Sungyoonie feel jealous right now? He is just a high schooler, he is a child” he playfully smiles back at me.

 

“And you know how tall you were when we were still in high school? I thought I would catch up to your height in college, but it is just wishful thinking on my side” I pout, my height is a sore subject you know. I am by no means on the short side, but I just have a giant as a boyfriend.

 

“Aw your height is just perfect to cuddle tho” he holds my free hand and plays with my finger.

 

“Hey, you said you have really really really big news yesterday? You haven’t told me anything at lunch” I ask him, remembering how excited Daeyeol hyung sounds when he texts me.

 

“Oh yes, it is so exciting! You know, my brother actually met his soulmates!” his whole face lights up when he talks about it.

 

“Oh my God! Who are his soulmates? Where did he meet them?”

 

“It is kinda funny actually. Turns out his soulmate has been his boss all along. Soulmates are so rare that we don’t really know how it works right? They always thought they hated each other passionately. You know the saying that love and hate have a thin line. He always complained about Sunggyu hyung that I feel like I know Sunggyu hyung personally myself.”

 

“But how do they know they are soulmates then?”

 

“After they met, my brother’s heat became so bad that he actually fainted at work last week. He fainted right in front of his boss, and he sprained his ankle when he fell. You know how they say soulmates have a bond where they could feel what their partner felt when they hurt emotionally and physically?”

 

“Oh yes I have heard about that.”

 

“So his boss directly felt the pain from my brother’s sprained ankle. And his boss saw the moment my brother sprained his ankle.”

 

“Oh my God”

 

“So his boss knows at that moment that my brother is his soulmate.”

 

“Oh wow how weird it is to know your soulmate is someone you hate.”

 

“I think the two of them are all just barking about hating each other. His boss didn’t really take time to actually propose to my brother after that. And though my brother acts like he gives his boss a favor, I knew him better. He actually looked really happy.”

 

“Aw I am so glad to hear that.”

 

“I know right. Sungyeol hyung always moans about being single, but rejects everyone who tries to court him.”

 

“Wow I never imagined I would know soulmates personally in my lifetime.”

 

“Yeah it is fascinating. But I am glad I have you, I don’t need a soulmate when I have you” Daeyeol hyung kisses my knuckles while saying that.

 

“Hemph cheesy” I giggle and kiss his knuckles back.

 

 

4.

 

 

Today, rain has been pouring non-stop.

 

I met Daeyeol hyung to have dinner together in the family restaurant near the cafe he works at. I see him sitting already at one of the tables. He the back of his left hand absentmindedly.

 

“Hey hyung, did you order already?”

 

“Oh hey Sungyoonie, no I haven’t ordered anything”

 

“What’s wrong with your hand hyung?” I take his left hand, and I see how red the back of his hand is.

 

“Woah, why do your hand look so red?”

 

“Ah it’s okay, it is a bit itchy, maybe it became red because I scratched it” Daeyeol hyung pulls his hand back and puts his left hand under the table.

 

“Are you sure you didn’t burn your hand with hot water at the cafe?” I ask him with concern.

 

Daeyeol hyung looked a little bit taken aback when he said  “No I am sure, why do you think that?”

 

“My mom has been fussing in our family group chat. Apparently my little brother accidentally burned his hand with hot water. Your hand looked so red it reminds me about it”.

 

“Your little brother? Doesn’t he live with your grandparents in the countryside?”

 

“Oh yes hyung! I haven’t told you about it yet, right? His health has been getting better, so he can live with us from now on” I talk excitedly. Bomin has been living with my grandparents because of his health, but the doctor assured us that Bomin’s health is great now.

 

“Oh really? That is such great news” Daeyeol hyung smiles genuinely at me.

 

“Yeah I know right? Now I can spoil him to my heart content”.

 

“I know, you rarely met him, he must be glad to live with his family again”.

 

“But you know what, kids these days, he grows so fast! Now he is even taller than me!” I pout at him, why am I surrounded by giants?

 

“Haha my Sungyoonie with his height complex, you are so cute.” Daeyeol hyung bopps my nose, how dare he!

 

“Your height is perfect though, you are perfect for me” Daeyeol hyung says while patting my head.

 

That day, his smile looked a little bit sad. But that day, I blame it on the rainy day.

 

Outside, the rain is pouring serenely.

 

 

5.

 

 

Lately I can’t meet Daeyeol hyung regularly. He is in his final year so he has a really busy schedule. I have a ton of assignments too that I have a hard time even just stopping by at the cafe. We haven’t met for three months and I really miss him.

 

He kinda acts weird whenever we text or call each other. I already know how cheesy and clingy he can get. But lately he acts super cheesy and clingy. Not that I complain. It is frustrating because he acted super duper sweet but then we can’t meet in person.

 

Today I decided to pay him a visit in the cafe while passing by.

 

“Oh Sungyoon, long time no see!” The cashier on duty greets me excitedly.

 

“Hey Jangjun, sorry I have a lot of assignments lately so I can’t visit often”.

 

“Do you want to meet Daeyeol hyung? But today he has no shift though”.

 

“Oh yeah? Ah I forgot he has no shift today!” ah I miss him so bad that I forgot about it.

 

“If I were you, I would keep my leash on him too” Jangjun teases me while wriggling his eyebrow.

 

“Haha you know how whipped Daeyeol hyung is to me” I back proudly.

 

“Of course I know. You know, I think one of our customers has a crush on him. He is still a high schooler, what does he see in the ancient Lee Daeyeol? And the boy is super duper handsome to boot”

 

“Oh my, my boyfriend is popular” I fake gasp, but I am quite curious too.

 

“At first Daeyeol hyung tried to act friendly and all, you know how he has a soft spot for cute things. This boy looked so cool and quiet, but when he is around Daeyeol hyung, he acts so cutely. But the last time the boy visited, Daeyeol hyung treated him coldly. The boy looked so sad that I felt bad for him”.

 

“Oh really? He doesn’t have to go that far though”.

 

“I know he is being faithful to you. But being the soft hearted Lee Daeyeol is, he felt bad too after treating the boy coldly. I mean, come on, you have to be a big bad boy to stay faithful!” I chuckle at Jangjun's statement.

 

“Well, I will give my big bad boy lots of kisses for being faithful”.

 

“Oh yuck too much information, please” Jangjun accepted my order and actually shooed me away to wait for my order.

 

I think now I know the reason why Daeyeol hyung acted so sweet and clingy.

 

I am so lucky to have Lee Daeyeol as my boyfriend.

 

 

6.

 

 

Today finally I can meet up with Daeyeol hyung after such a long time.

 

I see Daeyeol hyung from far away, I wave at him excitedly. He looked a little pale and skinnier than the last time I saw him.

 

Daeyeol hyung’s face lit up brightly the moment he saw me. He jogs a little to reach me.

 

“Oh Sungyoonie, I miss you so much” he immediately hugs me tightly when he reaches me.

 

“I miss you too hyung” I enjoy his hug and I smell him deeply. Ah, I miss him so much.

 

“Hyung, I am so sorry, but today I promised my little brother to meet up here. Do you mind if he joins us later?”

 

“Your little brother? It’s okay. You don’t mind if I join you two?”

 

“Well I haven’t told him that you will be here yet. But it’s okay, he wants to talk about his heat. He doesn’t want our parents to know about it. I don’t really know myself about omega’s heat. Maybe you know a thing or two from your brother.”

 

“Oh he has a rough heat? My brother’s heat became bad because he met Sunggyu hyung though. After they mate, his heat becomes normal again.”

 

“Is it because they are soulmates?”

 

“Yeah, I’ve read about it. Apparently, the moment soulmates met, their bond instantly appeared. But the bond is still not permanent until they mate. That’s why the omega’s heat became more intense, it is to make sure the alpha mate him”

 

“Wow you know a lot about it hyung! I just learned about it, there is so little information about soulmates despite how often it is romanticized yeah?”

 

“Yes, soulmates are so rare. I know about it because my brother has a soulmate, so I learn about it deeply” he says while holding both of my hands.

 

At that moment I see my brother approaching us from afar.

 

“Bomin, here!” When he sees me, Bomin walks quickly while smiling. But the nearer he is to us, the slower his walk is, and his smile faded away slowly.

 

When he reaches us, he looks at Daeyeol hyung with wide eyes, he almost ignores me.

 

I glance at Daeyeol hyung, and he looks equally surprised.

 

I look at them and ask, “Do you know each other or something?”

 

Daeyeol hyung looks a little bit disoriented as if he forgot where he is.

 

“Ah no, I am just surprised that you didn’t look like each other. Ah hello, Bomin-ah, I am Lee Daeyeol. Sungyoon’s boyfriend” Daeyeol hyung raises his right hand to shake hand with Bomin while his left hand is still holding my hand.

 

Bomin looked a little bit taken aback. He looks at Daeyeol hyung's hand and then he looks at me. He accepts Daeyeol hyung’s hand and shakes his hand without saying a word. Daeyeol hyung pulls his hand so quickly it surprises me. I looked at Bomin and he looked even more surprised than me. He looks so sad. I don’t know why Daeyeol hyung acts like that, but knowing him, he must have his reason.

 

“Ah Sungyoon hyung, I think we should talk later. I… I don’t want to disturb your time with your boyfriend” Bomin quickly turns around and actually runs before I can react.

 

“Yah Bomin-ah!” He runs so quickly that I don’t have a chance to get him.

 

“Hyung, what happened to you? Why do you act so weird?” I turn to look at Daeyeol hyung.

 

He scrunches his face as if he is in pain. His hand holds mine tighter. He opens his eyes and searches for my eyes immediately.

 

“I am sorry Sungyoon-ah, I think I had a bad day. '' After saying that, he immediately holds my face and kisses me hungrily. He kisses me like fish meeting water.

 

I feel so confused and surprised but I can feel his hand trembling on my face. I hold his hand and kiss him back.

 

After that we don’t talk about it. We talk about everything else while Daeyeol hyung looks at and touches my face the whole time, as if he wants to ingrain my face in his brain.

 

When we were about to separate for that day, Daeyeol hyung kissed me again. This time I can feel his lips tremble a little. We kiss slowly as if we don’t want the kiss to end.

 

That day, our kiss felt so sad. That day, I can’t blame it on a rainy day.

 

In my heart, it feels like it's raining.

 

 

7.

 

 

After that eventful day. Bomin’s heat came so suddenly and so intensely. Fortunately it happened right after my exam, so I can take care of him. His heat went on for about a week. After his heat ended, he looked so sick and pale. I asked him to go to the doctor to ask why his heat became so bad. But he assured me over and over that he is fine. Right now, he is hanging out in my bedroom while looking at my album from high school.

 

“Woah hyung, when did you start dating Daeyeol hyung? He is everywhere in your photo album”

 

“We dated from my sophomore year. Do you remember the guy I had a crush on in high school? It is him”

 

“Isn’t he your first love or something? So he is the boyfriend you always talk about? He sounds so cheesy from your story”

 

“Yah, did I ever say I changed my boyfriend even once? It is always him”

 

Bomin goes a little bit quiet at my retort.

 

“By the way Bomin ah, I don’t know why Daeyeol hyung acted so weird when we met. I am sorry if he appeared a bit rude. He acted a little bit off lately. I don’t know, it makes me feel a little bit uneasy.”

 

“Ey what are you talking about? I remember you said your boyfriend acted more sweet and clingy than usual lately, and from the way you talk about him, he already is super cheesy and clingy.”

 

“I don’t know, I feel like he acted that way because he felt guilty for something. He always spoils me when he feels apologetic.”

 

Bomin goes silent before he says quietly “Don’t worry hyung, he won’t leave you for anything in this world. At least not in this lifetime.”

 

“What do you say?” I can’t hear what Bomin says because he talks too quietly.

 

“Nah, don’t worry hyung. I promise you, Daeyeol hyung loves you too much to hurt you.”

 

“Ey, why are you being so dramatic, you just met him once.”

 

“But you always talk about him. I feel like I know him already.”

 

“As you should yeah? He is your future brother in law anyway” I laugh jokingly.

 

Bomin doesn’t talk back for a little while after that, until he gets up and says “I will meet my friend outside okay. I think I need a little bit of fresh air.”

 

“Are you sure? You still look a little pale, Bomin.”

 

“Nah I am fine. I need to go. Don’t worry, you are always such a worrywart hyung. I am not a little child anymore” he smiles fondly at me, but I feel like his eyes look sad.

 

“Alright then, call me if you need me to pick you up okay?”

 

“Okay, I love you hyung.”

 

“I love you too.”

 

Bomin stands on the doorway and stares at my back for a long while.

 

My album has one less photo that day.

 

 

8.

 

 

Today Daeyeol hyung invited me to his apartment to have dinner together. He has lived alone in his apartment since he started college.

 

It is not the first time for him to invite me to his apartment. But this is the first time he invited me to his apartment after dawn alone. I feel a little bit uneasy, I feel like something is about to happen.

 

“Hey hyung, where are you going at this hour?”

 

“Bomin ah, Daeyeol hyung invited me to have dinner at his apartment. I am so nervous, we have never been alone at his apartment this late in the day.”

 

“Haha you are boyfriends, what is weird is the fact that you are freaking out at the possibility that he is about to make a move on you.”

 

“Well he is a romantic, he refuses to mate unless after we marry” I laugh remembering my boyfriend's antics, but I respect his decision. I don’t feel like we need to rush it. Our relationship is enough as it is.

 

Bomin stares at me silently. He looks down for a while. He raises his head and suddenly looks all serious. “Hyung, promise me something.”

 

“What? Why do you suddenly demand that I promise you something?” Now I laugh at my brother's antics.

 

“You have to do it till the end with Daeyeol hyung tonight. Don’t stop midway. If Daeyeol hyung can’t make a move, you have to initiate it. If he is hesitant, you have to assure him. If he can’t claim you, please claim him yourself” Bomin looks dead serious when he says it, I can’t help but blush madly hearing him.

 

“Yah Bomin, who taught you to talk like that?”

 

“Haha I have to make sure you make him my brother in law tonight hyung. You have to do it. I won’t risk losing such a good brother in law.”

 

“Yah, you are so weird. I won’t hear the end of it. I am leaving now. Tell mom I will go to Daeyeol hyung’s apartment okay. Love you.”

 

“Love you too hyung” I close my door behind me so that I don’t hear the end of Bomin’s sentence.

 

“I really do.”

 

 

9.

 

 

Daeyeol hyung and I had such a wonderful dinner. Rain started to pour when I arrived at his apartment. Everything went well. He cooked me a delicious steak and he prepared everything to my liking.

 

We have a bit of wine while talking in his living room. We start to make out and I start to crumble. I am about to remind him about our vow to mate after marriage. But his touch electrifies me and I can’t think straight. I start to pull him to his bedroom.

 

We make it to his bed while making out and we start to undress each other.  He kisses my neck and he touches my nape where he will bite me to mate me. He starts to act a little bit weird. Whenever his mouth moves to my nape area, his entire body will jerk and it surprises me.

 

But Daeyeol hyung looks unbothered by it and he continues to kiss me. Our hands start to roam each other, I caress his nape and I can feel him shuddering whenever I do that. After a while, I feel bolder. I remember Bomin’s words vividly, and my mouth tries to reach his nape. Daeyeol hyung’s body jerks again, his hand going to his nape as if he wants to protect it. We both feel surprised and stop whatever we are doing and just stare at each other.

 

“What’s wrong hyung?”

 

“I… I don’t know Sungyoon-ah. I… I…. just…. please… let’s continue.”

 

Suddenly Daeyeol hyung looks so distraught, he looks so sad and angry and confused all at the same time.

 

He starts to kiss me again. I welcome his kiss but I still feel so confused. My hand goes to hold his cheek and I realize that his cheek is wet.

 

I stop kissing him and I try to look at his face better.

 

“Daeyeol hyung, love, what’s wrong?” Daeyeol hyung is crying and I don’t know what is going on. My instinct goes wild and I realize that something is very very wrong.

 

“Sungyoon ah, I am sorry…. I am so sorry Sungyoon ah. I love you, I love you so much” he starts to cry harder. I feel like someone stabbed my heart a thousand times. I know Daeyeol hyung hates to show his weak side, especially to me. In our five year of relationship, this is the first time he shows his tears in front of me.

 

“Love, hey look at me, please tell me what is wrong. Do you have something you have to tell me?”  I hold both of his hands, and coax him to look at me.

 

“Sungyoonie, I…” suddenly his whole body jerks weirdly. It looks like he is being hit by something invisible. Fortunately we are sitting on his bed, so when Daeyeol hyung falls by some unknown force, his body falls on his side of the bed.

 

I freak out and scramble to hold him and try to look at his face. His face grimaces so badly, as if he is in a lot of pain. He holds his head by both of his hands and screams in agony.

 

When he opens his eyes, he looks out of it for a while. When his eyes look focused again, he immediately sits straight and searches for my face while whispering “Bomin…”

 

 

10.

 

 

We walk hurriedly side by side in the hospital corridor. I find my parents waiting outside of the operation room.

 

“Sungyoon ah, we are waiting for you” my mom immediately hugs me while crying.

 

“Mom, what happened? How is Bomin?” I ask shakily.

 

“It is my fault Sungyoon ah, I asked him to do some errands for me. He looked a little bit down lately so I told him to buy himself some treat and take his time.”

 

“The witness said Bomin crossed the road while the lamp was green. But they said Bomin staggered while holding his chest. They said Bomin looked out of it and he looked like he didn’t know where he was going. It is purely an accident” my dad explains while rubbing my mom’s back.

 

The operation room door opens and we immediately flock to the door.

 

They wheel Bomin out and transfer him to his ward. Bomin looked so pale that he almost looked ghostly. The doctor comes out and we immediately ask him about Bomin’s condition.

 

The doctor explains that Bomin gets the most impact on his head. He tells us that this night will be the critical night for Bomin. He tells us to pray that some miracle will happen for Bomin.

 

My mom cries hysterically. My dad tries to hold her strong, but I know he is trying really hard to hold his tears.

 

I crumble down and fall on the spot while crying. I am too busy crying that I don’t  know how Daeyeol hyung reacts to the information.

 

 

11.

 

 

We enter Bomin’s room one by one. My parents stand on the left side of Bomin’s bed. I can see how pale Bomin’s face looked still.

 

From the moment Daeyeol hyung whispered Bomin’s name, I started to have my suspicions. But the entire event makes me so confused and sad and worried that I almost forget what happened in Daeyeol hyung’s apartment.

 

But the moment we enter the room, Daeyeol hyung immediately leaves my side and comes to Bomin’s right side in a rush. All the memory from Daeyeol hyung’s apartment came rushing back to my  head. My parents look at Daeyeol hyung confusedly. They know that Daeyeol hyung is my boyfriend. He touch Bomin’s face oh so tenderly. I feel like I witness the scene in front of my eyes unfold in a slow motion, and I feel like my heart being ripped to shred. Daeyeol hyung looks at Bomin’s face with so much longing and so much love. I realize he never looks at me with such intensity it ripped me a new.

 

My parents gasp and look excitedly at Bomin’s face. I look at Bomin’s face and understand why they are reacting that way. The more Daeyeol hyung’s caress Bomin’s face, the more Bomin’s face gaining colour.

 

I feel like I can’t witness it any longer. I turn back and come out of the room. I close the door and lean my back on the door while covering my face with my hand.

 

“Excuse me” I hear a woman's voice and I raise my head.

 

“Are you the patient’s family?” The woman is a nurse who wheeled Bomin’s bed earlier.

 

“Yes I am his big brother.”

 

“I think this is your little brother’s belongings, I found it on his jacket earlier” she hands me a photograph.

 

That is Daeyeol hyung’s photo from my album.

 

 

12.

 

 

Hospital in the middle of the night is quite empty. I always thought that hospitals will always be full of people on shift. Turns out it is a lot emptier than I expected. The lobby is dark and I sit alone in one of the empty seats.

 

Someone walks toward me. It is dark and I can’t see his face. But I know it is Daeyeol hyung.

 

He stands in front of me. He just stands there. We don’t talk for a long while. Finally he sits beside me.

 

“First of all, I am so sorry Sungyoon ah,” he says quietly.

 

I don’t say anything back. I just sit there quietly, listening to him.

 

“Yes, Bomin and I are soulmates,” I scrunch my face in pain. It is one thing to have suspicion, but it is another when someone states it out loud as a fact.

 

“Do you remember when Bomin burned his hand with hot water? It is me. I accidentally poured hot coffee on his hand at the cafe. I immediately felt his pain on my hand too and my hand became red even when I am not the one who got hurt” the memory from that day flashes by on the back of my head.

 

“At that moment, we immediately knew we were soulmates, both me and Bomin.”

 

“But I love you, and even when my bond and Bomin automatically awaken, I still love you.” Daeyeol hyung starts to sob silently.

 

“Bomin diligently tried to approach me, and I couldn’t bring myself to tell him that I have you. I let him come to the cafe and we got to know each other better day by day. I am so sure that I love you enough to combat destiny, but I think the universe is trying to laugh at my face. We couldn’t meet for three months, and in those three months I started to fall in love with Bomin.”

 

“When I realized that I started to fall in love with him, I tried to act coldly toward him and I told him that I have a boyfriend. But I felt so guilty afterward that it made me even more guilty because I felt like I was cheating on you.”

 

“I still didn’t know that he is your brother until the three of us met”

 

“When me and Bomin shook hands, that was the first time we touched each other. Our bond immediately recognized each other as soulmates, the sensation overwhelmed me that I couldn’t touch Bomin any longer.”

 

“I realized I am getting weaker and my body demanded me to mate with my soulmates as soon as possible.”

 

“But I love you and I still want to spend the rest of my life with you” my tears start to flow silently.

 

“So I learned and searched about soulmates as much as I could. I found out that our bond can be severed.”

 

“I contacted Bomin and we met. I asked for his permission to sever our bond. The problem is, there are only two ways to sever our bond. The first is when one of us mates with other people.” I hold my mouth with my hand.

 

“That’s why I want to mate you. I know I broke our vow to mate after marriage, but I have to do it fast before me and Bomin’s health deteriorate even more. But you know what happened. Because my bond with Bomin has awakened, my body will try to deny mating with anyone but him. We can mate with other people, but we would feel excruciating pain while the bond is being severed. I think that is the moment Bomin got into the accident” Daeyeol hyung starts to cry.

 

“But the second way to sever our bond is when one of us dies” I gasp loudly hearing that and stare at Daeyeol hyung.

 

“It is all my fault. What if it is not an accident? What if Bomin tried to kill himself? I am so stupid, I didn’t have to tell Bomin about the second way. But he wanted to know all the options. But there is no easy way to sever the bond between soulmates. If something happened to Bomin, it is all my fault. He is my soulmate, but before that, he is your little brother. I am sorry Sungyoon. I don’t know what I can do to atone to my sin.” Daeyeol hyung cries so hard that he starts to hyperventilate.

 

“No hyung, look at me hyung, please” I can’t let him drown in sorrow. I remember Bomin’s face and his determination when he made me promise adamantly to mate Daeyeol hyung.

 

“Maybe you are soulmates. But Bomin is my younger brother and I know him for far longer than you. Bomin is strong. He is the strongest person on earth. Even when we lived apart he was always the one who consoled me when I missed him. I know he chose the first way. He will never choose the second way. It is an accident hyung. Believe in me.”

 

Daeyeol hyung stares at me and I can see from his eyes that he wants to believe in me, but he struggles to.

 

“Listen hyung, I know that you are confused and feel guilty. But please believe in me. Bomin will survive. I know it.”

 

Daeyeol hyung covers his face and continues to cry to his heart's content.

 

“I don’t deserve you Sungyoon, I don’t deserve Bomin either. I don’t deserve the both of you.”

 

I hug him from his side and we cry together “No hyung, it is not your fault. It is not anybody’s fault. I love you hyung, I will always do. I am glad that we found each other. We are not soulmates, but I know you truly love me with all of your heart”

 

Daeyeol hyung cries even harder inside my hug. I cry harder because I know I have made my decision.

 

“Sungyoon ah, Daeyeol ah!” I hear my dad run to us from afar. Me and Daeyeol hyung immediately stay alert and stand up.

 

“Bomin…. Bomin…… he is……………”

 

 

13.

 

 

I look at my reflection in the mirror. Today is the day. I make sure everything is perfect: my hair, my makeup, and my suit.

 

My dad entered my room “Sungyoon ah, are you ready?”

 

“Yes dad I am ready” I smile brightly at him.

 

I look at my reflection once more and Bomin’s smiling face flashes in the back of my eyes. I smile a little bit sadly. I get up from my seat and whisper to myself “I am ready”.

 

I stand nervously in front of the church’s door. The door is open from inside. I walk slowly down the aisle. At the end of the aisle, I can see Daeyeol hyung standing handsomely in his suit. He turns my way and we smile brightly. His face looks so radiant that the sun will feel ashamed in front of his smile.

 

When I reach the end of the aisle, I give Bomin’s hand to Daeyeol hyung’s hand. They look at each other lovingly as if they are the only person in this entire world.

 

I smile proudly witnessing their exchange of vow.

 

My heart feels full of love for the two people who united in the name of love. I can’t help but feel a little bittersweet that in the end, I can’t defeat destiny. But I know from the deepest of my heart, that they deserve each other. I feel like destiny knows what they do.

 

Sungyoon is not a romantic. He doesn’t believe in love at first sight. He didn’t believe in soulmates. He believes that love is something you built from trust and you can grow it over time. But life has taught him a lesson. He still believes that yes, love is something you built from trust and you can grow it over time. But he also learned that everything happened for a reason.

 

Sungyoon is never a romanticist. He doesn’t believe in love at first sight. But he believes in soulmates.

 

In that moment, in front of the union of Lee Daeyeol with Choi Bomin, he learns two other things: first love never lasts, but first love never dies.