Don't Wake Me up

The Ghost of You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I stood there quietly as I watched him pack. I couldn’t help but think that this was the last time for a while that I would get to watch him do monotonous silly things like pack. Man was I going to miss it...miss him. Probably feeling my gaze burning a hole into the side of his face, he turned towards me and looked at me. 

“Is something the matter?” I could hear the concern in his voice. 

I shook my head no. I didn’t want to show him that I was worried, hurt and worst of all scared.. My heart felt constricted and the lump in my throat felt like it was choking me. I could feel the tears welling up in my eyes, trying so hard to blink them back down. He can’t see me like this. I need to stay composed, to show him...me.. that I can do this. I can be strong on my own. As much as I tried to hide what I was feeling, tears started to stream down my cheek. I consciously had to tell myself not to ugly cry because I was on the verge of letting the flood gates open. Without hesitation, he approached me and wrapped his arms around me. His warmth enveloped me. I took in his scent, the faint fragrance of jasmine and spearmint filled my nostrils, soothing me. I put my hands around his thin waist and buried my face in the crook of his neck. The tears which freely flowed were out of my control now. We stood there like this, him holding me tightly in his arms while I silently sobbed. 

 

When I managed to get myself under

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter