je t'aime (wenjoy)

je t'aime
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N – guys, disclaimer, I don’t know about Paris or France in general HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA but I wanted to make one since this is inspired by the song Je ‘taime which is sung originally by Hey and is remade by our Joy!!!

I actually enjoyed researching things that are related to paris hHAHAHSHSHSHS

Here it goes hHAHAHAA

 

Je t’aime. (Joy&Wendy)

 

“Are Irene and Seulgi dating?” Wendy asked her out of nowhere. She was used to people probing her about that. The answer to that question? She doesn’t know either. Irene would just casually shift the topic when asked while Seulgi—she’s a lost cause. She’s as pure as a newborn baby- completely oblivious to the fact that a lot of people like her romantically but she only sees them as her friends. That’s probably why Irene is so overprotective of Seulgi but she’s not like that to their other friends.

It was a different kind of care --- Joy observed, Irene cares for Seulgi a lot more than one would think—she’s sometimes like a doting mother but most of the time, she’s more like an overprotective lover who thinks that anyone could easily snatch Seulgi away from her.

“Uh, I don’t really know..” Joy shrugged her shoulders, “It’s weird. I can’t tell? No one really can?” she started, “It feels like Irene likes Seulgi but she doesn’t know it yet? Because whenever I confront her about it she’d just laugh nervously and deny it or she’d change the topic like it never mattered.”

This caught Wendy’s attention now. The young baker stopped pounding her dough as she faced Joy who was sitting on the kitchen top, reading her script.

“Interesting..” she bobbed her head, resting her thumb below her chin, deep in thought. “But it’s probably just because they’ve known each other for the longest time… right?” Wendy’s eyes landed on Joy’s whose attention was still on her papers.

She saw Joy flick her eyes at her for a moment before going back on her script, “Yeah, maybe. But Irene’s not like that to her younger sister, Eunbi, Seulgi told me about her.”

“Is she a handful like Seulgi?”

Joy paused before speaking, “Irene and her are very much alike.”

“Then I guess it’s understandable how she’s not like that to her younger sister then..”

Sighing, Joy faced Wendy—“Believe me when I tell you that it’s different. We’re friends too, right? And I’m quite a troublemaker myself but Irene doesn’t care that much about me. It’s not like I crave her attention or something,” she defended when Wendy smirked at her, “It’s just that I’m trying to make a comparison between her and I,”

Wendy feigned defeat, “Alright. So—it’s one-sided then?”

“Could be but we’re not really sure. Seulgi tends to keep most of her emotions to herself. She doesn’t really open up that much. She’s the type to take care of other people first before herself and I find it really amazing and stupid at the same time.”

“I see,” Wendy paused as she continued pounding the dough that she was working on earlier, “What about you, Joy? Do you have a boyfriend?” the smaller woman’s attention was focused on the dough while Joy, taken aback, stopped reading her script and leaned on the wall. “Currently am single,” she pursued her lips, “to think of it, I’ve been in Paris for months now and I haven’t dated.. I’m in the city of love yet I don’t have a lover,”she faced Wendy, “This is sad.”

“Oh, what a tragedy,” Wendy turned her head sideways to Joy as she grinned at her, teasing her. Joy rolled her eyes, “Yah, I’m serious! What about you then?”

Wendy placed the her dough in a bowl, covered it and placed it on the side before answering the younger woman. “Ah, nope. I never dated here in Paris.”

“But you’ve been here for years!” Joy exclaimed, emphasizing the last word. Wendy puts her hands on her waist, “I didn’t come here to date. I came here to bake,” she stated matter-of-factly. Joy scoffed, wrinkling her nose. “Then what do you do for fun?”

The older woman leaned on the kitchen top next to Joy who continued reading her script, “Ah, I bake?”

Joy blew a raspberry. “Nope, this ain’t it.” she jumped from where she was sitting, “I’ll take you out later on a date. Close your shop early.”

“D-date?” Wendy, bewildered, asked the taller woman who beamed at her. “Yes, Wendy, I’m taking you out tonight.”

“Th—but why?”

Joy fixed her things which were on the other side of the kitchen top, she placed her pens on her case and dumped them in her tote bag. “Why not?” she asked her back, “Friends go out in dates too, yes?”

Wendy sighed. Of course, they’re friends. That’s what they are.

“Alright. I’ll see you at 7. Pick me up here.” she raised both of her hands in defeat—she must be overthinking things. Joy is just her friend. It was a spur of a moment thing—something that Joy likes doing and Wendy is still not used to it even though they’ve known each other for half a year now.

“Very well, I’ll see you later!” Joy backpedalled as she gave her a bunch of flying kisses, exiting her pantry with such grace that only the taller woman could muster of doing. Wendy shook her head in amusement.

“Ah, what would I do without my Joy.” She heard herself say as she proceeded sit down for a short while, she was waiting for her dough to rise.

They both met in April—it was a rainy day when woman with fresh parisian dreams arrived in her little world. Wendy just displayed her fresh-from-the-oven croissant when a tall, dark haired woman ducked inside her shop with a couple of books and one small korean to french dictionary on her other hand.

It isn’t Wendy’s first time to see someone like Joy but it was a first of her to be in a presence of someone—ethereal? Wendy couldn’t describe it but in her eyes, the woman who is currently beaming at her is someone that made her heart skip a beat—cliché as it may sound but it was Wendy’s first time to feel something this—intense? to a certain stranger.

“Combien pour un croissant?” the tall woman spoke to her in broken french. Wendy appreciated the effort which made her smile. “1 euro,” she replied instantly.

The woman raised her index finger, “1 euro, yes?” she was now speaking to her in english—eyebrows furrowed. It was obvious that the woman was struggling. Wendy stiffled a giggle.

“Yes, 1 euro.” She then replied in Korean. The woman’s face lit up. “Oh my god! Finally, someone who speaks korean!” she exasperated. “I’m Sooyoung but I call myself Joy here.” She spoke to her in her mother tongue. Wendy bobbed her head, “I’m Seungwan but I prefer to be called Wendy, pleased to meet you.” She replied with the same decadence. The smaller woman then fished out two warm croissants, “Only 1 euro, the other one’s on the house. It’s not easy for us be alone in a foreign country.” She winked at the taller woman who beamed at her.

“Thank you so much!” Wendy could literally feel Joy’s gratefulness as she hugged the paper bag which contained Wendy’s special croissants.

“You’re a student?” she pointed at Joy’s duffel bag and books which was on the counter as she opened her wallet. “Ah yes,” Joy looked up, giving her 1 euro. “I just received my fist main role for a school play,”

Wendy smiled back at her, “Congrats!” she received the money—the moment her hand touched Joy’s-- she could feel something spark between them- giving her goosebumps. This is definitely weird. She thought—it was a first of her to feel such thing… and she was afraid that if she’ll let go of this now she may never encounter this kind of phenomenon again.

“Thank you!” Joy grinned, “Are you open on weekends?”

Wendy nodded, “Yes- but I’m only open until lunch on Sundays.” Joy thought that it was weird, she tilted her head, confused.

“I have things to do on Sundays,” Wendy explained, she admits it though, it’s actually very weird for bakeries to close on a lunch time especially in Paris (A/N- charot im not sure HAHAHAHAHAH I JUST ASSUME THINGS IM SORRY JUST CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG HAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHHA)

“You don’t mind if I drop here every other day?” Joy’s head was hung low, spoke in a manner where either she’s embarrassed or ashamed of herself. Wendy couldn’t exactly point out but she finds her cute either way.

“Of course,” Wendy answered her cheerily, “If you want, I can also introduce you to my other korean friends?”

Joy looked up and her face lit up again, “Really? Oh my gosh, thank you!” Joy couldn’t help herself anymore, she reached from where she was standing and hugged Wendy who shrieked at the sudden contact.

“You have no idea how hard it is for me to be in a country where you don’t speak their language!” she breathed in Wendy’s collar before leaning out from the hug, “Thank you so much!”

The smaller woman rubbed the back of her neck, trying to fight herself from blushing, “I understand. I’ve been there,” she shyly smiled, “I’ll give you my number? So that I can text you whenever I have freshly baked goods.”

“Thank you so much! You’re an angel!”

Wendy rubbed her eyes, she must have fallen asleep while waiting for the dough to rise. She checked the bowl which she set on the side earlier, she then gently deflated the dough and folded its edges into the center then turning it over in the bowl. She sets it aside since it will take another 45 minutes for the dough to rise again.

Wendy opened her phone and checked that it was still 4 in the afternoon. She received a text from Irene.

From: Irene

Wendy, is Seulgi there?

The small woman checked the shop and there were a couple of people around. Her friend, Eunji, was manning the counter at the moment.

To: Irene

Negative. Thought you guys are joined at the hip? This is a first. :p

She likes to tease the older woman since she’s the only one who knows about Irene’s little attraction (Irene’s words not hers) on Seulgi. She only asked Joy about

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter