Chapter 2 - Porsche Guy

Parallels

Taehyung

The sound of Taehyung’s phone chiming wakes him up at the ripe old time of 7am, he groans and reaches to the bedside table to retrieve it, and is almost annoyed at the disturbance until he recognises the incoming email to be from the acting agency. 

Taehyung furiously unlocks his phone, impatiently repeating his unlock pattern, almost locking himself out in the process from trying it too many times. The email sits in the notification queue, staring Taehyung in the face, he presses it slowly, now preparing himself for disappointment until reading the words congratulations and accepted, eyes going wide like a shocked cat at the idea of him actually being accepted for this job. 

No, he couldn’t have. The universe never gives Taehyung what he wants, why now? 

But it has, the universe has finally delivered, just a little bit, and Taehyung scans over the email, eyes still like a deer in the headlights in complete disbelief at his luck. 

He had done it, he’d been accepted to shoot 18 episodes of a drama,18! Taehyung leapt out of bed, no longer feeling as tired as one usually would at this time in the morning, feeling alive at the idea that his life might be at least 5% better from this news. 

This job wouldn’t solve all of his problems, but it would solve a bit of crippling debt. 

Taehyung found himself at the small dining table, staring at the email through watery eyes, hardly able to see the writing anymore. Filming begins the following day, providing he can reply to the email to confirm he is available to start so soon which he of course will.

The debt letters on the table seemed a fraction less scary now, and Taehyung immediately begins to organise them into date order to start with paying off the oldest ones, not believing the turn of events in his life. 

Taehyung saunters over to the kitchen cabinet, deciding he’s hungry now that he’s up this early and opens it to retrieve a suspiciously light box of cereal. He grabs a bowl from the lower cabinet, trying not to be too disappointed when no more than 15 pieces of cereal fall out of the box he’s pouring. 

It’s okay, this news is too good to be upset over something so trivial. Taehyung opens the fridge, there’s no milk. Okay, dry cereal today, he has good news for once and nothing is standing in the way, not today. He sits at the dingy dining table, shovelling dry cereal into his mouth as he decides to not be upset today about the fact that he wants nothing more than some grand, delicious cooked breakfast to celebrate his triumph. 

Taehyung decides that maybe tomorrow he’ll treat himself to a small, budget lunch while out filming, he’d had some mild success on a few decent paid surveys the previous night and wanted nothing more than to feel like a normal member of society tomorrow, eating out on his work break, like everybody else did. 

For now, though, it was dry cereal, clogging his mouth up like sawdust. It’s okay though, slightly better times are coming and Taehyung has been waiting years. 

 

Hoseok

Freshly cooked, delicious breakfast meats sit mouth wateringly on Hoseok’s dining table, ready to be devoured before another long day at work. It was one of those days when Hoseok was craving a life of fulfilling activities other than running a company. 

He is eternally grateful for his life, his company, his staff, and the grand breakfast in front of him, but today he’s craving someone else’s life. Daydreaming of opening his phone and seeing some sort of group-chat with a loving friendship circle, being able to drop a “good morning guys, who wants to hang out?” message. Daydreaming of replies flooding back from close pals who all want to ditch whatever plans they had today and hit the town, ready for a day of friends and fun. 

Unfortunately, this isn’t Hoseok’s life, not today and maybe not ever. He has a business to run, and this is the life of a successful business man, and he wouldn’t dare take it for granted. He just wanted someone, anyone, to feel normal with even if only once every few months on a rare off day. 

Hoseok clears the plates from his breakfast, satisfied that it would fill him up until at least dinner time when he might catch a food break at work. He gets himself ready for the day, glancing at the clock to see 7:26am, wondering if he has time to pick up some coffees to hand out to the dance instructors working this morning. Something he liked to do every couple of months. 

He wasn’t trying to buy friendship or socialisation, he just loved seeing the happy bright eyes of hard working dance teachers when they realise their highest boss remembers how they take their coffee. He had bought coffee machines to situate in each break room and office not too long after opening the academy, but of course the watered down lattes from a workplace coffee machine don’t compare to whatever double shot, skinny, almond milk frappuccino people would choose if they were buying. 

Hoseok loves to make people happy, especially his staff. He knows his money means he can do this often, and is wary of being taken advantage of, but one man doesn’t need as much as he has, and making staff feel valued means he makes even more money from having a record breaking low turnover of staff. Staff always stay at least a year at Hope World, and if they do leave after only one year it’s because of their own circumstances in life. Keeping staff is cost effective, and Hoseok knows this is what makes him a great businessman. 

The time is now creeping up to 7:30am, and Hoseok knows he needs to finish gathering his things and drive to Starbucks already. He slings his bag over his shoulder and makes his way to the private underground car park of the apartment complex, spotting the vibrant mint green Porsche immediately and hopping in ready to speed away. 

Hoseok adores the feeling of driving a fancy car with the windows down, it makes him feel kind of free and alive somehow. He isn’t typically materialistic but he worked too hard for this car to not appreciate the feeling of the smooth, fast drive, wind blowing in his hair, speakers blasting great music. 

He listens to a rapper these days, he doesn’t remember how he found him but after a weird, sad one off evening of loneliness pangs and feeling sorry for himself he’d discovered a tiny Youtube channel called Agust D, who seemed to have written music for every emotion a human could feel, and Hoseok had stumbled across a song that spoke to him about feeling isolated in the world, thus causing a delve into this Agust D character’s work. So this was what he listened to now on the drive to work. 

Hoseok appreciated the anonymity of Agust D, as much as he’d love to put a real name and a face to the voice and genius lyrics one day, he admired the notion of putting your feelings into your music without expecting fame, truly the Banksy of music. Hoseok is a high profile businessman, and often wonders what it’s like to be anonymous like that. With these thoughts of anonymity Hoseok also wonders whether to make an anonymous donation to the Agust D channel through the donation link that this person had buried in the channel description, assuring his tiny fanbase that they never should feel as if they have to donate and only to do so if they had anything spare, Hoseok liked this attitude, it made him want to help out the small musician even more. After all, he assumed this talented man had to write, produce, master, edit, fix, check, check again, and post, all alone, he didn’t seem to have help, and Hoseok loves to help people.

After a quick trip to Starbucks, the Hope World academy gates appear in front of Hoseok as he turns a corner, waiting with the break on as they open for him and driving in, approaching the speed bumps cautiously so as to not overturn the two trays of coffees sat on the passenger seat. 

He gets out of the now parked car and walks around to the passenger side, retrieving the trays of coffee and shutting the door with his hip and just about managing to press the lock button on the car key in his mouth with his teeth, hearing a click and the sound of the wing mirrors retracting, ready to head inside, thankful for the invention of automatic doors as he carefully holds a coffee tray in each hand. 

“Coffee delivery?” Hoseok beams, poking his head around the first studio room door. 

“You did a coffee run this morning?” a petite lady calls out excitedly from her position on the floor, stretching in preparation for this morning's class. 

“I did indeed,” Hoseok chirps, now walking fully into the studio and towards his colleague, Seri. Hoseok will only ever refer to his staff as staff if he’s speaking of them collectively for business use, individually they’re colleagues. They’re not his subordinates, his inferiors, his underlings, or anything that means they’re below him, as much as they technically are. They’re more than that, they’re real people who are his colleagues, his coworkers, his team. Just because some pieces of paper say so; no one is truly Hoseok’s subordinate, not the instructors nor the office staff. Every team member at Hope World is a human being with a name and will be treated as such, no excuses. 

“Yours is the one there on the right most corner of the tray in my right hand,” Hoseok gestures his head toward the drink, “small iced latte with oat milk and a shot of low fat vanilla syrup.” 

“Wow thank you, Boss! I mean, Hoseok,” Seri gushes, suddenly remembering the countless times that Hoseok has reminded her to address him casually. 

“No problem at all, Seri,” Hoseok grins happily as she removes her drink from the tray. “I figured you’d all enjoy starting this sunny morning with a real coffee, and I’m sure this iced one will keep you cool.”

“I mean, there’s nothing wrong with the coffee machines you provide, it’s free after all! But having said that I do appreciate a Starbucks, you’re so thoughtful,” Seri hums, sipping through the green straw, eyes lighting up at the taste of a sweet iced drink. 

“Ah it’s nothing, what’s a coffee run every couple of months? As long as you’re happy. And I hope you have a good class this morning, don’t work too hard. Anyway, I’d better go deliver the rest of the goods,” Hoseok jokes, nodding toward the 7 remaining coffees, wrists beginning to ache from the weight of this many drinks. 

He had seen those coffee carriers with the handles in TV shows, so why does nowhere seem to actually provide them? He ponders searching online to buy one, it would make the coffee run mornings 110% easier. 

“Ah of course, have a good day yourself!” Seri waves Hoseok off as he disappears through the open door, rounding the corner to the next studio room. 

Hoseok delivers 6 more coffees to 6 very happy dance teachers, wishing each of them a great class as he ambles up to his own office, 7th remaining coffee for him to enjoy at his desk, an extra shot of caffeine for good measure to get through the long day. 

A solid, productive 2 hours of work happen until there’s a knock on his glass office door, Hoseok gestures his colleague in with a smile. Miss Lee, Hoseok’s colleague who delivered the reports only yesterday. She is one of his staff who refuses to call him Hoseok, but he was used to it at this point and knew she preferred to lay lowkey and quiet around here and couldn’t blame her for it, some people like to keep their work life very professional. 

“Morning, Miss Lee, how are you?” he converses, knowing it was going to be one way but not minding too much. 

“Good morning, Sir, I’m well, just seeking your advice on a gentleman who has turned up requesting to speak to you about being hired here as a dance instructor. I advised him that I’m not even sure if you’re even thinking about hiring right now, and that you’re also incredibly busy. Would you like me to turn him away? Or shall I take his details down for HR to keep in the database in case of needing to hire?” Miss Lee asks, the situation explained clear and concise by her as usual. 

Hoseok ponders, people don’t tend to turn up here wanting a job. Usually when he hires an advert is put out online and he helps HR trawl through applications to find suitable candidates. He can’t think of a time that someone has turned up out of the blue wanting to speak to him specifically about hiring all of a sudden. 

He feels guilty at the thought of turning the poor guy away, but also feels guilty about taking his details knowing full well they’ll just sit in the computer system for an indefinite amount of time. Hoseok chuckles at the boldness of the man, wondering if someone with so much desire would be maybe worth a chat to, he can’t say he wouldn’t normally do this; because the scenario has never arisen. 

“You know what, bring him up here,” Hoseok smirks, “why not? I admire his determination.”

Miss Lee almost looks taken aback, but remains professional, uttering a polite ‘of course, Sir’ and bowing out of the office. Hoseok sits back in his office chair, excited to meet this go-getter of a man, wondering if he’s brought his CV along and all. In fact Hoseok wonders if maybe he’s just excited to have a conversation that's different from his repetitive daily business talk. He has one unused dance studio only because it’s still being built, but it will be ready in no more than a week. He wasn’t planning on hiring someone for it immediately or even for a while, it was going to be more of a spare studio, but Hope World only has 1 other male dance instructor, so if this man can bring something special to the table, screw the spare studio, it can be his. 

Hoseok tries not to get his hopes up too much, aware that he’s pretty much already decided he wants to hire this random man within 5 minutes of pondering it, but knows he needs to still think business-like and can’t be too impulsive with this, letting excitement cloud his professional thinking. 

Miss Lee appears once again at his office, knocking once more at the huge door, but now with a petite man with baby pink, middle parted, soft looking hair, also adorning soft facial features and smiley eyes. Someone was blessed in the looks department, what kind of angel is this at his door? Hoseok muses, one corner of his mouth forming an approving grin. 

“Come in!” he calls out. Miss Lee opens the door for the man, showing him in, giving him and Hoseok a bow and excusing herself, advising the man to exit through the way that they just came when he is finished, he nods and bows in response with a thank you, now turning to Hoseok excitedly. 

“Hi Mr Jung, my name is Jimin!” the man almost squeals. Hoseok lets out a happy kind of exhale, suddenly not sure how to take the enthusiastic man standing before him, realising he’s already even better than he imagined just a minute ago. 

“I- uh, call me Hoseok, really! It’s so nice to meet you,” he says as he gestures to the client seat on the other side of his desk, to which Jimin happily sits himself down in, crossing one leg over the other elegantly. 

“Oh, wow, okay!” Jimin chirps in surprise, beaming from ear to ear, most likely not believing his luck today. 

“Can I get you anything to drink?” Hoseok gestures behind him to the coffee machine. 

“Oh no, I’m okay thank you,” Jimin returns. 

“No worries,” Hoseok hums, studying Jimin carefully, “so you wanted to speak to me today?”

“I do,” Jimin confirms “I hope I’m not wasting your time, I know you must be very busy and wouldn’t normally do this, I know you don’t know me but, I really wanted to meet you and talk.” Jimin sort of rambles, Hoseok finds it very endearing. 

“I have time for everyone, Jimin, doesn’t matter who you are,” he smiles kindly at the smaller man, who’s eyes widen in blissful surprise at how well this was already going for him, suspecting Jimin wasn’t going to bother getting his hopes up about a meeting, admiring that he just gave it a shot anyway. Hoseok believes that if you don’t ask you don’t get. 

“And that is exactly why I’m here,” Jimin says, now in a more serious tone. 

“Oh?” Hoseok raises an eyebrow, sitting back and gesturing his arms at Jimin as if to say ‘please, go on’, now getting intrigued. 

“I actually work for Violet Dance Academy, I assume you’re familiar,” Jimin begins, earning one solid confirmation nod from Hoseok who continues to keep his mouth shut so Jimin can talk. “Well, please don’t consider this slander- because I have worked there for a lot of years and put my all into it- but I’m growing unhappy. Without mentioning anything or anyone in particular, I don’t feel as if I’m truly at my full potential there. I have been researching you for a while now, and kept Hope World Academy in the back of my thoughts constantly as an idea of somewhere that might appreciate my skills, if you catch my drift? Your professional reputation precedes you, I admire it.” 

“Ahh,” Hoseok hums with a light chuckle, “don’t worry, Jimin, I’ve heard all that I need to hear about Violet Academy from various sources. I understand, and thank you for the kind words about me,” he states, keeping it professional. Jimin nods in agreement, relieved that he doesn’t need to risk slander by explaining the intent behind his words. 

Hoseok really had heard all that he needs to, he has enough business acquaintances across the city to have an in depth understanding of the other academies in his vicinity, it’s simply called having competitors, and Hoseok knew that Violet was incomparable to Hope World long before he managed to exceed their success levels because people talk, nothing more nothing less. The owner of Violet is corrupt, the higher managers are mostly corrupt, and Hoseok knows that Hope World earned its reputation for positive staff morale fair and square, simply due to Hoseok just being a good human.

“I’m glad you understand, I really have admired you for a long time and I know with certainty that I could reach high potentials as a dance instructor here, I would make you proud. I even brought my CV along and prepared a cover letter for you,” Jimin offers an envelope containing the two documents, which Hoseok ignores as he leans forward, narrowing his eyes at Jimin. 

“High potential?” he asks, having observed Jimin’s sudden change in wording. 

“I’m sorry?”

“You said high potential, initially you said full potential, what’s your end goal here?” Hoseok quizzes, not suspiciously, just curiously. Jimin visibly swallows, probably not intending to slip up on this.

“Honestly,” he says slowly “I want to own my own dance academy,” Jimin says now with full confidence returned, clearly willing to risk this job opportunity in the name of honesty and transparency. 

Hoseok loves Jimin already. 

“Ah, I see, so you’d end up as my competitor?” he smirks, adoration filling Hoseok’s eyes at the bright, ambitious young spark sitting before him. 

“It’s not like that,” Jimin begins, taking a second to think of his next choice of words before Hoseok holds a hand up to prevent him from continuing. 

Jimin’s shoulders fall in disappointment, his entire aura looking like he wants to kick himself for shooting himself in the foot like this.

“You’re hired,” Hoseok states bluntly. Jimin blinks quickly a few times, opening and closing his mouth like a fish. “I mean, I want to hire you, rather. I have a new studio room in the works, it’ll be finished within the week.” 

“I don’t know what to say,” Jimin admits, still blinking nervously, letting his confidence falter a small bit at the sheer shock of it.

“Jimin,” Hoseok begins, sitting forward in his seat and linking his hands together on the desk in front of him. “Everyone needs to start somewhere, I didn’t wake up one day and buy an academy, I started off as an instructor just like you, working at a dance academy knowing full well that one day I would leave and become their competitor. Who am I to hold you back? Ambition keeps the world turning, it keeps civilization thriving, you’d be surprised how many people aren’t ambitious like you and I.” Jimin nods at Hoseok’s words enthusiastically, completely beside himself at how well this meeting turned out, not even having a clue what other bomb Hoseok would drop on him in the next few seconds.

“You know what I didn’t have, though?” Hoseok continues, Jimin shakes his head in response, eyebrows furrowing at the question, “I didn’t have anyone to guide me, a mentor to take me under their wing. I still achieved what I wanted to, but I could have done it even sooner and better had I not done it alone. Of course I am incredibly proud of what I achieved on my own, but I think the sooner Seoul is blessed with Jimin’s academy the better, so consider me your mentor from now on. Work hard for me here, and as well as a better salary than your previous job, I’ll teach you how to become a true businessman, deal?”

Jimin’s mouth actually opened fully, sitting there like a guppy for a whole 10 seconds before finally gathering his confidence back, shaking his head like a dog after getting wet, and sitting up straight. 

“Thank you, I mean, thank you so much, I don’t even know what to say, just thank you thank you thank you,” Jimin gushes, bowing in his seat, hands shaking slightly. He clasps his hands together, trying to cover that fact up, but Hoseok has already noticed and smiles at him adoringly like a proud father, even though he’d just met the man not 10 minutes ago. 

Hoseok is happy with the decisions he made today, it was spontaneous, and not at all how he imagined his morning would pan out, but he was excited. It has been so long since someone with the same fiery passion as Hoseok has appeared in his life. He’s met a lot of incredible dance teachers, he has hired a lot of incredible dance teachers, but he’s never looked at a young man radiating so much ambition and seen so much of himself in his eyes. Jimin is everything, and Hoseok not only is not only exceedingly excited to help this passionate man achieve his dream- the same dream that Hoseok once had and achieved- but for the first time in years, he’s looking at someone who he could see becoming a friend. Hoseok needs a friend, and he knows Jimin will be one, a very good one. 

“You don’t need to thank me, I know this is a lot to take in, but if I’ve learned anything from meeting the people that I’ve met, Jimin, it’s that everyone deserves their big break in life, and I am thrilled to provide you with yours, welcome to Hope World.” 

 

Yoongi

Leg shaking nervously, Yoongi sits in the main lobby of the university as he waits to be instructed on where to go for the day. He wonders who he will be teaching piano to today, he’s truly nervous. He’s done gigs like this before, but not for a while. He had gotten comfortable with teaching the same handful of students every week, same day, same time, same student. This was definitely a step out of his comfort zone, but stepping out of his comfort zone is something Yoongi tried to do sometimes. 

It had been a weird morning. Yoongi woke up feeling sick with anxiety about today, not sure why he was this nervous, but he couldn’t help it. Universities are big, crowded, and full of strangers. What if Yoongi teaches someone but they hate him and walk out of the lesson angrily or something? These weren’t children that didn't really know how to judge him yet, they were young adults with opinions who had university stress, busy lives, and if they were people who couldn’t afford piano lessons and were most likely here on scholarship, who knows what they’ve been through in their lives?

Yoongi feels too many things, for himself and for everyone around him, why does he have to feel everything so intensely? He began the short walk to the university still feeling anxious, struggling to make his feet keep moving, wishing the ground would swallow him up from how nervous he was, he had silently asked for a sign that today would be okay and that he had nothing to worry about, and suddenly an extortionate looking mint green Porsche was stopped at a traffic light right next to him, blasting...his own music? 

Yoongi had stopped in his tracks upon hearing his own Agust D track playing in some rich person’s car, frozen in awe. He knew he had a few quiet fans but who was this fancy Porsche owner, driving along appreciating Yoongi’s depressing music so much that he was willing to blast it in his extremely conspicuous car? The driver even looked rich, sporting beautiful, fashionable clothes, and such a neat, styled hair cut, he couldn’t remember the man’s face in detail sadly, it was all too quick. 

Yoongi is pulled out of his reminiscing about this morning's events by his phone pinging, he pulls it out of his front pocket to check it, still feeling dazed over the sign that the universe had given him this morning that today would be okay. A ‘new donation’ notification sits on his lock screen, Yoongi is surprised as he hasn’t received a donation in quite a while. The last one was from a frequent fan with the username ‘GukkieGames’ he didn’t know much about this fan, but he was loyal, and would throw Yoongi a thoughtful 20,000 won every few months when he releases a new track which warmed Yoongi’s heart every single time. 

Yoongi types his phone password, wondering if Gukkie had donated seeing as he hadn’t for a while, but Yoongi hadn’t put out new music recently. He stared at the phone screen, now reading the donation message, yet not being able to take it in, not even slightly. What the hell was going on?

Donation from Anonymous: ₩ 5,000,000

Thank you for your music, you truly write for the world. 

Yoongi blinks away the tears forming in his eyes, not willing to cry right here in the university lobby. If he wasn’t waiting to be called in, he would disappear to the bathroom for a cry, but he can do that later. He inhales deeply, locking his phone with shaking hands knowing that if he reads it again he’ll just start sobbing right here on this plastic chair. It takes everything in his willpower to not unlock his phone again and reread the message another 20 times. Who donated? And why so much? He never had this kind of money, ever.

Mint green Porsche man. 

Yoongi’s eyes widened, almost not believing the connection because it’s too crazy. There’s no other explanation for it. An expensive car with a rich man was blasting his music this morning, he then receives a huge amount of money from an anonymous fan, who else could it be? Even if he’s rich, why was he willing to give away that ridiculous amount to little old Yoongi? His head spins sickenly at the thought, now truly believing that today was going to be more than okay, it was going to be good. 

Yoongi needed to find mint green Porsche man, he will find mint green Porsche man. He knows his whole thing with Agust D is anonymity, he enjoyed feeling like the Banksy of music, except Yoongi isn’t famous, but he was willing to reveal himself to this one fan. He had to, he couldn’t handle the gratitude inside of him bubbling away like a cauldron, he still wants to sob at the kindness. 

How does he find the Porsche guy? Yoongi is sure he’d recognise the car anywhere now that he’s seen it like that, and it’s just so vibrant, but what’s he supposed to do? He can’t just approach a moving car and be like ‘hey I know you’re driving but I am in fact Agust D and I want to thank you eternally for the rest of my existence I love you’ it’s too much. 

Song lyrics. Like an epiphany Yoongi suddenly realised he needs to write a new song immediately and contact Porsche guy through the lyrics, it was a risk because it might not have been Porsche guy- even though he’s 90% sure it is- and it would confuse things and he would also feel incredibly guilty if he shouts out the wrong person, but Porsche guy is still a fan if he’s willingly blasting Yoongi’s music in his car with the windows down, good can still happen through this, Yoongi’s just worrying needlessly about screwing things up. However, he really is convinced that no one else would possibly donate that much to Yoongi’s tiny Youtube channel except for the rich man that so happened to be blasting his music that very morning, it’s too much of a coincidence. 

A pang of guilt now hits him, what about Gukkie? He may not have donated 5 million won but he’s been here longer, donating smaller amounts but frequently. Yoongi realises his whole mysterious anonymous rapper concept is starting to slip through his fingers, he thought it would be easy to quietly release music to a small audience without getting so attached to a fan that he needs to thank them in person. 

He decides right there and then that out of his 148 subscribers, Gukkie and Porsche guy are the two most loyal fans, and he would find a way to meet them both, he could contact Gukkie easily but felt nervous at the thought of doing so, but he would still do it, first, though, he had to find Porsche man through lyrics, and maybe even give Gukkie a shoutout in the same song? Or would that make other fans who had potentially supported him quietly this entire time feel hurt? Maybe he could reference all of his silent fans in the song too and thank them? Yes, he would write a song this very evening called ‘To My Fans’.

 So many thoughts spiral in Yoongi’s head until a smartly dressed university lecturer pulls him out of his reverie. 

“Min Yoongi?” he asks, tone friendly. 

“Oh, yes, hi,” Yoongi bows his head quickly, standing up to shake the man's hand. 

“I’m Namjoon, a lecturer here, I’m on a free period so I’ve been sent to grab you and take you to the music room, come this way,” he offers, gesturing for Yoongi to follow him, walking in slightly awkward silence for a minute before Namjoon decides to break the ice. 

“So, how long have you been a piano teacher?” he quizzes. 

“Oh a few years now.”

“Do you enjoy it?”

Yoongi thinks for a moment, does he? For the sake of small talk, he supposes he does, and it’s not a complete lie, it’s a comfortable job. 

“It pays the bills, and I do enjoy music,” he admits. 

“Ah,” Namjoon nods in understanding. Yoongi isn’t fond of small talk but the walk to the music room seems to be never-ending and he wonders if he should ask Namjoon about himself, out of politeness. 

“What do you teach?” 

“English studies,” Namjoon states, his voice lacking much passion. 

“Oh cool, you’re fluent then?” 

“I am,” Namjoon laughs lightly.

“Do you enjoy it?” Yoongi asks, cringing suddenly at the fact that he’s pretty much just copied Namjoon’s question about teaching piano. 

“It pays the bills,” Namjoon grins, making Yoongi wonder if that was a slight quip at the fact that they just had pretty much identical conversations. This man did seem intelligent after all, it made Yoongi feel somewhat small and inferior, while he walked along wondering if Namjoon is older or younger than him, hoping he’s older but not sure. The doors to the music room are nearing, and Yoongi thanks the heavens that they’re here because he couldn’t walk and small talk for much longer, and he’s not even sure if he likes this Namjoon, he can’t quite read him. 

“This is it,” Namjoon gestures as they enter, patting at his pocket like he’s forgotten something. 

“Ah before I forget, this is your timetable so you know what times the students are coming, how long for, and when you get breaks. If you flip it over, on the back is details on each student in the order you’re teaching. Basically just their name, skill level, and what to expect from them, so I assume you’ll interpret it how you see fit, you’re the teacher after all. Yeah, that’s everything, I hope to see you around more!” Namjoon finishes, waving goodbye politely as he leaves Yoongi alone in the big room, making his way to the piano. 

Yoongi doesn’t care whether he sees Namjoon around more or not, he just seems like some dry lecturer. Yoongi shakes away his inner thoughts, now suddenly feeling guilty for being judgemental, you don’t know a person, he’s just had a weird day and hates when he can’t read people, because usually humans are transparent to him. 

And like that, he suddenly wishes he does see Namjoon again, because he has now suddenly piqued Yoongi’s curiosity, he’s more than just a boring old lecturer, but why? 

Okay, Porsche guy, Gukkie, Namjoon. 3 people he needed to learn more about. Challenge accepted. 

 

Authors Note: I did it, I got over the old classic first chapter hurdle and have now written chapter 2! I know Tae's part is super small, but it's important and is setting a scene for him, also his desires at the end of his section are a parallel to Hobi's reality at the start of his bit, that might make sense when you actually read it. Anyway, I hope you can understand where I'm going with this fic, and enjoy it:)