Special

Note

I've been thinking about this story for quite a while and have decided to write a special chapter since you wanted a sequel. Honestly, I wasn't thinking of making a sequel for this one but logging in after two months, I saw your comments. So, here goes nothing. I hope I don't disappoint xD Anyway, if you're satisfied with how things ended on the first part, you can skip this :D Enjoy!

***

Sojung was getting worried. It was exactly three days since she parted ways with Yerin. And three days after leaving the note on her door. Sojung was restless for the days that passed, but she couldn't bring herself to text the younger first because she was afraid of getting rejected.

 

"Did she not see the note? No, I placed it perfectly on her line of sight."

 

Sojung was rambling to herself as she paced back and forth the room. Sojung was currently in her new workplace. Before graduating, she was scouted by a famous modeling agency that offered a valuable pay and assurance she was looking for. Many companies nowadays don't value their people, and with everyone getting kicked out of their jobs, she needed that assurance that she wouldn't be taken for granted.

 

"Kim Sojung, can you please, stop walking around! You've been doing that since you got here."

 

Sojung heaved a sigh before walking towards her only audience in the room. She sat beside her and closed her eyes.

 

"Nayeon."

 

"What?"

 

"I'm going to tell you something, but please tell me what you think about it."

 

Nayeon, another model she had made friends with years before, turned her attention to the frustrated girl. She nodded with such interest that Sojung got nervous and turned away.

 

"So there's this girl—"

 

"You mean, Yerin?"

 

Sojung turned so fast that she's sure she got whiplashed. The uneasiness she's been trying to mask earlier was evident that Nayeon couldn't keep her face straight and started laughing. 

 

"Continue."

 

Sojung cleared , trying her best to ease the nervousness. She heaved a breath, this was a lot easier on her head. 

 

"Last Friday, after our graduation, I said I'll confess to her, but it's been three days, and she still hasn't called."

 

She said in a low voice, her hopes of Yerin liking her back dropping to the floor. Nayeon remained quiet, thinking what's the best approach.

 

"What if she just needs time?"

 

Sojung stopped fiddling with her coat. Thinking back, she never thought about what Yerin would think about with this whole situation. It didn't help that she told her about confessing on her last day at university. 

 

"Was I too fast?"

 

Nayeon shook her head and put her hand on Sojung's shoulder, assuring her.

 

"No, you're anything but fast, Sojung. I'm just saying, maybe she needs time to process all of this? You see, you've been roommates since her first day at university and suddenly you're gonna tell her you like her when you've been anything but obvious the whole time. Cut her some slack."

 

What Nayeon said wasn't the whole truth, but she wanted to assure Sojung that it's okay. She'll have to talk to Jihyo later to know what's taking Yerin so long to call.

 

"Stop pouting, it doesn't suit you."

 

-

 

After Sojung said her goodbyes, she immediately went to her car and drove back to her apartment. As she arrived, she grabbed her handbag and went inside. After taking a shower, she lay on her bed and closed her eyes. The day was coming to an end, yet there was still no call or message from the younger. Her mind did what it does best, overthink. 

 

"Did I put the note too high? Did she even saw it? Was I wrong for doing that instead of just confessing?"

 

The reason for not being straightforward was because she is a coward. She's scared of Yerin's reaction, scared that she'll get rejected. That's why she chose to put a note on her last day. That way, if Yerin rejects her, she wouldn't have to see the younger anymore. There wouldn't be a reason to stay in love with someone who doesn't feel the same. The sound from her phone interrupted her from overthinking. She reached for it on the bedside table, she opened it, and saw Yerin's message.

 

From: Yennie

Where are you?

 

Sojung's eyes widened, why was Yerin asking her where she is? It's almost midnight. 

 

To: Yennie

I'm home. Why?

Read 11:52 PM

 

Sojung waited for a reply, but minutes have passed, it was already 11:58 in the evening. Sojung's eyebrows furrowed as she was confused, lost even.

 

What are you doing to me, Yerin?

 

She closed her eyes again to sleep now, hopefully. But the sound of the doorbell was too loud to become unnoticed. She sat up from her bed with a huff and went to the door. She didn't care looking at the monitor, too annoyed to do so. She was ready to give the intruder an earful, but she was frozen on her spot when she saw Yerin standing there. She was catching her breath as she smiled at Sojung. Perhaps, Sojung was in a dazed she didn't hear Yerin call her. Yerin was shaking her by the shoulders when she finally went back to reality. She faked a cough to ease her awkwardness. Yerin was still out of breath when she spoke.

 

"Would you-, would you please let me in?"

 

Sojung jumped slightly at the realization and fully opened the door for Yerin. She let Yerin go first in her living room. She sat while roaming her eyes around the older's apartment. Sojung went to her kitchen to grab a glass of water. Yerin mouthed thanks before drinking. 

 

"What are you doing here?"

 

Sojung didn't intend to make it sound like she didn't want Yerin there. In fact, she was delighted with Yerin's appearance. Yerin started fidgeting, she got a lot nervous.

 

"The-, the note. Is it true?"

 

"Yes."

 

"Since when?"

 

Sojung averted her gaze, finding it hard to speak with Yerin staring at her like... that.

 

"My third year, your second year."

 

"It's been... that long? How come I didn't know?"

 

Sojung heard Yerin scoff. It was slowly bringing her to tears.

 

"I... wasn't obvious enough, I guess? Yerin, look. I'm sorry I only had the courage while leaving the university. That was- very coward of me. I u-understand if you don't feel the same. I'll get over it soon, I think? Yeah..."

 

Sojung trailed off, still refusing to look at Yerin. Her eyes were starting to sting as she tries to stop the tears from falling. She heard Yerin sigh before she heard a rustling. 

 

She's leaving. Gosh, Sojung, you .

 

"Can you please look at me, Sojung?"

 

Sojung's tears roll off her cheeks as she looks at Yerin who's looking at her with such care. Yerin wasted no time and pulled her close. She hugged her tightly and snuggled on her neck. 

 

"I like you, so much that I won't forgive myself if I let you love alone."

 

-

 

a/n:

hi there! 2 months since I last had something to write and a little longer than a year since I had this "rest" status. I have found out recently that I was burnout and I was doing it wrong with stopping writing all of a sudden. So, here I am trying to overcome burnout by writing more. And it actually helped me a lot. I'm slowly getting back to where I left off. Anyway, that's that for my life happening.

 

I wrote this special chapter for a friend who's going to celebrate her birthday in a few days. Happy birthday! Although there are still days left before your birthday. I actually have a confession to make. Last year, I wasn't able to greet you because I was planning on writing a yumji au for you but with the burnout thingy, I wasn't able to. Even messaging was a very hard task. xD

 

To everyone who supported and still supports me, thank you. I hope you enjoyed!