fin.

Before Her Wedding [JinJoo]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hey, it's been a while isn't it?"

 

"Yep. It really is," Yujin chuckled, rubbing the diamond ring in her finger. "You look so dashing in your suit, CPA Kim. I guess New York did you good?"

 

"Did it really look like that?" Minju smiled softly, twirling some strands of her now blonde hair. "You're one to talk, Daeng. You look... happy."

 

Yujin's eyes softened. For some reason, even if two years had already gone by and many things had changed, Minju's still calling her that nickname like the old times.

 

Saying she's happy is an understatement. Seeing Minju in front of her made her ecstatic-- like at last, she had found the final piece of herself that's been broken when she left.

 

"Americano and Machiato for Ms. An and Ms. Kim?" One of the servers of the cafè placed the drinks on their table.

 

"So how was life? I'm glad you could come to the wedding." Minju flinched. She doesn't know Yujin would still talk to her like that. Like her every word was coated with an unexplainable warmth. It's been what? Three years?

 

Three years when she could still hold the woman in front of her, cradle her in her arms as they count the stars during peaceful nights.

 

 

Three years when she decided to leave Korea behind, leave basically everything behind.

 

Minju grabbed a hold of the cup of coffee. She took a sip from it and she instantly regretted that she did.
 

Yujin immediately saw the frown in Minju's face. Her eyes widened when she realized something.

 

"Oh my God! I'm sorry!"

 

"It's okay, Daeng. I just didn't know there would come a time when you would have mistaken Wonyoung's favorite drink as mine..." Minju smiled bitterly, the espresso shots in her coffee wouldn't be enough to equal what she's feeling right now.

 

"Look, Min, I'm really sorry! For my tweet the other day too! I didn't mean for it to sound like that..."

 

"But it did. And that's okay. Because who am I to question your decisions when I was the one who left?" Minju's voice started breaking.

 

But she promised herself she won't cry. And so she forced herself to calm down.

 

She won't break down. No, not in front of her, at least.

 

Yujin on the other hand remained silent. She was just looking at the tiled floor, her eyes were sad.
 

 

When Minju felt that her heartbeat had slowed down after taking deep breaths, she then said,

 

"Daeng, do you know what's the best choice I have ever made in my life?"

 

Yujin didn't not answer. Instead she just looked at Minju's eyes when she heard her speak after some time of them being engulfed in silence. Minju took that as a que to continue.

 

"It was when I waited for the right time

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter