Fin.

Just a rainy day with you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sky was painted a dark grey, as raindrops cascaded outside. 

 

Dahyun pursed her lips as she looked out her window. 

 

How disappointing.

 

A few taps of her finger against the screen of her phone and then a ringing sound was heard. 

 

"Hello?"

 

Only a few rings and the girl's voice was heard. 

 

"What's up, baby?" 

 

Dahyun sighed. "We're going to have to cancel our plans together, Sana."

 

Her response was immediate.

 

"What? Why?" Sana's voice was alarmed. 

 

"It's pouring outside." The korean informed her disappointingly. 

 

It had been a sunny day up until now, of course the weather had to act up right then. 

 

"Hang on," and Dahyun figured the older girl was going to check outside. The faint noise of curtains being pulled across could be heard through the call. "Aw, shoot."

 

Dahyun hummed. "So, what now?"

 

But there wasn't anything they could really do. 

 

"Do you think I can just go in the rain anyway?" Hoping. 

 

Dahyun immediately scolded her, stern. "No, that's too dangerous and I don't want you getting hurt in case something happens."

 

Sana whined, "But I really wanted to see you today."

 

I know. 

 

I feel the same. 

 

She tried to reassure. "We can just go out on another day, yeah?" 

 

Hopefully, it won't be raining then.

 

"Okay." Dahyun could hear the frown in Sana's voice, feeling a pang in her chest. 

 

They had been busy the past week and a half, and had been unable to see each other. Today was supposed to be the day they'd finally meet up and just hang out in Dahyun's shared dorm. 

 

But it seems the plans have changed as Dahyun continued to watch the rain pour down harder outside her window. 

 

“I’ll hang up now, okay?” 

 

Sana hummed. “Okay, Dahyun.”

 

A small click and the call ended. 

 

Dahyun let out a deep breath as she closed her eyes. 

 

She supposed she would just spend the rest of the day by herself. 

 

That was fine. She’d find other things to occupy her in the meantime. 

 

But she couldn’t stop her thoughts from going back to Sana, longing to see her. 

 

Trying to distract herself, Dahyun scrolled through her social media on her phone, catching up with the latest stuff and her friends. 

 

And time did pass for her as she lay on the couch, casually lounging there. 

 

Yet, it was a bit boring. 

 

Almost half an hour later, Dahyun decided to make something for herself, so she walked over to the kitchen in her fuzzy slippers. 

 

Dahyun rolled up the sleeves to her oversized sweatshirt. A gift from her girlfriend.

 

Maybe she could make a cup of hot chocolate for herself. 

 

Then a soft knock was heard and Dahyun glanced up at the door. 

 

Strange. Dahyun tapped her phone, watching the screen light up, to check the time. It was almost seven p.m.

 

Chaeyoung and Tzuyu weren't supposed to be back until later that day and Dahyun wasn't expecting anyone. 

 

Unless-

 

Another knock.

 

The korean made her way over past the shoe cubbies.

 

Dahyun quickly unlocked and opened the door. 

 

There in the rain stood Sana. 

 

Dahyun's brows came together in puzzlement and shock. "Sana?"

 

Sana's hair and clothes were wet and she was carrying a small, closed umbrella in her hand. 

 

Dahyun worried at how Sana shivered from the cold.

 

The older girl pouted and suddenly Dahyun was stumbling back as Sana's body collided with hers in a hug. 

 

A clatter as the umbrella fell onto the ground. 

 

Sana's arms had looped around her slim waist, tightly holding onto her as if she was scared Dahyun was going to disappear at any moment. 

 

"I missed you," Sana said lowly, her breath tickling Dahyun's ear at the close proximity. 

 

The younger girl's heart warmed at the words. 

 

Dahyun sighed softly, her arms coming around to sooth the other's back, feeling how Sana's shirt was completely soaked.

 

She smelled like the rain. 

 

"I missed you, too."

 

She could feel how her sweatshirt was bunched up in Sana's fisted hands on her back. 

 

A couple seconds longer and then Dahyun pulled away, much to Sana's dismay as she whined at the loss of contact. 

 

Dahyun had to hold out her hands in order to stop the japanese from pulling her back in. 

 

"I know, but no more hugs for now. We need to change your shirt otherwise

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter