I'm angry but I still love you

Pills & Potions
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 4: I'm angry but I still love you.

 

Driving her car into a driveway she was unfamiliar with, Seulgi observed the beige walls of what was clearly a high-end apartment complex. If those lush trees and classy gates were not an indication enough, the yellow lights on the floor lighting up the building like it was a hotel really screamed, "I'm consuming electricity 24/7 because the people who live here can pay for it!" 

 

Apparently, Irene and her family moved places. 

 

Seulgi would like to say that her time with Irene was spent in reconciliation... In picking up the broken pieces of their friendship, but it was actually only spent in silence with Irene always attempting to open up to Seulgi with her "Seul...", "Seulgi...", and "I love you"s.

 

Whilst Seulgi searched for every bit of strength she could muster in order to ignore her ex-bestfriend and shout "You're drunk!" to Irene at her every attempt.

 

Seulgi didn't want to invalidate Irene's feelings (if it were true) but what kind of validation would you get from a drunk? 

 

Although in Irene's defense she was slowly becoming sober, but still the technicality that Irene had only called Seulgi when/because she was drunk made the chef-to-be hesitant to trust Irene. 

 

Also, three ing years! It's not like Seulgi was rejected yesterday and now Irene was changing her mind... No! Three years! 

 

Three years of ignoring each other's existence, three years that Seulgi had to work on moving on and when she thought that she finally did move on... Irene reels her right back in to blackpink's album. Get it? Blackpink's album? Square One? Because Seulgi was back to square o--you know what.. Never mind. 

 

So please excuse her if Seulgi can't bring herself to just hop on Irene's "I love you" and say I love you back, but believe it when I say that Seulgi was tempted. 

 

Let us thank all the dead puppies in the world tonight that Seulgi was able to endure. REST IN PEACE BELOVED PUPPIES. 

 

Seulgi set her gear shift to P, still silent and just waiting for Irene to get out of her car. 

 

"Seul.. Can't you listen to me?" Seulgi ignored the pleading in Irene's voice. She didn't want to hurt her but as she has said, Seulgi doesn't think she can survive another heartbreak from Irene. 

 

"You're drunk Irene." 

 

"Yes I know I'm drunk, you've been saying that since I woke up. Please Seul, just listen..." 

 

"Go home Irene, not tonight okay?" 

 

Oh God, please don't cry.... Please don't cry.... 

 

Seulgi closed her eyes and tightened her grip on her steering wheel at the sound of sniffles coming from the passenger seat.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter