The One with a Special Soul

The One with a Special Soul

It started when you were at school, and you and your friends were preparing for a school trip.

You were in the classroom picking out places to go. And your friends spotted this haunted area, and were like “WE SHOULD GO HERE!”

You were kinda scared of horror things (not kinda, very HAHA) and responded “hell nah fam I ain’t going there.”

But they were really insisting, and you let out a sigh. You were very outnumbered by all your horror loving friends xD


 

So then you and your class departed to your campsite.

When you got there, the sun was out, the air was cool, and it was very refreshing. You breathed in the fresh air, making you feel full of energy.

You and your friends popped your things away at the accommodation and immediately went out to explore.

 

While you were out walking, you bumped into a young man.

You quickly apologized and he apologized as well. He was in a suit and your friends were like OH 👀

He was with a group of people in suits and they looked quite intimidating.

A bunch of crows flew above you at this time and the young man looked deeply into your eyes.

You blinked in confusion and were like “!?!?!”

He then patted your head and said “be careful.”

And it made you even more confused and was like “?!?!?!”

The men in suits continued walking and you were left confused with what had just happened.

So then you went back to your friends and you continued exploring.

 

At night you visited this market area, with a lot of stalls and also restaurants, it was really lit. You were at this like bar restaurant thing and you were all eating dinner.

But you had forgotten your phone at the accommodation, which was literally a block away.

So you and your friend went back to go grab your phone.

However on the way back to the dinner place, you noticed someone suspicious following you.

You were just about to cross the street to go back to the restaurant, like it was right there in sight, and a guy grabbed your shoulder and said “let’s go.”
He put some pressure in his grip, and gripped your shoulder, causing a bit of pain.

It made you to panic and cringe at the grip, but then someone pulled his arm off your shoulder and twisted his arm.

The attacker panicked, and your savior threw him onto the ground.

He walked up to him and stood on his wrist. “Get out of here now. Before I hurt you more.” He glared.

The attacker pulled his hands out from under his feet and fled, screaming.

It was the man you saw before in the suit.

Your friend had like love heart eyes as she witnessed the scene. (LIKE THIS HAHA)

He said “my name is Chani. Me and my friends are having dinner at the same place, so let’s go back together.”

You bowed and said “thank you so much for helping me.” 

He said “no worries,” and he put his hand on your back and escorted you back to the place.

 

You got your drink and stood at a standing table.

Chani came and stood across from you, and he leaned on the table.

You thanked him again for saving you before.

He said “no worries. I will always be here to help you.” He gave you his number and said “please call me if anyone attacks you again.”

With absolute confusion and shock at the sudden phone number, you just responded with a stutter. “O-okay?”

 

Anyway, later that night, you sat by the fireplace and your friends said there was this haunted abandoned building nearby, and encouraged us to go check it out. The same one they had mentioned before in the classroom.



 

You were like “bro no, let’s not.” (AND IT IS LITERALLY NIGHT TIME WHY WOULD YOU GO AT THIS TIME?!)

But then they went anyway, (idiots), but you refused to go, and instead, went to sleep.


 

When you woke up in the morning, no one had come back. You searched all around the accommodation for them, and no sight of any of your friends.

You were like “what, where is everyone?” And since it was morning you went to check out this abandoned building that they went to last night.

When you got there, it was absolutely silent.

But you saw your friend lying inside the gates in front of the entrance of the building.

You quickly ran up and said “are you okay!?!??!”

But when you turned their face around, they were pale white, they had no eyes, they were dead.

You quickly stepped back in horror, your heart was racing in fear.

You were about to leave but then something started to surround you. It was like this mist stuff.

Then out of the ground, these demon like things busted from the concrete and went in for an attack. There were 100s of them.

You shut my eyes in horror, but when you opened them, someone had their arm around you, with a gun in their hand.

 

It was Chani.

 

He shot down all the demons, quickly picked you up and took you outside the gates.

Then other men in suits came and they were standing around the building, and they were putting a barrier around it. They were using these machines that produced a barrier.

Chani held you and asked you if you were okay.

You couldn’t even respond, and you were just shaking and couldn’t process what you just saw.

You saw your friend disappearing, the one on the floor, and they turned into ash.

You broke down into tears, as you were terrified from the events.

Chani picked you up and said “let’s go back to my accommodation.”

You held him tight and just sobbed on his shoulder.

 

We got to his building which was very very high class and secure, and he put you in his room on the couch.

He bent down and asked “how are you feeling?”

You were just shook, you had to know what was happening.

Chani said “get some rest, and I will explain to you exactly what’s happening.”

 

A few days later, Chani explained to you what had happened.

Essentially, in this world, there are demons, and obviously they crave human souls. So they were hiding in the abandoned building, and when your friend's entered the gates, their souls were out and they were devoured by the demons.

Chani said his company are specialists, and their team was specially made to beat demons, so their weapons and gadgets were made specifically for this. And their goal was to stop demons from taking anymore souls. But he said that you had to be extra careful. 

Your soul has a special gem implanted within, which will give the demons infinite power. So regular souls allow them to power up, but if they take your soul, they will become unstoppable. That’s why so many demons jumped to you at once, because they could sense that your soul had this gem, and craved your soul so much.

The prediction was that these demons had a leader, and had signalled the demons to all gather to take your soul for the demon leader.

He said that the guy who attacked you that night on the street, was actually controlled by the demon, wasn’t a demon but controlled.

You were just super overwhelmed. 

Chani said “I will protect you. Due to the special gem implanted within your soul, you have the ability to repel demons, because right now it’s residing in a human soul, and you contain supernatural powers.”

You looked at your hands.

He said “Try concentrating all your energy into your hands.”

You shut your eyes and channelled all your strength and energy into your hands, and you could feel immense powers rushing to your fingers.

When you opened my eyes, you could see a glowing yellow light surrounding your palms.

Chani smiled and said “that is your power. You can use it to create barriers or block things.” 

He said he was searching his entire life to find this person that contained the special soul, and now that he finally found them, he will do anything to protect you.

Chani then stood up then grabbed his jacket.

He said he was going out to investigate.

However, before Chani could leave, someone came through the door.

Chani immediately shot him.

You gasped and said “omg what are you doing?!”

But the guy got back up and turned into a different human form.

He bowed and greeted us, introducing himself as the demon leader.

Chani tched, the demon leader had taken the form of one of the crew members, and Chani hadn’t noticed.

The demon leader said “I will be taking the girl now.”

“I will not allow you to take her.” Chani said and pointed his gun at him. (IGNORE THE OUTFIT HAHA)


The demon leader had informed Chani that his demons were taking over the building.

Chani scoffed and said “you really think your little minions can beat my men?”

It was a neck on neck fight between the demons and Chani’s men, and a huge brawl broke out.

Chani and the demon leader gauged in battle as well.

Your eyes darted around the room to try follow the fight, but they were just too fast.

When Chani was about to be hit, you put your hand out and you managed to protect him from the blow by putting a barrier up. This made the demon leader crave your soul more and more due to the supernatural powers that you could use.

Chani told me to run, and to use your powers to protect yourself. He said waiting on the rooftop was a chopper.

You said “No! I’m not leaving you here!” 


But Chani yelled at you and said “GO! NOW! I’ll be right behind you I promise!”

You believed in his words and bolted out while he held the demon leader in the room.

When you were running you found a note in your pocket, and it said ‘go to the basement, there’s a secret emergency getaway that the demons won’t know about, there is a crew waiting for you.’ And behind it was a map.

It seemed like Chani had said go to the rooftop to confuse the demon.

You immediately followed the route Chani gave you.

You put a barrier around yourself to protect yourself if any demons came and went through a secret underground route.

When you got there, there were people who called for you and told you to get onto the submarine.

But there were demons who had broken in and found you.

You put a barrier around the submarine that was gonna help you escape and to keep both the submarine and the people inside it safe.

This barrier was antidemon as well so as long as you were in it, you were pretty safe.

The demons tried to jump onto you, but were burnt and repelled by your barrier.

You were starting to get tired though due to the high amount of energy you had to use.

The guys said “let’s go.”

But you refused, saying “We have to wait for Chani!”

The guy grabbed your arm and said “there’s no time, he ordered us to leave as soon as we saw you.”

You said “No! He said he will be right behind me!”

But in the end, you lost your consciousness due to the fatigue you felt from exerting so much energy.

 

Eventually you fled from the building and went to another base.

 



You woke up and immediately said “Where’s Chani?” You sat up and looked around.

Chani hadn’t come back yet.

You were like “I HAVE TO GO BACK TO FIND CHANI!” and went back to where Chani was fighting at the old building.


When you got there, the building was pretty much all gone.

There were tons of wounded on the floor, and a lot of people had died during battle.

You immediately saw Chani on the floor, and you ran up to him.

You screamed his name but he didn’t respond, and his eyes were shut. Chani was covered in wounds and looked a little different.

Apparently Chani took a bite from the demon, which turned him into a demon. But with his sheer willpower, Chani was able to still be in control, and actually took the hit in order to match and even be stronger than the demon.

Chani ended up taking down the entire army himself but began to crave human souls, especially yours. But his duty was to protect you and eliminate demons. So before he did anything else, he took his own life with his demon slaying gun.

And then I woke up :(

 

I’M SORRY CHANI T^T A tragic ending.
 

-THE END-