fin.

Elusive
Please log in to read the full chapter

"You've got to be kidding me." Chaeyeon said in disbelief upon arriving early to her 8AM class.

Apparently it had been cancelled for the remainder of the week and she totally forgot about it.

"I really need to pay better attention."

Running a hand through her hair she heard a chuckle from behind her and turned around to see her classmate and friend, Yeonjun, walking up to her with a bubble tea in each hand.

"You're cute."

Chaeyeon made a face upon hearing his compliment.

"I'm not."

"Anyways, good morning." He greeted with a cheery attitude.

Chaeyeon frowned knowing that for her it was not a good morning.

"It's not. Anyways, why are you here?"

"To hang out with you since I knew you forgot that this class was cancelled for the rest of the week."

He grinned as Chaeyeon rolled her eyes.

"Oh wow, the great and mighty Choi Yeonjun gracing me with his royal presence. Thank you so much for your thoughtfulness."

Yeonjun's excited expression dampened a bit.

"Gee, thanks, Chae. I was gonna give you this taro milk tea to make you feel better, but instead I'll enjoy it myself."

He smirked as he took a sip out of the purple drink.

"Ah, so delicious."

"Go ahead."

Chaeyeon shrugged as she walked right pass him.

"I'll buy myself something else and kill time before my next class."

Yeonjun followed after her with a pout.

"You do know that the taro was for you, right?"

"I do, but you put your nasty germs on it and so I don't want it."

"But you share things with everyone else though?"

"I know, but you're a different story."

"Then you can have the other one."

He offered her the greenish-brown drink.

"No thanks. I don't really like mint chocolate as bubble tea."

"It's not like I have cooties, Chae."

"Um, Jun, have you forgotten about your fans?"

She shot him a look.

"Because I'm not tryna get killed, which I'm surprised that there is none lurking around sending me death glares."

"Stop. I don't have fans." Yeonjun disagreed as he brushed off the topic.

"Whatever you wanna call them, they won't kill you. You're my friend and I haven't seen them give you any dirty looks."

"One, they're two-faced because when you turn around to look at them their so-called angelic faces appear. Two, I'm a female friend that's closer to you than they'll ever be to which to this day I still don't know how we're friends, honestly. We don't really have that much in common."

"Friends don't always have to have similar interests, Chaeyeon. It's mutual respect and a connection. Anyways, is that supposed to be a good thing or a bad thing?" Yeonjun interjected upon hearing the part about them being friends.

"You can take it however you want."

Chaeyeon chuckled before continuing.

"Anyways, true, but maybe it's because you always copy my homework and sit next to me in class when you can literally sit anywhere else."

"Because you have better handwriting and you don't stare at me constantly."

"I wonder why."

She rolled her eyes before shooting him a look.

"Psh. And here you say they're not your fans."

Chaeyeon then took the purple drink from him and took a sip to assure him of their close relationship.

"Thanks though, but you still owe me something to eat from last time."

"Yeah, yeah. I know. You won't stop reminding me. Anyways, forget about them. They're not important."

He dismissed the topic about the fans.

"I'll meet you in the library at our usual spot then, yeah?"

Yeonjun informed her as the two split in different directions. While Chaeyeon was casually making her way up the stairs towards the library she suddenly heard her name being shouted from behind her. Just as she had turned around to see who it was she was suddenly tackled to the ground with the person on top of her while her drink fumbled away from her.

"Smile!"

The male announced happily as he held up his phone with one hand while the other hand held a placard to take a self-portrait of himself and Chaeyeon which she immediately partially blocked her face in time.

"Get off, Sim Jaeyun!"

Chaeyeon tried shoving the friend and classmate of hers off of her.

Jaeyun chuckled nervously as he obeyed while backing away from Chaeyeon with a good amount of space between them as another friend and classmate, Park Jongseong, joined them a moment later while catching his breath.

"Sorry, Chaeyeon. I tried, but once he saw you he ran so fast that I couldn't keep up." Jongseong explained once he caught his breath before a cheeky smile appeared on his face.

"Also, I wanted to see what would happen and the outcome was hilarious."

"You're a brat, Jongseong." Chaeyeon scoffed while fixing herself, but shot the two a friendly look.

"What are you two doing out and about so early in the morning?"

"Trying to complete the scavenger list." Jaehyun answered as he held up his placard.

"I really want this customized leather jacket just for Beta Heta Mu members."

"Of course. You're cute, Jaeyun."

Chaeyeon smiled before her eyes landed on the boba that Yeonjun had given her.

"But you owe me a drink though."

"I will if only..."

"If only what?"

"Basically Jaeyun wants you to help him out with gaining points." Jongseong answered with a blank look.

"That's why he ran so fast to catch you."

"The last time I helped I still didn't get my reward."

Jaeyun nervously rubbed the back of his neck before casting the female a pleading look.

"I will double the reward. Please help me out, Chaeyeon, especially since you're a Nu Tau Zeta member and it'll double or even triple the points."

"Ugh, fine, but I'm only gonna do just like two with you since you tackled me."

She then glared at him.

"You already took one, so you're left with one now."

"Oh, thank you, thank you!" Jaeyun thanked her while wrapping his arms around her in a hug.

"You're the best."

"Yeah, yeah. You're lucky that you're cute. Anyways, just tell me one of them that you need to do."

"I don't get why you put up with it when you know that you don't want to do it." Jongseong stated as Chaeyeon shrugged.

"I dunno. I guess you gotta give good karma to receive good karma."

"Wow. So it's basically for your own selfish gain?"

"Sure, why not? Don't judge me, Jongseong."

"You're cute, Chaeyeon."

He laughed as she narrowed her eyes at Jongseong.

"You want to do a few tasks, too, don't you?"

"Am I that obvious?"

"If there's a customized leather jacket, then yes."

Jongseong laughed with a nod.

"You caught me."

"Anyways, I already did the 'Tackle the opposite gender'. Let's see what else I can do." Jaeyun muttered as he checked his list and marked off the ones that he had already done.

"Oh, how about this one, Chaeyeon?"

Jaeyun showed Chaeyeon one of the tasks as she nodded.

"Sure, Jaeyun."

Jaehun happily got his phone ready to take the picture as Chaeyeon endured Beta Heta Mu's scavenger list for the sake of friendship while partially covering her face since she didn't want to get exposed either. She ended up doing a few more for both Jongseong and Jaeyun. The things she does in wanting to help out friends since the tasks weren't breaking laws or humiliating towards the members or others involved. Something she definitely gave the fraternity credit for. After that the trio bid goodbyes with Chaeyeon picking up her wasted boba drink to toss before making her way inside the library.

Yeonjun entered the quiet area where he and Chaeyeon met often in the library while spotting her sleeping with her arms folded on the table and using them as pillows. He chuckled at the sight while placing a ham and cheese bagel sandwich along with an iced americano by her things. Once he settled in the chair next to her while taking a sip of his own iced americano did Chaeyeon stir awake. She looked over at him sleepily while scrunching her nose at the aroma of the drinks.

"Gah, I hate the smell of coffee."

Yeonjun's eyebrows furrowed.

"I thought you like coffee?"

"I actually don't like coffee at all."

She pushed her coffee away and towards Yeonjun while picking up the bagel to eat.

"Thanks."

He stared at Chaeyeon questioningly in mid-bite of his own ham and cheese bagel sandwich.

"Wait a minute, Chae. Are you telling me that you hate coffee despite me buying it for our study sessions together since we've met?"

"Uh, yeah, basically." Chaeyeon answered with a sheepish laugh.

"Sorry, not sorry?"

"Dude, why didn't you just tell me? You honestly finished it every time or left a little bit and I didn't think anything of it."

"Because you genuinely looked pleased every time you gave it to me. It was cute and I just didn't have it in me to tell you the truth."

"I can't believe you didn't tell me."

"You'll get over it. Anyways, Jun, now you have double the coffee for your day today."

Yeonjun side-eyed her while taking the other drink back and taking a quick sip from it.

"What else are you hiding from me?"

"A lot of things." 

Chaeyeon cast him a secretive smile as she continued eating the bagel. Yeonjun left the subject alone as he brought out his materials to study, a loose piece of paper floated to the ground and Chaeyeon went to retrieve it instead before her friend could. Upon closer inspection she realized that it was the same BHM scavenger list that Jaehyun had.

"I forgot you're a Beta Heta Mu member." Chaeyeon remarked while placing the paper on top of his bag.

"So you're doing this, too?"

"Something like that."

He picked up the paper to scan it.

"I haven't really started, but I don't think I'm gonna do it either."

"Why not?"

"I don't have time. I really need to pass my classes this semester. I barely managed last semester."

"It's easier to do with a friend or two, Yeonjun. The scavenger hunt list, I mean. I'm sure you have some."

Yeonjun rolled his eyes.

"I do, Chaeyeon, but my schedule doesn't correlate well with theirs."

She glanced at him curiously.

"Do you want to complete the list?"

"Well yeah, I do, but I don't have the time to do so."

"What do you get out of this list if you complete the whole thing?"

"Well the points I accumulate will give me entries to the End of the School Year raffle."

"But there's something else that you want, right?"

Yeonjun smiled embarrassed as t

Please log in to read the full chapter