TEASER ONE.

  순간들: THE MOMENTS IN LIFE. please read may 20 update
 
teaser one
yonsei university, seoul, 15:45pm. september 1st.
“i want to be your beautiful star, please understand me
i want to be a beautiful flower only for you so call me to shine on you”
oohyo - youth
 
many students were filling in the libraries tables and even its corners, some motivated to get ahead of their classmates before classes start while others had to start researching for their thesis but of course, there were some who were dragged by their friends. the halls were less packed than the library, albeit still crowded with students finishing lectures or lazying around with their peers. yong hada was one of them. she waved off her classmates who initially wanted to drag her to the library after the lecture ended, checking her watch for the time. if she were to start walking to get well soon, she’d arrive comfortably before her shift.
 
as she was leaving the nursing department building, she made sure to call home. home, as in her older sister yong haerin. “eonni, i’ll be late today because i’ll be working until closing hours but uncle promised to come home on time and he’ll be bringing dinner. don’t worry about anything,” she told her sister, trying not to worry about leaving her sister alone.
 
“it’s alright, sis. no worries needed,” her sister briefly replied back to which hada felt a sting pierce her heart instantly. haerin was still cold to her and her uncle. no matter how long it’s been since that fateful day, she still couldn’t bring herself to open up which hada understands in her mind but emotionally, it’s still quite hard to accept. because it hurts her to see haerin like this, more so when hada knows the reason to this pain. no matter how hard it was to live with her sister acting that way, hada can’t say anything. haerin is her only family in this world, she couldn’t hate her.
 
she just hoped that her older sister could find it inside herself to stop hating on herself so she can open up to the world and her family once more. a hope that hada knows is still quite far from coming true but if she doesn't clutch on to that hope, she honestly doesn't know who will.
 
 
 

, mr. chauffeur jung kisoo cursed in his mind as he saw the glimpse of harang walking out from the robinson campus with a cloud over her face and a pout to match it. it was obvious that she had a bad day and for mr. chauffeur jung, those days are when harang is the most moody and temperamental like during her childhood days. luckily, harang had dropped him a message to buy her a takeaway drink from the nearest starbucks. he knew that if she took a sip from that drink, everything would go away like magic. as strange as it may be, he does not dare to question no harang.

“here’s your order, young lady, one iced chocolate with two shots,” mr. chauffeur jung said as he handed the takeaway drink to harang after she sat herself in the black mercedes benz sedan.

“thank you so much, ahjussi! i'm sorry for putting you through the trouble since you were halfway here,” harang said as she took a sip from the straw of her drink. a smile was then visible on her face. mr. jung was relieved. the magic in that drink had worked as per usual.

harang knew the nearest starbucks from robinson was not far but she always felt bad for sulking sometimes and going on a lapse of being a kid. in times like this, she's grateful that mr. jung knew her well, considering the amount of years he’s spent working for her family but everything had slipped off of harang’s mind earlier when she had to confront a fellow student who had slacked off and contributed absolutely nothing for their group discussion report due in three days. it wouldn’t be her fault if the group erased that person’s name from the final version, right? there was no place for free-riders in noh harang’s book, after all.

“the pleasure is all mine, young lady. i assume you’ll be going to the game exhibition at level station today? i hear from the maid that the dress you picked out for yourself from givenchy is already waiting back home.”

harang smiled, “of course, i’ll be going. i’m the heiress of hwang-ok e-commerce, ahjussi, why wouldn’t i go? appearing in a beautiful dress after a hellish day sounds like a good refreshing to me, let’s go!”

 
 
 

lim haesol hurried to his room after his thesis consultation was over, quickly jumping into the shower. the fast beating of his heart made the world around him feel as if it were moving so slow compared to his own movements. the crazy things his beating heart does to him, courtesy of nam seohee of course. who else had the power to magically cast a spell on him like right now? all due to a phone call asking him to come to the game exhibition of level station. her giggle sounded so sweet as she reminded him to wear a suit. oh, there's no denying how bewitching she was.

all the haste paid off as the world around him slowed down again like a slow-motion sequence from a movie when she turned to him and walked towards him from the crowd of people. oh, how he wished to pinch himself when he made eye contact with her as she was dressed in a dark blue jumpsuit with eye makeup shimmering under the lights of the party.

“took you long enough, haesol,” she said as she fist bumped him. she looked around as if to see whether or not he arrived alone.

“ah, the others already made it before me. i had to ask professor won about my thesis earlier and it took a while for him to roast me so i was a bit late,” haesol awkwardly chuckled as seohee sent a smile his way before snatching two champagne glasses from a waiter passing by.

“good luck, i’m sure you’ll do fine with your thesis. i'd be more than happy to help because gosh, i had the worst day ever and i need to let off some steam,” seohee finished the remaining champagne from her glass in one shot as her gaze shifted to another corner of the room towards a certain person haesol knows all too well. haesol turned to see the scene she was looking at. it was indeed that jerk with the nerve and shamelessness to introduce his fiancée in front of everyone including seohee herself.

“for once, i’m grateful for the little princess’ appearance later. at least, if she pops up here, he and that trophy fiancée of his wouldn’t be the talk of the room,” seohee sneered, albeit the noticeable bitterness in her tone.

just when haesol was about to reply to her words, the lights redirected itself to the main stage of the room as noh insoo and noh harang, the current head of hwang-ok e-commerce and the heiress set to inherit it all, walked together to the mic podium located on the main stage.

haesol knew that from that moment, the night was only just beginning to unfold. he just hoped that he didn't need to interact one bit with seohee’s ex jerk because honestly, he'd just want to punch him in the face.

 
it's TML author silvi here and this is a teaser i've had on draft somewhere in my laptop for a while so i'm glad i can finally unravel it to aff because i did feel like it was the right timing to update a teaser when apps are getting rare. shoutout to kyu (zelodegrees) for yet another stunning layout (´꒳`)♡
 
anyways, i hope you enjoyed this one so let me know how you feel about my writing (because this is roughly how i'll be portraying each person or place) and the little plot that was going on here surrounding the current roster because i appreciate any exchange of opinions going on in the comments!
 
author's note
 
by zelodegrees.