Fainting - OiKage

Haikyuu One shots (ships)

Fainting - OiKage

Kageyama "faints"

Kagayama waited at the entrance of Aobaijosai's gym for his boyfriend. The older setter tends to train longer than anybody else on the team and was usually the last one to leave. Normally they would meet on their way home since Kageyama often trained just as long as Oikawa did, with his teammate Hinata. The middle blocker never got tired of volleyball and neither did the setter, so they played until Daichi ordered them to leave. But today Hinata accidentally injured himself doing one of his spikes, so he got off early.

Instead of waiting at their typical spot, he decided to meet Oikawa at his school. It would be kinda nice to go home together like normal couples, who visited the same school. Not that he'd ever admit to that. The younger one smiled to himself, which caused the leaving students around him to back away a little. Kageyama stopped immediately and looked down grimly. He wasn't good with this kind of thing. With people and it bothered him. Not usually.
Usually, he'd just shrugged it off, since the opinion of others didn't mean much to him. He didn't even notice most of the time, that was until it started to affect his performance in volleyball and... now that he wanted someone to like him, to enjoy his presence.

The first time he felt something similar, the desire to be liked by someone, was with his team. That is after some time had passed after he got to know the others. They taught him to appreciate others for more than their ability and performance on the court and that it was important to do so to improve said performance.

But with Oikawa, it was completely different. Sure he admired his abilities and he hoped Oikawa took notice of his as well, but that wasn't the most important thing anymore. It used to be, in middle school, he wanted to learn all about being a setter from his senpai. Now, however, he wanted him to like him for more than volleyball. Just like he liked Toru for more than volleyball... Loved him even.

His face got warm and took on the color of cherry blossoms.

"Aww, Tobio-chan got all flustered by watching me practice."

Oikawa had noticed the younger setter and looked at him with a teasing smirk. He had started collecting the volleyballs off the ground when he saw his boyfriend standing in the doorframe of the gym hall, blushing. The soft pink color on his cheeks increased into a bright red when he addressed him, with his snide remark.
It made his heart flutter and he laughed. Hiding his nervousness behind his usual confidence. The normally quiet and reserved Tobio-chan, being all flustered, was a sight to behold. It made his world a little brighter, highlighting the good and colorful, and dulling the bad and uncomfortable, -- like the pain in his bad knee -- with Kageyama things got... easier.

More complicated to be honest and still somehow easier. Or at least more beautiful, fun, eventful,... better.

"Damn..." he mumbled as he felt his cheeks warming. Not wanting to give Tobio the satisfaction of seeing the effect he had on him, -- Not that he was likely to understand. Tobio was pretty dense most of the time. Especially when it comes to emotional topics. -- Oikawa refocused on the task of picking up the volleyballs.

He chuckled, thinking about how cute Kageyama looked when he was confused. That expression on his face was priceless and the reason he tried irritating him over and over again. Just when he had collected all the balls -- and himself-- and thought of another mischievous comment, a low noise echoed through the gym.

Confused, Oikawa turned around only to find Kageyama lying on the ground. The older boy blinked a couple of times, irritated.

"Tobio-chan? Is my presence too much for you? So overwhelming you fainted? How cute!" He teased, waiting expectantly for the other to get up. The seconds passed by and slowly but surely he got nervous.

He decided to wait a little more, unsure what was going on or what to do. He grabbed his bag and walked towards his boyfriend. Getting more and more concerned.

"Oi Tobio?... You can't sleep here you know." he tried to hide his worry and stop his voice from shaking, putting on his carefully maintained mask of confidence, but this time he failed.

The more time passed by, Kageyama still motionless on the floor, the more his attempts to remain calm were in vain.

"Tobio?"

He kneeled down beside him realizing that the younger one showed no signs of waking up anytime soon. Quickly he checked his breathing and let out a sigh of relief when he felt the airstream against his skin. Kageyama was a life. but not awake, something was wrong.

He felt himself spiraling and overwhelmed by the situation. As captain of his team in particular and an athlete in general, he knew a lot about first aid. However, all his knowledge seemed to be gone from the moment he realized something was seriously wrong with his beloved. His mind went completely blank and he couldn't even remember how to put someone in the recovery position.

His hands were shaking as he looked for his phone.

 

Kageyama wasn't sure when to end the prank. When was he supposed to wake up and tell Oikawa?

He only did it in the first place because Hinata claimed it to be fun and that it would prove their boyfriend's affection for them. The smaller middle blocker wanted to pull the same prank on his boyfriend Kenma, Nekoma's setter.
And even though he was right, Oikawa did really seem worried, by now it wasn't so much fun anymore. His boyfriend sounded panicked.

He listened as the other shuffled through, what he assumed was his bag, heard how he unlocked his phone and was just about to stop the prank when his boyfriend's cries broke the silence.

"Iwaaa- I- Tobio, is..."

Immediately Kageyama felt guilty and his eyes shot open. The sight in front of him twisted his stomach.

Oikawa sat beside him, looking to the ground and clinging to his phone. His face was stained with tears and his body was shaking.

He was stunned. He rarely saw the older crying, even though he knew about his insecurities. Oikawa always played strong and confident. Seeing him like this, crying... over him, left the young setter completely shocked. Too shocked to move and do the only reasonable thing: reveal the prank.

"No, it's just- he fainted or something and I don't know-
... yes...- I... Just- I love him!
... Okay... Ye-"

 

Oikawa dropped his phone. A familiar figure embraced him tightly.

"To-Tobio?"

The other nodded. A few more seconds passed by, before he collapsed, returning the embrace. The tension got less and less, as his breathing steadied.

"What was that?" he whispered against his boyfriend's shoulder.

"Uhm... a prank."

"WHAT?!?"

He took Kageyama by the shoulders and held him at arm's length.

"You-... Idiot!"

"You're the one who fell for it !" He answered angrily.

"!" Oikawa added pouting.
His expression turned sad. "You scared me to death."

Kageyama blushed, avoiding his gaze. "I-... Not my problem, you fell for it" he mumbled.

They sat in awkward silence. Oikawa still tried to collect himself and calm down, as Kageyama was a little overwhelmed. Torn between guilt and excitement, unsure what to say.

It took him a while to choose his next words, thinking hard about them with an expression that'd scare most people away. Time Oikawa spent sulking, already planning on ignoring his beloved for the rest of the night or week or maybe forever. He deserved it. Yet his resolve crumbled at the younger's words.

"I love you, too" he looked at him with this innocent face and affection in his eyes.

Oikawa's cheeks flushed pink and he couldn't help but smile, incapable of ignoring him for long. Or to be angry at him...

"I- I'm glad..." He sighed. "Just never do that again, like ever!"

"Okay"

"Never ever! You hear me?!?"

"Okay"

He leaned forward, one hand against Tobio's chin as he kissed him lightly on the lips. He knew fully well that, if he wanted a kiss, he needed to be the one to initiate it. Such things weren't exactly Tobio's strength.

"I love you, Tobio-chan" he repeated this time directly to his face. The soft cherry blossom pink returned and that cute look on his face. Oikawa chuckled. This was worth it!

"Oikawa!"

 

Extra:

Iwaizumi's Pov:

Iwaizumi was just about to leave the school grounds when his phone started vibrating in his pocket. He sighed after reading the name on the screen. Oikawa... his childhood best friend and an annoying brat most of the time.
He almost laughed thinking about it. Oikawa has his own very unique personality, but he likes it. He would do almost everything for his friend, except for telling him that he would do so. His friend had pretty good self-esteem and the last thing he needed was a confidence boost.

Still... He is not always that way. Iwaizumi knows that. He has insecurities and tends to pressure himself too much. Either way, whether his confidence is too high for his own good or in cases when it shatters into pieces he needs someone to keep him grounded. And that has been Iwaizumis part since elementary school.

As much as the spiker complained he wouldn't want to have it any other way.

He stared at his phone, still walking but more slowly. He knew Oikawa pretty well by now as well as his tendency to be dramatic and very talkative. So it was most likely nothing. Maybe Kageyama did something "annoying" -- Oikawa secretly liked-- and he wanted to "complain" about it. Something didn't feel right though. And it made him nervous. He stopped walking before he answered the call. His worries got the better of him and he wanted to stay close just in case.

Until recently they would always go home together. They stopped however when Oikawa got a boyfriend and Iwaizumi didn't mind. At first, he accompanied them, but the whole love stuff got him nauseous so he started walking home early. The good thing about it was that he didn't have to wait for Oikawa anymore.

"Hey, Oika-"

He was interrupted by the shaking voice of his best friend.

"Iwaaa- I- Tobio is…" Oikawa stuttered. The panic was evident in his voice and it made the other panic as well.

This wasn´t Oikawa being dramatic, that was for sure. He had never heard him in such distress.

"Okay, Toru calm down! It's going to be alright. I need you to take a deep breath for me, okay? Can you do that?"
No reply, but he heard his breath, trying to calm himself and failing completely.

"Can you tell me what happened? Did you and Kageyama break up or something? You mentioned him s-"

If he did, making Oikawa unhappy in any way especially like this, Iwaizumi would personally end him. Nobody would do this to his best friend and get away with it. Was this a game to him? Did he think that he could get an advantage this way?

"No, it's just- he fainted or something and I don't know-"

Fainted? That was unexpected. Iwaizumi was stunned for a second, before jumping into action. He turned around straight back to where he left Oikawa just minutes ago. Why didn't he stay a little longer?

"Did you check his breathing? Is he breathing?" he asked, sounding more calmly than he felt.

"yes..."

"Good!" So the worst-case scenario was ruled out.

"- I... Just- I love him!"

"It's okay, I'm going to be there in a sec. Hold on!" he panted, still running, but it didn't seem fast enough.

"Okay..."

"Stay with him and try to remain calm," he ordered, even though remain calm wasn't quite accurate.

"...Ye- '' A loud noise interrupted him. It sounded like he dropped the phone. Cold shock washed through the Ace's veins.

"Oikawa!" No reply.

He heard some muffled noise on the other side but could decipher the meaning behind it. What happened? Was Oikawa okay? Did he faint as well? If he did, was it because of his panic or for the same reason Kageyama did in the first place? Maybe gas or some kind of sickness?

He cursed under his breath. Why was this school so damn huge?

When he finally reached the gym hall he was both relieved and confused at the sight in front of him. Oikawa holding a blushing Kageyama, while smiling.

"Oikawa!" he shouted to get the setter's attention.

"What the hell is going on?"

This was not what he had expected after hearing Oikawa so stressed and terrified. He had thought the worst.

"Oh, Iwa-chan. Glad you are here, but everything is fine. It was just a prank" Oikawa hummed in his usual happy tone, but Iwaizumi still noticed that it was slightly off, still...
His mood shifted in an instant from deeply worried to angry. Very angry.

"What?!?" he said, too quiet to match his expression.

Oikawa immediately backed away a little, sweating nervously.
"Uhm,... Hey, don't look at me like that-" The spiker's frown increased "- it wasn't my prank" he said emphasizing the 'my', before regaining his confidence and putting on a mischievous smirk.

"Little Tobio-chan, decided to pull a 'fainting-prank' on me. isn't that cute?" he said, pulling the other closer to his side. All in a way as if he hadn't been at the rim of a panic attack just seconds ago.

The younger setter glared at the older darkly at his comment, blushing non the less. Then his eyes meet Iwaizumi's and all of a sudden he looked nervous, quickly avoiding eye contact and observing the ground.

"Cute right?" Oikawa pushed further, which seemed to be his idea of revenge.

Iwaizumi didn't know what to answer. He just stood there dumbfounded and couldn't believe the scene unfolding before his eyes. He didn't know what to think or feel. Relieve? Anger? or should he just laugh at how absurd this whole event was? In the end, he was just bewildered.

"Whatever," he said and turned around.

"HEY, if it had been me doing a prank, you´d have gone for my head?" Oikawa exclaimed loudly.

"Yeah, because you're a !-"

"Mean Iwa-chan" the setter whined.

"Also, stop being such a bad influence for Kageyama!" he said before leaving the hall, knowing full well the response that it triggered.

"What!?!"