Separation and affinity arise in heaven

Fallen Kitty Angel and The Human Butler (Discontinued)

A/N: Hello, an update after a long hiatus. I am having trouble extending the plot but am determined to complete this. Will be taking my time to finish this story. Thank you!

------------------------------------------

It was a beautiful windy Sunday morning, which meant weekly walks at Hangang park for Jennie. Jisoo walked behind her little furball, making sure that her pet would not run away as Jennie was not put on a leash. After being lashed by Jennie's sharp "claws", Jisoo knew very well to never force a leash on her pet again. Nonetheless, her cat was obedient and would still come back to find her even if it has disappeared for a while. Walking along the path enjoying the crisp morning air, Jennie felt blissful of her simple cat life. Maybe she had finally accepted her fate of being a cat. However, the feeling of bliss was short-lived as her super sharp cat hearing heard the fast-paced zooming behind her inching closer and closer every second. She took a glance behind her to see a bicycle headed towards Jisoo. With her cat-like agility, she immediately leapt over to Jisoo's side pushing her away to avoid the incoming reckless cyclist.

Jennie's heroic act did not go unnoticed and got the attentions of a few immortals.

"Oh my, did you see that Goddess?" asked Angel Yeri, as she was watched her sister saved a mortal together with her Goddess mother from the sky.

"Jennie is learning well from this mortal," said Goddess Irene and the goddess walked away with a hopeful smile on her face. Making sure that the goddess had left, Angel Yeri chuckled to herself before replying in a soft voice, "of course, if Goddess mother Seulgi and I didn't plan for it, unnie wouldn't meet Jisoo. Hope that unnie doesn't have to come back yet. She has yet to remember events of her past life."

While being lost in her thoughts, Goddess Seulgi appeared next to Yeri, which scared the young angel. The young angel held her right hand over her heart and said, "you scared me, Goddess mother." The young angel then frowned and told Seulgi her concern, "at this rate, Jennie is going to come back without any memories of her past life."

"The memory erasing Goddess had overdosed Jennie with the memory erasing potion," said Seulgi.

"Isn't a cup supposed to be effective?" said Angel Yeri, being all too familiar with the process as she has to guide countless of good spirits to drink the famous heavenly concoction before their rebirth into the human realm.

Seulgi explained, "She couldn't put down her past when she was about to reincarnate. Given that your Godess mother Irene had decided to let her reincarnate to an angel, Jennie had to forget everything. The only way was to overdose Jennie until she had forgotten everything."  

Seulgi herself also did not remember her past life even after being a supreme immortal being. She was glad that she couldn't remember her past life as she doesn't want to be a slave to it. She had seen countless of unsettled spirits who ended up in the lowest realm of hell just because they were unable to let go of their past life. Myabe it was for Jennie's good but it was still cruel as Jennie's affinity with Jisoo hasn't end in her previous life. It had also extended to this unfortunate lifetime whereby Jennie's an angel while Jisoo's a mere mortal. 

--------

Jennie fiercely hissed a the cyclist as he cycled away without apologising. She turned around to find Jisoo's lying on the ground, with her eyes closed. Going closer to the human, she noticed that Jisoo was unconscious after she hit her head onto a tree. To make the matter worse, blood was oozing out of the human's head. Jennie started to panic. Not knowing what to do, she meowed in distressed which fortunately caught the ears of the immortal mother and daughter duo who were looking out for her from above.

"Look, Jisoo is injured," said Yeri worriedly. 

"Let's go." Goddess mother Seulgi then teleported the both of the to the mortal world and they transformed into their human form. 

Yeri and Seulgi ran to where Jennie was and dispersed the crowd. They picked Jisoo up and gave the crowd a smile to assure them that the human was alright. Seulgi pulled out a towel from her pocket using magic and pressed the cloth on the human's bleeding head. She then told Yeri to grab Jennie and rann to the nearest tree on the left. After making their way behind the tree, Seulgi teleported them immediately to Jisoo's apartment. 

The two immortals placed the human on her bed and performed a healing spell to heal the wound and to restore the energy balance in the human. Jennie, had already caught on that the two person had magical powers. She meowed at them fiercely as a way to tell the magical beings to reveal themselves. After making sure that Jisoo was healed, the two immortals turned back into their angel form. Jennie was unexpected and immediately leaped into the angels' arms, missing her dear Goddess mother and angel sister.

"I miss you too, unnie," said angel Yeri, as she brought her sister closer to her face. She then told her sister, "Jisoo is fine. Let her rest for the day. She should be up by tomorrow. In the meantime, let's catch up." 

The two immortals made their way outside and got comfortable on the couch. Jennie was following behind them but had her head turned back a couple of times, looking worriedly at the human that was lying on the bed.

"So, Jisoo has been really good to you huh? Don't worry, she is just sleeping," said Seulgi as she got up and picked the cat up before placing her on her lap.

"Your Goddess mother Irene is really proud of how far you have came. Are you excited to come back?" asked Seulgi. Although Jennie was waiting for the day to go back to heaven, she had grown close to Jisoo and did not want to leave the human. 

Not wanting to show her unwillingness, she nodded and gave a fake smile. However, that did not go unnoticed by the two immortals.

---------

"Did you see that just now," asked Yeri, after Jennie left the hall to stay by Jisoo's side. 

"Our Jennie angel is definitely falling for the mortal," replied the Goddess, smiling at the progress. Maybe true love may not require past memories after all.

Seulgi remembered a touching moment between the angel and mortal over a century ago.

- Flashback -

"Ghim Jisoo, you are sentenced to hell for killing King Jaemin until you are deemed fit to reincarnate again. Be lucky that your crime was out of love for the crown princess that you had served in your previous life."

Goddess Irene declared her verdict before waving her hand to signal to the heavenly guards to send the imperial palace maid spirit to hell. 

Still, Jisoo was indignant of her punishment as she did everything out of justice. She protested even as the guards restrained her by sides, dragging her towards the portal that led to hell, "he deserved it! He killed his half-sister for the throne!"

"Silence! He would have received his just desserts when the time was right but you decided to play God. How dare you, mere mortal!"

Goddess Seulgi almost shuddered at the sight of the livid Goddess Irene who slammed the armrest of her throne. She could only look at the mortal pitily as the heavenly guards dragged the spirit that was trashing around to get out of their grips and legs planted firmly on the ground to counter the dragging force. Although Seulgi was sympathetic towards the imperial palace maid spirit that was loyal to her crown princess, she couldn't do anything as Jisoo still had to serve her punishment for murdering the newly annointed King Jaemin of Goryeo. Seulgi then noticed her new angel daughter, Jennie, standing by the far end of the heavenly court. She guessed that Jennie most likely disturbed by the commotion earlier even though the angels that were accompanying Jennie were instructed by Irene not to let the girl enter, lest the mortal spirit decided to harm Jennie.

Seulgi noticed a sly tear almost rolling down Jennie's right eye before the latter wiped it off. Although Seulgi could tell that Jennie had no impression of the mere mortal in front of her, it must be a case of true love for it to ade even the most powerful potion of the heavens. 

---------------

Seulgi was determined to make things right and not stay powerless anymore. She said to herself, "we will do everything in our power to bring you two lovebirds together. We are not letting history repeat itself again."